• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

a quick way to level/time your R+D Precision and similar brakes with round exteriors

JByrd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
north ga,usa,
not exactly rocket science but it worked well.This afternoon I was mounting a scope I did some tradin for.When I got done I was going to check the timing of the brake and I already had one of the levels sitting on the gun. I was fiddiling around eyeballin the brake so I could snug the crossbolt and call it good. I had the tube out of a level sittin on the table and I put it in the brake port and it worked great to level the brake so I figured id post it up.

the level tube was pillaged from cheap harbor freight string level. the tube sits nicely in the MIL-STD integeral rail on 591's as well

That's cool. Out of curiosity, what torque value do you put on the brake screw? I usually use the short end of an allen and haven't had one loosen, I'm cheap and use the plastic nozzle straw from a spray can but the level has a good multi use. I also thought of once having it fitted, make a witness mark on the barrel bottom for future use.

its going to depend on your barrel threads/brake threads. I snug it till I feel the threads just barely barely begin to contact/drag and then add
10 in/lbs for repeatability on that particular combo,so I cant really give you a spec for your setup. rest assured that's an inch pound ratchet and its on the low end

I thought about using wire tube etc and hanging a string level, but im a lil ocd, i like the solid contact points

Last edited: