• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A small victory today in California

Due to stockpiling due to Covid, 6.5CM was already hard to find. Most places are either out or have raised their prices dramatically.

What's considered a good deal? Cabelas has window Pmags for $17

17-$ seems little high for pmag . , 12 to 15-$ on the high-end seems better, but that for AR mags. . maybe Pmags in the x39 flavor run higher ?

the 762x39 Pmags run like a champ in my 47 . . So i going to get some for the 74 to run . I got some circle10's for the 74 but I cant justify paying what people ask for them now days .

If you have not heard, the motion to stay this decision was DENIED.
That means this isn't over in a weekend. Buy ammo and stack it deep for the foreseeable future.

The AG office is debating whether to continue the appeal or not. I'm guessing not because of the very low chance of success and because their request for the stay was denied (unlike with the magazine ban).

17-$ seems little high for pmag . , 12 to 15-$ on the high-end seems better, but that for AR mags. . maybe Pmags in the x39 flavor run higher ?

the 762x39 Pmags run like a champ in my 47 . . So i going to get some for the 74 to run . I got some circle10's for the 74 but I cant justify paying what people ask for them now days .
The 5.45 Pmags are about $13 each almost everywhere. Surplus or new Bulgarian mags are $50+ now. I have some Bulgarian commercial and they are hit or miss. I haven’t ran the Magpul yet in my 74. The Magpul run fine in my 47 so I’m sure they will work. I wish they would make a Gen 2 mag for the 74 with metal lugs. Plastic is fine for the range I suppose.

Just need to get rid of the anti lead law. Can't imagine shooting solids for plinking. Unless I don't understand the entire legality of it.
Just finished working up lead free loads for 6cm Ruger Precision Rifle and AR with gain twist barrel. Not a bunch of load data out there and the lead free stuff does some very weird stuff. I'm only sending squirrels to meet their maker. but with the cancellation of competitions, it kinda worked out.

And just like that it’s gone.

Attachments

• AB40DA3B-F6DB-4799-A4C3-7C93C16CAF96.jpeg
    AB40DA3B-F6DB-4799-A4C3-7C93C16CAF96.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 93
Right. Now the bigger question is, how is everyone who ordered ammo online going to get their orders fulfilled now.
Well was legal when order was placed. Ex post facto? Most likely refunds will be issued, orders that had shipped already have to land.

Last edited:
Well was legal when order was placed. Ex post facto?

PSA already said for orders placed they’re no longer going to ship to home and are going to redirect them to an ffl. I have some orders already shipped and some still processing so my guess is some vendors will still push through, some may cancel like what happened during the freedom week for mags, and some might do what PSA is and redirect them to an ffl of the recipients choosing.

PSA already said for orders placed they’re no longer going to ship to home and are going to redirect them to an ffl. I have some orders already shipped and some still processing so my guess is some vendors will still push through, some may cancel like what happened during the freedom week for mags, and some might do what PSA is and redirect them to an ffl of the recipients choosing.
Big problem is a lack of mass defiance, by all affected. The people, the dealers, etc. i mean if commifornia and other libtards can defy immigration laws, why cant all of us defy gun control laws? I mean it will never happen, needs to be a concerted effort. Immigration laws are legal, gun control laws are not.

Careful, my uncle was Humboldt County Sheriff. "You inna heap o' trouble boy!"
I had just finished the training to start volunteer SAR with HCSO when my dad got sick and I had to move back to Tulsa to help my mom. They knew my USCG background and wanted me as a regular deputy.

THAT was a long read...

In the end:

”Presently, California and many parks, beaches, and countless non-essential businesses are closed. Courts are limping by while police make arrests for only the more serious crimes. Second Amendment rights are especially important in times like these. vigilant[ence] is necessary in both bad times and good, for if we let these rights lapse in the good times, they might never be recovered in time to resist the next appearance of criminals, terrorists, or tyrants.

Accordingly, the Court enjoins the State of California from enforcing the ammunition sales background check provisions found in California Penal Code...”

I had just finished the training to start volunteer SAR with HCSO when my dad got sick and I had to move back to Tulsa to help my mom. They knew my USCG background and wanted me as a regular deputy.
Well my uncle served 2 terms in late 50's so you're safe! 😅

Most vendors are still shipping our orders that we’re placed in the time frame. Others are redirecting the shipments to the buyers ffl, and some are just issuing refunds.

so far I’ve had a few orders shipped myself, one still pending and a pretty big one just refunded.

