• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

a question for all Diamondback AR-15 owners

Kyle7

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2013
Watertown, SD
Hello all,
just bought a new DB 15 FDE today and I have ran into the first slight inconvenience, my rifle will not hold onto my Magpul PMag. I believe it is a Gen 4 with the window so you can see how many rounds are left. I was just curious if any of you have this problem as well, if it may just be my mag, or whatever else. I thank you for your time!

Hello all,
just bought a new DB 15 FDE today and I have ran into the first slight inconvenience, my rifle will not hold onto my Magpul PMag. I believe it is a Gen 4 with the window so you can see how many rounds are left. I was just curious if any of you have this problem as well, if it may just be my mag, or whatever else. I thank you for your time!

It could be the mag, but 9/10 times, it's an out-of-spec lower. The best way to test it is to put the PMag in question into another AR lower. If it locks in place, it's probably an out of spec lower (or one on the very limits of acceptable tolerances). If the mag doesn't lock into another lower, then it's the mag.

Similarly, check and see if another magazine (preferably another PMag) will fit your lower.

All of that said, are you inserting the mag empty? Or full? If full, make sure that it's not overloaded. Also try inserting it with an open bolt. Try to see if the mag catch is trying to engage at all - you may want to give the mag a "slap" on the bottom after inserting it. This sometimes moves it the last millimeter needed to engage the mag catch.

It actually holds fine today, after breaking the gun down and fiddling with some things it decided to be nice and take the mag. thank you for your tips though :)