• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A tip on tips(rant warning)

armorpl8chikn

Colonel Angus
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2010
Face Slapping Distance
I hear it here I hear it there,
I hear it fucking everywhere.
They're selling tips, they're buying tips,
They want advice on trying tips.
They weigh some tips, and even spray some tips.
Lately folks will pray for tips.
Arrows have them it is true, as does my cock where tis a purple hue.
It seems they favor a term more erectile, but the fact remains ITS A FUCKING PROJECTILE!!!

Yep been shopping on GB. "9mm tips 200 147gr"

Some of you guys are guilty too, keep it up and my head will explode....BOOM... cherry pie.

Re: A tip on tips(rant warning)

I've got some pills that I can sell you. They're the best heads out there.

No joke.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is "bullet" acceptable? </div></div>

Bullet and projectile (pro-jo?,) work for me, but I've used 'tip' before.

Chris

Which thread:

broke the camel's back
was the last straw
put you over the edge
slid the cheeze off your cracker
WAS THE TIPPING POINT

Yes bullet is acceptable of course. It being a rant I simply didn't take time to work it into my limerick.

What was my "tipping" point? The couple GB auctions that have bullets listed as tips. I done some research and turns out its just one guy. Did he use the term to increase exposure in searches?.....eh I wouldn't think it would help. I have a hard time accepting people playing with shit,especially shit with this danger capacity, that they have failed to learn the proper or acceptable terminology. Think about it.

There have been a couple references to tips in some posts here in the last few days. I didn't say anything. I have found that a lot of people get pissed off when someone tries to educate them. Usually they insist that their ignorance, is a right.

"Usually they insist that their ignorance, is a right."

Most can't spell nomenclature much less understand it....
It can be frustrating for casual vernacular to be flippant about a serious subject, possibly an early sign of future Darwin Awards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes bullet is acceptable of course. It being a rant I simply didn't take time to work it into my limerick.

What was my "tipping" point? The couple GB auctions that have bullets listed as tips. I done some research and turns out its just one guy. Did he use the term to increase exposure in searches?.....eh I wouldn't think it would help. I have a hard time accepting people playing with shit,especially shit with this danger capacity, that they have failed to learn the proper or acceptable terminology. Think about it.

There have been a couple references to tips in some posts here in the last few days. I didn't say anything. I have found that a lot of people get pissed off when someone tries to educate them. Usually they insist that their ignorance, is a right. </div></div>

I put 1000 .224 bullets up for sale on AR15.com and in the subject header I said "1000 new production bullets'.

A hour later some guy posts in the thread that he'll 'take them' and sends me a PM at the same time.

I go to the PM and he says 'nevermind, I thought they were loaded rounds' that I was selling for $260 shipped.

People with sloppy habits perpetuate things.

He then asked me why I labeled them ".224" when they're meant for a 223 AR-15?

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes bullet is acceptable of course. It being a rant I simply didn't take time to work it into my limerick.

There have been a couple references to tips in some posts here in the last few days. I didn't say anything. I have found that a lot of people get pissed off when someone tries to educate them. Usually they insist that their ignorance, is a right. </div></div>

I put 1000 .224 bullets up for sale on AR15.com and in the subject header I said "1000 new production bullets'.

A hour later some guy posts in the thread that he'll 'take them' and sends me a PM at the same time.

I go to the PM and he says 'nevermind, I thought they were loaded rounds' that I was selling for $260 shipped.

Chris </div></div>

I was discussing a trade with a fellow for some .224 bullets. He made sure to ask me if I knew they were not loaded ammo, as apparently he has been asked if his boolits were loaded rounds several times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes bullet is acceptable of course. It being a rant I simply didn't take time to work it into my limerick.

Chris </div></div>

Well, now that you mention it, this is a great example of where my frustrations started this week.