The same judge who gave us standard capacity mags last year just put a preliminary injunction on the ammo debacle.

Us in California now do not need to have a background check when buying ammo and can buy ammo online again.

In the next couple weeks, the same judge is also giving his order on our "assault weapons".... And it looks like he'll be freeing us of this rediculousness too.

Cheers

Edit: places like targetsports and Brownells are already updating their website restrictions tonight... And I just talked to Jim at Prime, he's already on it too!
Unfortunately 9:00pm Friday night the California AG filed an appeal the the federal appeals court same district. This was postedonthe Midway website.

Good Afternoon,
Yesterday we were excited about Judge Benitez’s ruling to suspend the unconstitutional, ineffective restrictions on ammunition sales in California. We were so excited, we sent you an email indicating you could once again buy Ammunition from MidwayUSA. Unfortunately, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued an emergency administrative stay on Judge Benitez’s ruling late last night (4/24/2020 at 9:54 PM PDT), forcing us to once again stop selling ammunition to our Customers in California. Let’s hope this stay is just temporary as Californians, like all Americans, deserve full access to their 2nd amendment rights.

So sorry for the inconvenience and thanks so much for your business!
Best regards,
Matt Fleming

President | NRA Benefactor

• Sad
Reactions: SD Carpenter
Not sure I get this?
The 9th circuit court opens up sales and the same court shuts them down a few days later?

I thought that conservitives finnaly had enough people in the 9th to fix this.

I actually had a list of a few things I needed (lead free ammo for carry pistol) and it's already gone. Shit.

9:00pm the same night it was appealed just like the magazine verdict. I don't want to rain on anyones parade but they could try to get something on the ballot in November, they won't let it go.

Not sure I get this?
The 9th circuit court opens up sales and the same court shuts them down a few days later?

I thought that conservitives finnaly had enough people in the 9th to fix this.
Same court, but different judge. I forget how many judges comprise that court, but it still isn't a majority of "conservative minded" judges there. Getting closer though.

Reactions: Snuby642
Good Afternoon,
Yesterday we were excited about Judge Benitez’s ruling to suspend the unconstitutional, ineffective restrictions on ammunition sales in California. We were so excited, we sent you an email indicating you could once again buy Ammunition from MidwayUSA. Unfortunately, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued an emergency administrative stay on Judge Benitez’s ruling late last night (4/24/2020 at 9:54 PM PDT), forcing us to once again stop selling ammunition to our Customers in California. Let’s hope this stay is just temporary as Californians, like all Americans, deserve full access to their 2nd amendment rights.

So sorry for the inconvenience and thanks so much for your business!
Best regards,
Matt Fleming

President | NRA Benefactor
No no one is forcing you, youre just one of the ones allowing rights to be trampled on. Defy, fight, and resist. Or everything is lost.

One of the two judges that granted the state an "emergency" stay was a Trump appointee. Judge Bennett is an anti-gun R from Hawaii. Has Trump appointed any real conservatives?

We were told he did.

Maybe something bigger in play we don't know about yet?

Seems like an insult for people that would support him?

Can't trust anybody evidently.

The judge is a flaming lib and he probably went out to buy his first gun and ammo during the scare and found out the anti gun laws applied to him too😀

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I realize this is a month old thread but I was using the search box and found it. I just want to clarify we (Californians) can still order ONLINE ammo? AND have it shipped to our doors? No more shipping to a FFL? I asked the FFL dealer I'm picking up my 6.5 tikka from two days from now and he said I do have to go thru a FFL. Yet my buddy showed me the article from APR 23, 2020 saying otherwise.

Ammo can ship to an FFL but not to you directly. We got less than 24 hours to order before the 9th circuit placed a stay on the order. I think the stay is for 21 days so we shall see what happens after that.

Reactions: Snuby642
If it doesn't work out maybe you could have the ammo riots.

Seems the way we do buisiness in America these days.

Someone at my work said Newsom was calling for background checks on ammo because of the riots...I guess he forgot there already is one in place. There is little I don't reload for currently. It makes it harder to feed my soviet weapons and 22's now. It's hard to find good quality 22 locally as well as 5.45 x 39...

I need to. My buddy did it but most of the places shipping to him don't stock what I'm after.