• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Message from Jim @ Prime Ammo

Jim is top shelf and someone I want to see succeed for my hobby.

I pre-ordered 3 cases, now need to navigate the CA lunacy starting in July.
Yeah, I feel your pain. Waiting on a case of ammo from MHS, that got delayed due to the flooding. Arrives on the 28th...I know the gunstore is going to be swamped this weekend. :(

Thank y
One of my co-workers let me know some info about Prime a couple weeks ago during this ammo testing and swore me to secrecy LOL.

Congratulations to Jim and the Prime Team on their non-stop work to get us picky shooters the products we were begging for!!

I can't wait to fork over money in exchange for some of the best factory ammo I have ever used!
ouT
One of my co-workers let me know some info about Prime a couple weeks ago during this ammo testing and swore me to secrecy LOL.

Congratulations to Jim and the Prime Team on their non-stop work to get us picky shooters the products we were begging for!!

I can't wait to fork over money in exchange for some of the best factory ammo I have ever used!
So...similar price, similar performance, similar load, similar box, but now USA made! Win win for everyone.
Jim, congrats brother. Happy for you and happy to support your efforts as we have done in the past.

Jake
Thanks a ton Jake...very much appreciated...hoping to wear out some of your steel with it!!!

This is very good news. I’d been having Prime shipped to matches/classes. At home, I reproduced the load with Berger AR Hybrid OTM pills and H4350.

I wonder if I’m now using the same bullets.

Too kind...thank you very much - if you issues with CA please contact me via our support email: [email protected]

Will you guys implement a process for those who are exempt from this idiocy? I know it's a pain in the ass to have to try and address something like this. You guys are busy enough just trying to get this ammo made and ready for delivery.

Will you guys implement a process for those who are exempt from this idiocy? I know it's a pain in the ass to have to try and address something like this. You guys are busy enough just trying to get this ammo made and ready for delivery.
My ffl in San Jose says he is GTG with the process, I will test it out in July with other ammo and let jim@prime know.

6XC with 115 dtac/rdf
25 creed with 131 blackjack

Sherman's 7SS and/or 7 SAUM with 180 eldm
300 PRC with 225 ELDM/215 bergers

223 with 80 eldm seated long
224 valk with 88 eldm

normal match cartridges around the $1.30-1.50
magnums around $1.75-2.50
223/224 under $1

is there a spec/expectation for sd and es on your 130 6.5cm ammo?

anyone shoot at or near peacemaker that would sell me a box to test?

I load my own 6.5 and therefore have never shot prime. However I’m glad to see prime getting back on there feet. Won’t be able to preorder a case. But I definitely plan on purchasing some when I can.

Jim, so glad to hear the good news about the return of Prime Ammo. I am looking forward to trying some in my new rifle. I am pre-ordered for a case.

.260 Rem is one of my absolute favorites...can't wait to get it back into production...

I’ll buy some when you make it.

Last edited:
Even though it’s a financial stretch, I just placed my order for 1 case of 6.5 creed to support the prime guys (and to apologize for buying some prime branded 45 acp from midsouth -I didn’t know )
-Eric

Just preordered 1000 rounds.

Now show me the SAUM so you can take more of my money!

Sorry if I missed it...when is this expected to ship? Need to order 3 cases for some Veterans we're sponsoring at the GAP Grind this year. Thanks!

Reactions: Precisiondada
Even though it’s a financial stretch, I just placed my order for 1 case of 6.5 creed to support the prime guys (and to apologize for buying some prime branded 45 acp from midsouth -I didn’t know )
-Eric

Eric, thank you VERY much! We sincerely appreciate the support - means a ton to us, it really does!!!

Reactions: Ericbc7
Yeah, I feel your pain. Waiting on a case of ammo from MHS, that got delayed due to the flooding. Arrives on the 28th...I know the gunstore is going to be swamped this weekend. :(
We are working on a CA idea - its pretty bold...would love your input on it...please send me your number via an email to [email protected] and I'll call you to pick your brain.

Reactions: MarinePMI
This is very good news. I’d been having Prime shipped to matches/classes. At home, I reproduced the load with Berger AR Hybrid OTM pills and H4350.

I wonder if I’m now using the same bullets.
We are effectively using something very similar so you don't have to make big changes to your D.O.P.E. As always, shoot out to distance and true up but you wil be very, very close...

We are working on a CA idea - its pretty bold...would love your input on it...please send me your number via an email to [email protected] and I'll call you to pick your brain.

Reactions: beenawhile1
Sorry if I missed it...when is this expected to ship? Need to order 3 cases for some Veterans we're sponsoring at the GAP Grind this year. Thanks!
On or before August 1, and we are tracking to this so far....I'll see you at the Grind this year!

This is great news, glad to see Prime back on their feet.

While I reload my own precision rifle ammo, this is excellent for those non-reloaders amongst us.
Thank you very much! We are super glad to be back...

Jim,
Would love to see you throw together a few hunting rounds for the Creed, 6.5 PRC and 6.5 Gap 4S after you get up and rolling. Would rather buy from you than the big brands!

Order placed.

I'd actually never shot Prime ammo before this debacle, now I'm super pumped waiting for my first shipment. Jim is a top notch guy & I couldn't be happier to help support his comeback. Best of luck to you, sir. Welcome back!

Jim,
Would love to see you throw together a few hunting rounds for the Creed, 6.5 PRC and 6.5 Gap 4S after you get up and rolling. Would rather buy from you than the big brands!

I'd also like to see a hunting load. However, I believe prime's target market is the PRS shooters and they don't necessarily need hunting bullets. For that, I wouldn't mind to purchasing prime ammo if it had BTHP or ELD-M as these two bullets have proven to be effective for hunting, at least from my experience.

Reactions: deersniper
Lost Two cases in recent divorce to the ex. No she doesn’t shoot. Just took them for spite. Just ordered five cases. Thank you Lord. ?
And my wish list includes 77gr 223 and a heavy 6.5 for hunting. Amen

Reactions: winniedonkey
I used the old prime ammo deer hunting year before last and had some interesting results.
The bullets I recovered broke the tip off and didn’t expand noticeably. Are you using the same bullets now? By tip I mean the copper jacket broke off at about the place the lead came to behind the meplat. It happened twice.
Just an observation not a criticism but I am curious about your recommendations regarding hunting applications. To be clear I did not recover anything but the tips and did not experience massive damage.
Thanks.

Any ETA on 77 grain 223 match? I’ll hold off on ordering a couple of cases from another company if yours will be available this summer.