• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AADMOUNT Flip Up Scope Caps

AADMOUNT makes the best caps I've found so far. Currently own three sets. Ordering AADMOUNT caps is straightforward, and all three of my orders shipped and arrived within weeks (even the caps that were marked "back ordered" on the website). Particularly for small operations, it is better that they allocate their capacity to getting product made, and orders filled and out the door, rather than incurring the (unnecessary) costs of staffing a phone and an inbox (to make customers feel like they are getting their asses tickled).

2.jpg

1.jpg

I ordered a pair for a Nightforce NX8 on April 24 .... received them on May 25. 1 month +1 day.

I love the caps but I HATE the wait.

Jon sometimes takes a while to respond, other times he does immediately. He has a lot of people contacting him.

Take my word for it: He makes THE best scope caps. Period. End of story.

I hear his scope mount is outstanding too, but I do not own one personally. I can vouch for the scope caps. Outstanding

Just got my caps in the other day. Around 3.5 weeks to get them IIRC. Steiner 4-16x50 Military if it matters. Seemed sorta typical for such products, didn't bug me.

But I ordered entirely based on your glowing reviews and my handyness if they didn't work. Pretty unilluminating website, and I asked several times in email for a compatibility question: crickets. Specifically, was if the "generic" Tenebraex killflash for the 50 mm objective will fit. It does. Almost perfectly, if anyone else needs it, but I had to guess.

So, I hate calling and talking to people, prefer email, but if you say calling is the way then fine. Don't put up your email, then not answer it simply ever.

Just got my caps in the other day. Around 3.5 weeks to get them IIRC. Steiner 4-16x50 Military if it matters. Seemed sorta typical for such products, didn't bug me.

But I ordered entirely based on your glowing reviews and my handyness if they didn't work. Pretty unilluminating website, and I asked several times in email for a compatibility question: crickets. Specifically, was if the "generic" Tenebraex killflash for the 50 mm objective will fit. It does. Almost perfectly, if anyone else needs it, but I had to guess.

So, I hate calling and talking to people, prefer email, but if you say calling is the way then fine. Don't put up your email, then not answer it simply ever.
Does anyone know with model would fit the new kahles 3-18x50?
Would the 3–12x50 work ? Would love to try these. Always have had tenebrex just want to try the aad.
Thanks

Got a shipping notice today, which means tomorrow, so 27 days from my order to shipping.

Ordered 3 sets of Caps. MARK the time (11:45 am 5-12-18) for those who are curious on lead time. I will post back when they are received. Just a FYI.

So I just received the three sets of caps I ordered back on May 12 of this year. So lead time on these is about 40 days, or at least it was in my case. Haven't tried them out for fitment, but look like they are very well made, as they should be for the price point.

Also, if it matters these were for a Sig Tango 6, a NF 2-10 and a USO SR8C so three sets in all so this may have added some time to it and none of these are super common scopes where he would keep a few sets in inventory.

He makes an excellent scope cap and cat tail just hope he has cleared up the 25 dollars shipping fee. Currently waiting on my new Kahles 3-18 would love to put a set of these caps on her.

You guys will likely think I'm nuts, but I actually think I prefer the Vortex covers. Not only are they a lot cheaper, but they are very high quality, and quieter to open quickly as well. They do look a little less polished, with the rubber gasket around the scope, but the plastic is high quality, and the rubber seems to be holding up very well.

Reactions: Pomyluy
I have email him 6 times and no response!!! Can anybody help to get a hold of this guy.

I don’t know why you all keep trying to send him emails and expect a response and whine when you don’t get one. I would rather him spend his time making scope caps than reading your emails.

I don’t know why you all keep trying to send him emails and expect a response and whine when you don’t get one. I would rather him spend his time making scope caps than reading your emails.
How the fuck is he going to make scope caps for custom scopes if he doesn’t answer email?

