• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report A Day At Reade Range

Center Mass

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2008
Pa
Well, the weather was beautiful and a couple of friends and myself actually had the same day off for once.

So, we decided to hit Reade Range for the day. It was GREAT. We all had fun and got some major shooting done. It was windy as usual up there but it was nothing we couldn't handle...sort of.

We shot at 600, 800, 900, and 1000 yds. We all shot real consistent out to 800 but things got a little tougher the further back we went.

Here's some pics,

Alan (alan98 hide handle) with his trued R700 w/ 24" Bartlien barrel in .308. Absolute tack driver.
Picture001-1.jpg

Heath (.30-378) with his SPS Tactical in B&C Light Tactical stock. Nice lightweight stick.
Picture013.jpg

Me with my new custom switch barrel wearing it's 20" Rock Creek .308 barrel. I'm pleased so far.
Picture003.jpg

Alan laying down long range paper death at 900 yds.
Picture006.jpg

Heath Flinging lead at 1000 yds.
Picture011.jpg

Me trying to keep up with Alan.
Picture010.jpg

Can't wait to go back!!

Picture009.jpg

I need to fine tune my postiton, STRAIGHT BACK!!

CM

Re: A Day At Reade Range

Gezze, if I knew he was going to post pics I would have dressed up and did my hair. Yeah the wind kicked our ass today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you all left handed?</div></div>

Yeah, kinda freaky ain't it.

Good eye by the way!

CM

Looks like a nice range, me and a friend of mine up here want to make our way down there one of these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a nice range, me and a friend of mine up here want to make our way down there one of these days.</div></div>

It's what, maybe 2.5-3 hours for you? Check out the Reade Range schedule and come down on one of the F-Class days. They are great time.

CM.

Looks like you guys had a great time. When I come home on mid-tour leave from A-stan we'll have to get together with Jim and head out to Reade for some shooting.

CMS

Center Mass, yeah thats about right. We have camped there at Prince Galitzin SP a time or two and we run 220/99 all the time heading to visit my Dad in Romney WV. We used to go to Bodines but they no longer allow F-Class so we are looking for new places to stretch our legs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you guys had a great time. When I come home on mid-tour leave from A-stan we'll have to get together with Jim and head out to Reade for some shooting.

CMS</div></div>
You got it brother!! Take care over there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Center Mass, yeah thats about right. We have camped there at Prince Galitzin SP a time or two and we run 220/99 all the time heading to visit my Dad in Romney WV. We used to go to Bodines but they no longer allow F-Class so we are looking for new places to stretch our legs.</div></div>
Reade is definitely your place. We have members from all over and when they come to shoot, they are allowed to camp on the range for the weekend at no cost.

CM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CD0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Groups?</div></div>

Well, we had to deal with steady 5-8 mph winds with the occasional gust to 10 mph or above that was continuously switch from half to full value and sometimes no value.

Didn't have the camera in the pits but I think we kept things within a minute of angle out to 900 fairly consistently until the wind switched up on us. I managed to shoot the 3" paister a few times in a row at 600. I didn't measure it but was about a 2-1/4" group.

My handloads fell apart at 1000 (I believe because of bad neck tensions) but Alan stepped up and put some impressive hits down range.

Thanks for all the great replies guys. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon so I'll have to check back with this topic in a couple of weeks.

I hope I don't suffer from Hide withdrawals
smile.gif

CM