• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AAC 762-SDN-6 Pin & Weld

5 inches. When I did the ecco conversion it ended up longer and heavier than the original. It's good to be back to what the mini was.

• Love
Reactions: Docsherm
My plan is to put the 51T STAMP on and just leave it be since I've been using the SDN-6 as my go to semi auto can and all of my uppers/rifles are already wearing 51T brakes or flash hiders. I have other direct thread cans for bolt guns, so I'll get the new Ranger 7/SDN-6 setup for 51T and leave it on in hopes of not having to deal with different Bravo/universal hub mounts getting locked in the can or locked out and unable to mount them again.

Having said that, I'm sure I'll buy another upper eventually that comes with a different mount already in place and I'll end up with a Bravo mount for it. My SDN-6 got to AAC last Friday so I'm hoping to have it back by late-Aug or early-Sep :)
My SDN-6 to Ranger 7 can came back a couple days ago and I'm digging it. They asked if I wanted any mounts when I called to pay and I said no as I have a few Bravo/universal hub mounts already, so I assumed it would be coming back without any, but it showed up with a direct thread 5/8x24 mount, so that's cool.

I put the 51T STAMP I already had on hand in it and while it was super tight on the 51T FH on my go-to Colt 6945 upper, that thing has a ton of rounds and built-up carbon on it. Looking forward to putting some rounds downrange in the next week or so on the ~5 rifles I had zeroed with it to see if the backpressure really is less than the SDN-6.

Last edited:
Finally got some free time to get a few rifles out to confirm zeroes with the new SDN-6/Ranger 7 can. I ran a factory 10.3” Colt 6945, 18” DD, and a 16” PSA KS-47, all with old AAC 51T FHs pinned and welded in place.

Even with the 51T STAMP in the back end of the can it’s an inch shorter than the old SDN-6 and the weight savings are noticeable. While there weren’t any major shifts in the zeroes, they all had to come down ~1” which makes sense as this can is probably not flexing the barrel down as much as the old SDN-6.

The real treat was the drastic reduction in blowback. Even on the 10.3” 6945 the rounds in the mag were nowhere as nasty as they’d be when shooting with the SDN-6.

I’m happy with the upgrade and think it was worth $700.

Does anyone know what the actual weight and length difference is after having this done to a sdn6? Thanks for any info, this looks like a great option

Does anyone know what the actual weight and length difference is after having this done to a sdn6? Thanks for any info, this looks like a great option
21oz to 17oz. 8" to 6.5"

They are doing mini 4 retro mods now. I just sent in my mini 4 (a week and a half turnaround) and they modded it to 5 baffles vs 4, which is shorter, and weighs less. I will let you all know how it sounds but I am super psyched about this one. This is a can I use all the time and beat the hell out of.

6rKgnNgl.jpg

e41PrbHl.jpg
whats the length on that mini4? and how did it end up sounding for you.

Last edited:
whats the length on that mini4? and how did it end up sounding for you.
On my Mini4 they gave me an option to add an additional baffle. So it is 5 baffles vs 4 and 10oz and 5" long without a mount. With a Plan B its 12oz and 5.4" long. Sounds better than my OG MIni4 but it's still a K can. I have only shot it once outdoors without ear pro and it's tolerable but not like running a full-size can with 556.