I placed an auction on GB for 2 different, 500 piece lots, of 45ACP brass 7 days ago. At the time I was also selling some bullets, some loaded ammo(cartridges), and another 250 round lot of brass. I started everything at a penny with no reserve.
My header said "45ACP brass once fired 500 rounds". My description had a very good picture of empty brass and I described it as empty brass. Admittedly I should have said "pieces" instead of "rounds", HOWEVER anyone who reads and looks at pictures before they bid, could not mistakenly bid on the wrong thing.
Sure enough, 3 days in and gooberhead contacts me wanting to retract his bid, says he is new(which he is) and bid before he realized this wasn't reloaded ammo. "Will you please retract/cancel my bid"? I informed him that I can block him as a bidder, or he can win and refuse to pay, either of which is not good. It is not in my power to retract his bid nor will GB even let you. I told him unless he had bid something ridiculous he would probably lose the bid anyway, as it was still early and I knew about what it would go for. I thought about asking him why the hell he would want to buy "reloaded" ammo from some stranger, I doubted that I really wanted an in depth study of this guy's intellect so I left it alone.

In my auctions I had an alarming number of brand new members bidding on my shit. Several had no rating, never bought anything. I know everyone starts somewhere.
Combination of brand new buyers, brand new sellers, and some other "stuff" that has happened this week and I was on edge.

I still hate it when people get the words wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is "bullet" acceptable? </div></div>

No its biiilliiiits. Or booooolliiiits.

And nobody is going to touch anyones tip. Keep yer tips to yerselves!!

And remember boys, flies spread disease, So keep yours closed!!
IDK why I wrote this.

RANT:

Whether from ignorance or immature attempts to be insider cool, our language often gets bastardized into near uselessness.

Powder measures have become "throws", "dumps" or "drops"...barf. Rifles have become "sticks" or "platforms." Bullets become cartridges, or "projos", "tips", "heads" or "boolits" ... gag. Chrongraphs become "cronys', which is a brand name. Predictable chamber pressure increases become "spikes". Revolvers are now "pistols"; revolvers, pistols and rifles are "guns"! Case gages have become "headspace" gages (... so cases must now have headspace?).

"Modern" eddycation is wonderful; a tenth of a grain seems to equal .01 gr. and a thousanth of an inch is .0001" so often no one knows if some guy means what he rites or he even no's what he's righting.

Fuzzball has said it. For years I've been convinced that jargon is what people use to cover up all the things they themselves <span style="font-style: italic">don't</span> really understand.

Jadedly yours,

David

sooooo....is it called a pill because it cures what ails you?

how about missle?

1mis·sile adjective \&#712;mi-s&#601;l, chiefly British -&#716;s&#299;l\
Definition of MISSILE
1: capable of being thrown or projected to strike a distant object
2: adapted for throwing or hurling missiles
Origin of MISSILE
Latin missilis, from mittere to throw, send
First Known Use: 1611
Rhymes with MISSILE
bristle, fissile, gristle, missal, scissile, thistle, whistle
2missilenoun
Definition of MISSILE
: an object (as a weapon) thrown or projected usually so as to strike something at a distance <stones, artillery shells, bullets, and rockets are missiles>: as a : guided missile b : ballistic missile

Hmmmm Lemme try it out:

"Sierra 175gr MatchKing missiles"
"9mm,.355", 124gr FMJ missiles"

......That'll do pig...that'll do.

yep, all those silly jargon words just prove the writer is a tool.

I do frequent the cast boolit website, there it's their convention that their cast lead projectiles are boolits and copper clad factory stuff is bullets. yea it's corny but I bite my tonque in their house.

I used to waste time pointing out (in a smart ass fashion) that they're not tip or heads or pills but now I just ignore them.

I'm with you OP, I'm with you.

yesterday, when midway had 55 gr Z-max limit 2 my wife had to get her own 2 boxes - when she asked what she bought I tried to be precise by calling them projectiles - just got a dumb look

Here you go, first 30 secondsfor germane content:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9pBMT0mmKyw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9pBMT0mmKyw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

........"damn right you would."

Got a buddy that when he finds a good load..... "Unicorn Killer" is the phrase he uses