• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Floridian's Ode' to Christmas

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Twas the day before Christmas, and all through the state,
The highways were jammed with out of state plates,
With road salt and grime all along their vehicles doors,
And hopes of sunny beaches and frozen concoctions galore.

The children were sacked out in the back seats,
From the long distance journey, their parents retreat,
Dad has been driving for hours on caffine and hope,
That the kids would stop asking, "Can we go out fishing on Granpa's boat."

When up on the right, there arose such a clutter,
The traffic was stopped, and Dad began to mutter,
Why did my parents retire to Florida, it is beyond me,
Who ever heard of a Christmas Palm Tree.

Then out of the corner of his eye, it became apparent to see,
Why Florida attracts the gaggle of retirees,
Siting on the beach with a beer in his hand,
Sat Santa Clause in a speedo with a tan!</span></span>

<span style="color: #33CC00"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Merry Christmas inmates</span></span>

Re: A Floridian's Ode' to Christmas

I'll be driving north from Florida. Let me know when they leave.

Praise Jesus

Screw Christmas

NO religon intended.

Thanks queequeg,

I can put on more clothes in the winter. I've been to Florida in the summer. They only let you take off so much. Then they put you in jail. Hahaha... I'm glad you like it there. Friend's uncle used to live there. But he was a truck driver and was only home 3 or 4 days every 2 weeks or so.

Just joking. Merry Christmas to you and the girls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I can put on more clothes in the winter. I've been to Florida in the summer. They only let you take off so much. Then they put you in jail. Hahaha... I'm glad you like it there. Friend's uncle used to live there. But he was a truck driver and was only home 3 or 4 days every 2 weeks or so.</div></div>

My granddad used to say it was easier to put on more clothes to stay warm than take off enough to stay cool. Makes sense, but after spending time in cold climates I think I'd rather sweat.

Merry Christmas...no matter what the latitude.