• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing A little of this year's hunting (Pic Heavy)

tmcginnis

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
Texas
I had some amazing opportunities to hunt some extremely beautiful animals. Wanted to share some pictures with you guys.

This is the Persian Gazelle i had the opportunity to take at the Priour Ranch out in Kerrville, Texas. I ended up hunting this animal for about 2 hours after spotting him. Took a while to get into a position to take a clear shot, but had a fantastic time doing it. A very exciting hunt.
Took this one with a .204 shooting 40 grain hornady ammunition.
Unfortunately, i did not get to take this one with my .308 as these are very small animals and was afraid of doing too much damage. EVEN MORE UNFORTUNATELY, i borrowed my cousins .204 that was sighted in high and to the left. Shot him in the neck near the jaw, but he dropped right there at about 200 yards.
All in all, a great experience.
IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Next up is my father's Afghan Urial. I did not take this one, but he took it with a .30-06 round nose bullet. Ranked number 7 in the world. Amazing species.
IMG_0498.jpg

Next is the nice sized little coyote i busted with a .308 at 250 yards. Saw this guy running through the pasture with a bird in his mouth. First round hit, finished him up with a 9mm hollow point after i tracked him down in some swampy water.
IMG_0871.jpg

For an added bonus, here is my uncles "pet" pig, Bacon. It was VERY difficult to not shoot that thing when i saw it running up haha.
IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

I shot a number of little varmint (rabbits mainly), as well as had a great duck season. Great time all in all.
Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

Re: A little of this year's hunting (Pic Heavy)

nice pics, did you see any tall blackbucks at the priour ranch? Im trying to narrow where i'll do my 1st blkbuck hunt this year and well living here in san antonio there ranches are pretty much everywhere.

There were quite a few, but get ready for a long shot. Those guys are VERY skiddish.
Also, my great uncle owns the Lazy B out in Mountain Home. They have several blackbucks and top notch accomodations. If you are interested, i can get you any information you need!

My wife and I have hunted with Dalton and Cody on the Lazy B a few times... Also remember "Bacon". Just like a dog... Nice Ranch and some awesome animals!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Westtexan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife and I have hunted with Dalton and Cody on the Lazy B a few times... Also remember "Bacon". Just like a dog... Nice Ranch and some awesome animals!
</div></div>

Thats awesome. Dalton is my cousin. He was actually the one that helped me out at the Priour this weekend.
When was the last time you guys were out there?

we were there last fall and shot a couple of red hinds. Dalton is a good guy and I enjoyed hunting with him. His grandfather was there also, so you know there was a lot of good eating!!

My wife and her hind.... and Cody's dog "Callie"
ArizonaHunting042.jpg

My hog from the Lazy B
ArizonaHunting035.jpg

Very nice! Dalton's grandfather is an awesome man. Larry had us down there and i dont think i have eaten that well in my entire life. The man knows how to cook. Dalton's jack russel terrier, Nosler, is a hell of a tracking dog as well. Btw, what are the specs on that rifle you took that hog with?