• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC 51T Muzzle Brake, 7.62

FlyShooter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2012
TX
Hello all,

I've been looking for one of these for about two weeks now and can't seem to find one online, at a lgs, or gun shows. I have a 762SDN coming in soon and I picked up a Rem 700 that I'm setting up for it. Thanks for any help, I've gotten some great ideas and advice from this site already.

Re: AAC 51T Muzzle Brake, 7.62

I just recently purchased the Breakout from Midway for my 260. The breakout is the combo break and flash hider. It's also cheaper.

Just checked and the brake is BO.

Same boat. Was going to get my FN threaded, but can't find a brake Comp.

I've went straight to AAC the past few times for muzzle devices and all were in stock and shipped within a couple days of the order going thru online..

Try a google search and see who pops up. Might give them a call.

Try Bullseye range in Lawrenceville Ga. Give them a call, they are a stocking dealer of AAC.

Thanks guys,

I have a Breakout on my SBR AR, just want a brake for my bolt gun.

I can't order it from AACs online store, it doesn't let me add one so I'm assuming it is out of stock. I think I might have found one so if that doesn't work out then I'll try Bullseye range. Thanks again for the help.

Try Rangerwalker71, here on the hide.

How much are you guys paying for the brakes? Same situation here, SDN6 came in and I ordered one from my FFL. The smith who installed it charged $200 a piece. For two: OBR and 6.8 PSD, I dropped $400. Seemed excessive; should have checked prices before ordering. For those using the Brakeout, do you still hear that annoying ping? It's the reason I went with the brakes.

I paid less than $150 for the brakes and about $90 for my flash hiders.

If you bought it through the smith AND he installed it then the 200$ may be right. Seems a bit high but I do not know what else he had to do. I get mine from AAC, and no ping sound. I use 30 caliber for all calibers from 5.56 up the line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chalwie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much are you guys paying for the brakes? Same situation here, SDN6 came in and I ordered one from my FFL. The smith who installed it charged $200 a piece. For two: OBR and 6.8 PSD, I dropped $400. Seemed excessive; should have checked prices before ordering. For those using the Brakeout, do you still hear that annoying ping? It's the reason I went with the brakes. </div></div>

Hogrider just mentioned it and I will second it... No ping with the brakeout! I had some of the flash hiders and the ping was horrible. Switched to the brakeout on .308 and 5.56 and there is no ping whatsoever. I an gonna try shooting it at night soon to see if there is good flash reduction. I was shocked to see that the flash hider actualy did reduce flash compared to an identical rifle without it.

Contact Scott @ silenced amercia,I got mine from him a a very good price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chalwie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For those using the Brakeout, do you still hear that annoying ping? It's the reason I went with the brakes. </div></div>

From what i've heard the ping is an issue with the "Blackout" mount. The Blackout has really long prongs that vibrate like a tunning fork causing the ping.

The Breakout has much shorter forks that work as a flash hider. These forks are so heavy duty I doubt you could get enough vibration to be an issue.

I've been searching for them for the past 2 months...no luck