• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Cyclone-K?

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
I'm seriously thinking of committing to the Cyclone-K as my first suppressor. Intended use is on a 260 Rem with possible use on a 223 bolt gun as well.

I've done a fair bit of reading here & elsewhere on the interwebs about AAC's various 7.62 offerings but I'm drawn toward the Cyclone-K due to its combination of shorter length, lighter weight and price point.

Just curious how many folks are using the Cyclone-K and how everyone likes it.

Re: AAC Cyclone-K?

I have had a Cyclone K for 3 years on a .308 bolt gun. I couldn't be happier with it. I was split between this and the Surefire. 3 years ago there weren't as many options as there are now. I liked the fact this suppressor was stainless, almost as light as some of the titanium cans, and at the time half the cost. My impact is consistent and I can't tell a difference between mine and any other .308 can during matches regarding the sound.

I know its a long drive to Houston, MO but if you make the trip you can shoot mine and several others at one of our matches.

For only 3/4 of an inch and 4 ounces difference I opted for the better sound suppression of the regular Cyclone. If its for a bolt gun like mine was, length and weight really wasn't a concern as I shoot mostly prone anyway. I do have an 762SDN-6 on order for my semi-auto platforms. My .02...

I've always wondered if anyone can actually hear the difference? I shoot with a bunch of guys shooting a bunch of different cans, and not once has anyone from Form 1's to the best and most expensive said "Hey that's sounds like your can is 2 decibels quieter!!!".

Maybe it's just me.

I have both the Cyclone and Cyclone K.... There is going to be a difference on a 260 in sound suppression. The K is going to have a significant crack to it with one less baffle on that smaller projectile.

For what its worth, Id go Cyclone for your first can.... get all you can for your money.