Reactions: shoobe01
He makes a great product, CHILL OUT. I took the same position you are right now, I over reacted and thought WTF. Then when it arrived, I realized it was worth the wait.

Ordered multiple out of stock items from him late last week. Just got the shipping notification this morning. Can't do better than that. On a side note my new Minox came with Tenebrex caps. First time I had used those. Couldn't stand them- first order of business was getting the aadmount caps and throw lever for the scope. Once you start using his- you wont want any others.

Ordered multiple out of stock items from him late last week. Just got the shipping notification this morning. Can't do better than that.
This was my experience also.
I ordered Friday and had my shipping notice this morning.
Razor gen II 3-18x cap set.

Emailed Jon on 8/12 about a sunshade and caps and got a reply today. Look like my credit card is gonna take another hit.

To circle back: purchased “backordered” caps on Thursday evening and had them in my mailboxes at noon today. I couldn’t want or expect faster service and delivery.

I've emailed twice and I live 30 min away from him. No response. I am interested in caps for a S&B 5-25 PMII and a throw lever...

I've got a lever for you for a lot less :)

None of my business for the most part, but isn't it a little impolite to push your stuff on a thread dedicated to your competitor?

Everyone is different of course, but I sorta value civility. I've never seen your products and this pretty much makes sure that I will never touch them with a ten foot pole.

Now, I am just one guy and it won't make any practical difference to you, I am sure, so whatever works for you.

We have people from different companies here, but I do not think I have ever seen someone from Vortex go into a thread about S&B and say: "buy mine, it's cheaper". That would be just rude.

ILya

Reactions: EDDK9 and canezach
Ordered from him today.

Little disappointed that shipping is $25.xx

When he's ready to ship, he'll refund you the difference between what you paid and the actual shipping costs. He told me that his software doesn't have the means to calculate the actual shipping fees.

Reactions: texag0842
Ordered 8/13, received shipping notice yesterday afternoon. Delivery scheduled for 9/13. I emailed Jon once to confirm that I ordered the correct caps for my Kahles 525. He responded within 1 hour.

I ordered two more sets a couple of weeks ago. I wanted sets for my Minox and S&B. I ordered in August 6. They shipped August 12. I even cracked the objective cap on my Minox (my fault, since I forgot Minox has a tenabraex adapter) and Jon shipped out the replacement in less than a week

Edit: For those of you wondering, nothing is "In Stock" on the website, that I'm aware of, or at least nothing I looked at was in stock. The "In Stock" doesn't mean anything, since all his caps are made to order. Place your order, he makes them, and they're shipped out to you. He also offers a LEO/Mil discount, which is always appreciated.

Last edited:
None of my business for the most part, but isn't it a little impolite to push your stuff on a thread dedicated to your competitor?

Everyone is different of course, but I sorta value civility. I've never seen your products and this pretty much makes sure that I will never touch them with a ten foot pole.

Now, I am just one guy and it won't make any practical difference to you, I am sure, so whatever works for you.

We have people from different companies here, but I do not think I have ever seen someone from Vortex go into a thread about S&B and say: "buy mine, it's cheaper". That would be just rude.

ILya

You're right. Deleting now.

Reactions: K.B.808
I placed an order with AADMount for scope caps for Vortex PST gen II on Oct 18, they were back ordered. I received noticed they shipped today for a total of 17 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: K.B.808
I've sent numerous emails and watched tentatively for a set of flipup caps and a throw lever for my S&B PMII. No responses and always back ordered..

If you order them, they will then be made and shipped to you. You’ll probably have them in a couple weeks.

If you order them, they will then be made and shipped to you. You’ll probably have them in a couple weeks.

I'm sure it depends on how busy they are but they shipped mine out within a week. I got them quicker than if I'd ordered something from Midway USA with "free shipping"

Back ordered, just order them, their worth the $ and the short wait.

Picked up a set for my USO B-10, great flip up caps.. solid feel and look awesome.. it took a week and a half and I had them in my hands.. gonna order a set for my USO MR-10 next...

How do these compare to Trenabreax caps? My biggest gripe with the trenabreax is they are a pain if I need to take a sunshade off or move the cap around on the diopter of my PM2.

Never used the Tenebraex but:
1) They are FIRMLY on there. Do not come off
2) But the attachment is via screw tension. Get the wrench off, remove it, easily.
3) On all my scopes, the diopter adjustment is proud, or I added a wrap of tape to make it so. Tighten the cap to that, then if the cap is straight up, it's my baseline eyesight. I can twist to there from bag bumps, or adjust by turning the cap to try to compensate for worse-than-normal-eyesight days.

But no, they do NOT just pop off.

Never used the Tenebraex but:
1) They are FIRMLY on there. Do not come off
2) But the attachment is via screw tension. Get the wrench off, remove it, easily.
3) On all my scopes, the diopter adjustment is proud, or I added a wrap of tape to make it so. Tighten the cap to that, then if the cap is straight up, it's my baseline eyesight. I can twist to there from bag bumps, or adjust by turning the cap to try to compensate for worse-than-normal-eyesight days.

But no, they do NOT just pop off.
I do like the idea of being able to remove or replace with a simple wrench vs the trenabreax caps where I have to almost manhandle them off. As to diopter I know the Schmidt have the little dot machined into the cylinder so that helps then I'd just use the cap as a main reference. For me right now that reference is the cap touching the upper receiver at the 4:30 -5 relative to me.

I'll be getting an order in. Thanks!

Is this guy still in business? I be been reaching out for 3 sets of custom caps and can’t an email response. I don’t mind waiting. I just want to get them ordered

Is this guy still in business? I be been reaching out for 3 sets of custom caps and can’t an email response. I don’t mind waiting. I just want to get them ordered

He pretty much builds to order. I just placed an order the other day. Scuttlebutt is that he'll ship "in about 2 weeks". My experience has been that he usually ships in less time, perhaps a week or so. AFAIK, he's very much in business. He's never been great about communication, but he also works a day job.

I understand that it's frustrating not getting responses. I've bought enough from him in the past that I'm confident in him and from my perspective, his products are damn near perfect. I just place my order, kind of forget about it and viola, two or so weeks later, I get a nice package in the mail from him. When you receive your first set of caps, you'll be very, very impressed.

The problem is the caps I need aren't listed on his page. So I can't order the without telling him directly which scope they are for, and the dimensions of the eyepiece and objective. I need to get him this info and pay him. Whats the best way to go about it?

The problem is the caps I need aren't listed on his page. So I can't order the without telling him directly which scope they are for, and the dimensions of the eyepiece and objective. I need to get him this info and pay him. Whats the best way to go about it?

I haven't been down that road with him, so I can't say I'm an expert in that realm of things. Maybe you've already done it, but I'd suggest you put all the details in an e-mail, send it to him and wait for response. Being practical, if you don't receeive a response, I suppose you'll just have to move on and find another manufacturer.

Granted, I get it that it's not a great business model, but it is what it is.

Can you compare the OD or your scope's ocular and objective bells and cross it over to another set of caps that he has ? I do know that he sells oculars and objectives separately, so you may have to buy one cap that "is for XYZ scope" and the second cap "is for ZYX scope".

yeah I have: my three Leupy VX5HDs have the following dimensions:

Objective: 2.09
Eyepiece: 1.8

He makes a set for the Mark 6. Which has the following dimensions:

Objective: 2.10
Eyepiece: 1.7

Its close. But I don't know if the AADMount caps have any flex to them like the Butlers. I could try heating them up with a heat gun to get them on, but I worry that they won't close properly if I stretch them that much.

Yup. Ordered several times. Successfully.

But anything else, like asking a question, saying I want a different size, explaining how many others might buy that size? Crickets. Never any response. Too bad but I have no idea what to do about it.