• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s A Texas man found a ‘few’ rattlesnakes under his home. snake catchers remove 45.

Betcha a hondo they didn't have many mice round there......

Rattlesnakes den in the winter.... The house should list a bonus "den" on MLS

We were hiking in 1999 near yosemite... I saw an abandoned mine.... My friend mentioned that Rattlesnakes will Den up... That and a little bit of common sense kept me from exploring the old gold mine

Reactions: Spblademaker
Rattlesnakes are critical to the environment but that is a whole lotta nope under the fellows house.

i know snake meat is very delicious but rattle snake.... o_O

Wow. If I lived in a area with rattlers, would have a pack of pitbulls to keep them away.

I wonder why people in snake areas have open crawlspace access?

Should have sent in a mongoose and videoed that.

Reactions: shootist2004
Then again I'm not sure....
There is lots of speculatiin, and a Mamba is supposed to "move" faster than any snake alive.

I know this. I remember watching an old Bill Jordan hunt in South Texas. One of the guys shot a big diamondback with a bow, that was coiled and ready. When the arrow left the bow, that rattler had moved toward the arrow with it's strike at least a foot.
You had to frame by frame it, but the snake actually "caught" the broadhead. Damndest thing I ever saw, and the only reason I believe it....I saw it frame by frame.

Honestly, that may mean nothing when it comes to mongeese? Mongooses? ER....a gaggle of mongoose....es.

• Haha
Reactions: jff_stvns
I wonder why people in snake areas have open crawlspace access?

Should have sent in a mongoose and videoed that.
Fuck Yea unleash the Mongeese ! And I will watch their 6 with the air rifle ! Head shots all day long.

Last edited:
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Mongoose is hell on cobras, in a cage match with any rattler, don't bet on the mongoose.

Cobra strike speed compared to a rattler is like a Corolla racing a Z06.

Supposedly, the Death Adder is the fastest striker. Death Adder

A death adder can go from a strike position, to strike and envenoming their prey, and back to strike position again, in less than 0.15 seconds.

I always thought it was the Gaboon Viper. And this is why I’m not a herpatologist.

Don't know where they rank, but the speed is listed as 175-200 MPH. Rattlesnakes strike up to 28 G's. Pilots are out by 15, IIRC. Wish I could find comparable stats.

When I was eight my parents gave me a book about snakes. I read it until it fell apart. To this day, I am fascinated by them, but prefer to see them at a distance.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Rattlers aren’t just fast they get big too. Here in NC while hunting I saw one in a rock pile with a head the size of a VW bug. Never saw the whole snake but it had to have been 10 feet long!