• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A little help concerning a military discharge

There was another kid in my flight that was coming back from a town pass for Thanksgiving, we graduated the day before...he goes running up the stairs to the barracks and a drill sgt kicked him in the jaw knocking him back down the stairs. Supposedly he was chewing gum and the TI saw it. Duder ended up getting recycled back to week two of basic to "learn his lesson", nothing happened to the Drill Sgt.

• Wow
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
...Maybe its just me - but morally speaking, selling drugs is way down on my list of how bad a crime is. Shit, it aint even in the 10 commandments.. so hopefully won't need a waiver to get in heaven..? 🤔
My reading of the New Testament seems to indicate pretty strongly that nobody gets into heaven without a very particular sort of waiver. You're probably no farther behind the curve than anyone else. ;)

Who's to say how long it took to process discharge paperwork? It's not like they care about getting him back on the block.
Process discharge and arrange travel could take a couple weeks.
Investigations definitely delay the process, as does injuries, but otherwise it's less. ELS is pretty quick, the few I had come home were back at the house inside a week of me getting the phone call from their drill instructor. One refusal to train, three days, another medical for stress fractures, a few weeks because they had to get her well enough to be off crutches. One for asthma attack on the IST, less than a week. When I worked the ranges at PI, I was drinking buddies with a hat that worked casualty platoon for a stretch. I recall he said turnover there was only a few days until they were on a plane or bus home.

Biggest disclaimer is I haven't done the uniform shit since 2006 so my info is all pretty old, but I did find the old recruiting manual still online I was held to. https://www.marines.mil/Portals/1/Publications/MCO P1100.72C W ERRATUM.pdf That and the OP never mentioned what branch the kid joined, that makes a big difference as well since all my experience is USMC.

It's funny and sad reading the old DADT policy on the gays.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I always RSP’d my drops. Would call their Recruiters around dinner time to tell them.

I also used to return Recruiter’s phone calls when I came in at lights.

We would get some seriously anti-social and violent recruits. It was always the same story when I called Mr. Recruiterman.

Recruiterman: “Best poolee I ever had. A real pillar of the community!”

Me: “He’s getting separated, not dropped in training.”

Recruiterman: “….”

Me: “Hahahahahahahahahahaha!”

Shit went crazy when 5 recruits from the same RS on the same deck all RSP’d in the same week.

Good times.

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
1687307714009.jpeg

One of the recruits I went through boot camp with popped positive in boot camp, Navy 1985. He passed the MEPS test and did coke that night before flying out. Spent about three months on legal hold in Orlando. He ended up finishing his 6 years as an FC and got out.

Best way to find out why he left boot camp is ask. Sounds like he was safe around the house before he went.