• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A historical and cultural anomaly.

My wife uncle from TX says there si 3 kinds of snakes. Land cobras, water cobras, and tree cobras. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If you tell my grandpa you saw a venomous snake his answer is always "ah that was just a chicken snake"

I know you're lying, I've always known 😆

Reactions: diggler1833
If you tell my grandpa you saw a venomous snake his answer is always "ah that was just a chicken snake"

I know you're lying, I've always known 😆

I usually run into the opposite here. Everything is either a water moccasin (if it was close to the water), or a copperhead (if it wasn't close to the water).

MFs can identify 42 different weed and grass species, but know three snakes.

I usually run into the opposite here. Everything is either a water moccasin (if it was close to the water), or a copperhead (if it wasn't close to the water).

MFs can identify 42 different weed and grass species, but know three snakes.
There are posts on my Nextdoor almost every day asking "Can you identify this snake? Is it poisonous?" Then of course the prerequisite "I am concerned because I have small children that play in the yard."

My response was "I can't believe adults can't remember and identify the four venomous snakes in the U.S. It's not like you live in Australia. Four, people, one for each finger on the hand. Does the state know you have children, because I didn't think retarded people were allowed to reproduce."

My answer earned me a long time out back before I knew Nextdoor was run by Karens.

LE are just as bad, with one dumbfuck chiming in and saying he had to call the local SO to dispatch a snake in his garage. The deputy said it was a Copper back Moccasin, very poisonous.

Last edited:
I generally ask the wife. She's into snakes and can identify most of them when she sees them.

There are posts on my Nextdoor almost every day asking "Can you identify this snake? Is it poisonous?" Then of course the prerequisite "I am concerned because I have small children that play in the yard."

My response was "I can't believe adults can't remember and identify the four venomous snakes in the U.S. It's not like you live in Australia. Four, people, one for each finger on the hand. Does the state know you have children, because I didn't think retarded people were allowed to reproduce."

My answer earned me a long time out back before I knew Nextdoor was run by Karens.

LE are just as bad, with one dumbfuck chiming in and saying he had to call the local SO to dispatch a snake in his garage. The deputy said it was a Copper back Moccasin, very poisonous.
Ive been banned from Nextdoor so many times I finally gave up. Its all Karens and Kens and if you disagree with them they just ban you and feel superior for doing it.

Ive been banned from Nextdoor so many times I finally gave up. Its all Karens and Kens and if you disagree with them they just ban you and feel superior for doing it.
You know, I'm really angry with you people. I've seen several posts about Nextdoor, so I felt it necessary to sign up recently and look for myself. I've been lurking on the site for the posts in my area and it's disgusting. I recently saw a post from some guy that was all proud of himself because he noticed a street sweeper coming down his street and, "it was two days early!" So he jumped out in front of it and "confronted" the driver about being two days early and this was somehow an affront to this guy's civic sensibilities: "something, something...how dare he...I don't care if you're just doing your job...blah, blah" Some other guy was complaining about a neighbor that left his sprinklers on all night and now the sidewalk was all wet where young students waiting for the school bus had to wait on a wet sidewalk. WTF? I can't take it.

Of course there are also the obligatory posts about random coyote sightings, just like you all said would be there. To make it more relevant to this sub-topic of snakes, I live in the Willamette Valley, so you would think any snake sightings would not show any concern, since we don't have any venomous species. But of course someone has posted a photo of concern with what was a rather good sized garter snake...fortunately several people properly identified it to allay the poster's concern, though the poster did follow up after hearing it was a harmless garter, "but it was big, so wasn't really sure if OK in their yard." My god these people are dumb! I hate you people for luring me into this den of stupidity. LOL

You could be living in parts of Asia where you could take the time to learn the 2 or 3 snakes that won't kill you, but it's simpler just to kill every snake before it kills you, then offer it to your neighbours for dinner.

I like knowing which snakes are good for killing other snakes. We have both the speckled and prairie kingsnakes here, and I've gone out of my way to show my kids when I find one.

Reactions: JbBooks
I like knowing which snakes are good for killing other snakes. We have both the speckled and prairie kingsnakes here, and I've gone out of my way to show my kids when I find one.
Big Black Snakes are good to have around as well.

I've been seeing some long, skinny ribbon looking snakes stretched out in the road 3'-4' long. I had to swerve to keep from running over the last one.

Growing up we of course killed all venomous snakes but I ran across a rattler on a friends ranch this summer, maybe 30" long. I've stepped on rattlers and not even had them curl up and make a sound but this last one had a nasty attitude and buzzed loud as hell from fifty feet away which still made my knees weak. For the first time I realized how beautiful rattlesnakes are, the diamondback pattern is like something you'd see on a Navaho blanket and drawings and am sure thats where Indians got their influence.

Anyway, I didn't kill him.

You know, I'm really angry with you people. I've seen several posts about Nextdoor, so I felt it necessary to sign up recently and look for myself. I've been lurking on the site for the posts in my area and it's disgusting. I recently saw a post from some guy that was all proud of himself because he noticed a street sweeper coming down his street and, "it was two days early!" So he jumped out in front of it and "confronted" the driver about being two days early and this was somehow an affront to this guy's civic sensibilities: "something, something...how dare he...I don't care if you're just doing your job...blah, blah" Some other guy was complaining about a neighbor that left his sprinklers on all night and now the sidewalk was all wet where young students waiting for the school bus had to wait on a wet sidewalk. WTF? I can't take it.

Of course there are also the obligatory posts about random coyote sightings, just like you all said would be there. To make it more relevant to this sub-topic of snakes, I live in the Willamette Valley, so you would think any snake sightings would not show any concern, since we don't have any venomous species. But of course someone has posted a photo of concern with what was a rather good sized garter snake...fortunately several people properly identified it to allay the poster's concern, though the poster did follow up after hearing it was a harmless garter, "but it was big, so wasn't really sure if OK in their yard." My god these people are dumb! I hate you people for luring me into this den of stupidity. LOL
Thank you for posting this... I wasn't even aware of a site called Nextdoor, much less what it was. Now I don't have to check it out and get their dipshittery all over me.

You may have saved my life.

Mike

Big Black Snakes are good to have around as well.

DF69F5E2-E32E-46A7-BFB7-D67B37546887.gif

Now I was tempted to quote Maxduty for that gif, but instead I was nice. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Maxduty
Cody Wyoming.
Buffalo Bill’s Irma Hotel restaurant.
It was a sign.
Yesterday.
Bison shaped chicken strip.
It is going in a shadow box.

I have 3 Choctaw grandchildren.
True story.