• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm Bolt Action Rifle - Looking for people with experience with the manufacturer (Curtis Tactical)

You're probably going to have to handload to get any kind of accuracy. I had a 9mm barrel made for my T/C thinking I could shoot 147 Federal through it with a suppressor. Slingshot accuracy at best. The only ammo that shot worth a darn was 127gr. +P+ Winchester. Not sure why, but it shoots good enough to at least use the barrel once in a while.

This isnt a probably thing.

All the loaded ammo is made to a spec. Go find out what the allowable spec is and report back.

It's been quite a while, but IIRC it's on the order of 3" @25 yds.

Our pressure test barrel would easily do under 1" with most loads.

That doesn't mean SA pistols will do the same, but a decent rifle should hold 1" @25yds with handloading.

Of course, I'd be much happier with <1" @ 50yds

I've actually thought about doing a rimless 38 Spl/357 on a CZ 527.
I'd use 223/Fireball brass shortened to the correct length and load up 180-200gr lead hard cast.

1. 221 Fireball magazine. Might as well get all the case length I need so it feeds properly without modification.

2. I already have dies.

3. No special reamer needed. Most gunsmiths probably have a 38/357 in a drawer somewhere.

This isnt a probably thing.

All the loaded ammo is made to a spec. Go find out what the allowable spec is and report back.
I was trying to be diplomatic when I said probably. I opened my barrel up to 9x23 right off the bat and then 9mm magnum. If
you need to handload for it, might as well make it useful.