• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A3 vs T2

jackh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
College Station, TX
cant decide between the two for my 700. which would yall choose and why? im going to be lugging this rifle around hunting some, not on long overnight trips, just out to call coyotes, chase deer etc. so i dont want a 17 lb rifle... any suggestions?

Re: A3 vs T2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 257speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom is a great guy to deal with and his product is great.
</div></div>

Ditto. Tom is one of those rare examples of a guy that is passionate about what he's doing and treats his customers like he would like to be treated.

Ask Tom about the 90% carbon T2. Should be around 2.5 lbs. IIRC. I have one on the way. I've been very happy with my T4.

John

I like the feel of the pistol grip on the T2. They balance really well with a Rem varmit contour. Unless I get a deal on a Mcmillian used I will only run a Manners. Manners called my buddy. Apologized but said the screwed up his order. LOL, they put flush cups in the side. Everything else was as ordered. My buddy said no big deal how much more will it be. No chance freebie. That is CS. A few company like that left. He is one of the tops. Plus half the wait of the Micky.

See if you can find someone local that has one or both. Perception is personal. I like Manners over McMillan because of the way it fits me. That may or may not be the true with you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cant decide between the two for my 700. which would yall choose and why? im going to be lugging this rifle around hunting some, not on long overnight trips, just out to call coyotes, chase deer etc. so i dont want a 17 lb rifle... any suggestions? </div></div>

I have an A3 stock with Edge Fill: my favorite stock for sure and great for hunting. The Edge fill lightened it up by about 11 ounces, so that'll help you when hunting. McMillan has so many stocks it can make your head spin, but the more I have sampled, the more I've decided the A3 is my all-time favorite. I even ordered McM's new A3-Sporter stock. It's Ok, but the original A3 is what I prefer.

Just got my T4 last week with a MCS DBM top quality finish absoluetly nothing bad to say about the stock. Wait was about 12 weeks.

+ 10 on Manners. I had a small issue with the cheek piece on my T2A. Tom e-mailed me a mailing label, I returned the piece and in short order got it back and re-installed.
Time spent waiting was only a matter of days. Didn't cost me a dime. Tom even checked back with me to see if I was happy. Hell, I was ecstatic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are the specs on the stock you ordered and how much did it run if you dont mind me asking? </div></div>

The stock I ordered is pretty basic.
wink.gif
T2A which has the adjustable cheek piece, mini chassis, and just one stud up front for a bipod. About $982+ shipping.