• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision A few hogs taken out with thermal and digital night vision.

TEXASLAWMAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
I forgot to post this up its a few weeks old. It from when Delta4-3 came out and helped us with the thermal comparison. We let the guest shoot the hogs that first night a few of them had never hunted stalking up in a group so it was a totally new experience for them. They are hooked! I have to say the N750 video looks pretty good considering the weather conditions it was hot humid and totally dark. The drawback to the digital was the illuminator he was using it washed out all the I^2 stuff we were trying to video with. Also every time he turned it on the hogs could see his illuminator. This first group just looked at it but the rest of the weekend they ran the second he turned it on.

the first part of the video, what scope is that?

That is the w1000 I forgot to add since I was letting a guy who had never hunted at night shoot I set the contrast to maximum and adjusted the focus to 100 yards so it does not look it's best on video, but it made it where he could just point and shoot without making his first night hunt overly complicated. We also did not use the digital scope on the first hog because he was in tall grass and did not show up at all.

Do you have the same problem with the hogs seeing the illuminator with the other NV illuminators you use, or just the illuminators on the digital scopes ?
Thinking about it now, that may be the reason the coyotes that I don't kill are jumpy when I see them a second time using my Pulsar DFA 75, or N550.

Do you have the same problem with the hogs seeing the illuminator with the other NV illuminators you use, or just the illuminators on the digital scopes ?
Thinking about it now, that may be the reason the coyotes that I don't kill are jumpy when I see them a second time using my Pulsar DFA 75, or N550.

Its the red glow from the devise they see just like the red glow you can see from a ir game camera at night. On a very dark night when you need the illuminator the red glow is of course brighter. They have spotted all illuminators I have used but they really reacted to the one on that n750 maybe a different wavelength? Maybe they just know that red glow means death now I'm not sure. For best results either point the illuminator at the ground and slowly come up on the animal, or aim it in the air and slowly come down. Just like you would with a visible spot light. The instant on seems to spook them more.

Could someone give me a down and dirty explanation between digital and normal NVD's?

Digital is noting more than a sensor from a digital camera with the IR filter removed. Digital does not have the light amplification abilities of normal night vision yet at least in civilian markets. For a better explanation one of the techy guys will have to jump in I'm just a shooter.

Could someone give me a down and dirty explanation between digital and normal NVD's?

Digital is noting more than a sensor from a digital camera with the IR filter removed. Digital does not have the light amplification abilities of normal night vision yet at least in civilian markets. For a better explanation one of the techy guys will have to jump in I'm just a shooter.

I forgot to post this up its a few weeks old. It from when Delta4-3 came out and helped us with the thermal comparison. We let the guest shoot the hogs that first night a few of them had never hunted stalking up in a group so it was a totally new experience for them. They are hooked! I have to say the N750 video looks pretty good considering the weather conditions it was hot humid and totally dark. The drawback to the digital was the illuminator he was using it washed out all the I^2 stuff we were trying to video with. Also every time he turned it on the hogs could see his illuminator. This first group just looked at it but the rest of the weekend they ran the second he turned it on.

The video, dialog of comparison and commentary is very good.