• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AADMOUNT was loose, figured it out

svxwilson

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    Montana
    Hello Everyone!

The other day I transported all my gear in the bed of my truck. I am assuming something got rattled loose. When we went to shoot my JP PSC-12 that has the AADMOUNT 1 piece scope mount and a Vortex PST 6-24 attached I couldn't hit a damn thing. Which is extremely uncharacteristic of that setup. Had the same scope and mount for 4 years on that setup with no problems.

Upon inspection it appears the AADMOUNT has become loose. However it isn't the rings screws or the rail screws. So I am unsure of what else it could be. But it definitely wiggles the scope when you apply pressure.

Before I take ot apart I figured I would ask you guys if you have experienced anything similar?

Thanks for your time,
    Aaron

Well, if it isn’t either the ring screws or the rail screws, how exactly is it loose? In what way is it loose? What wiggles or moves?

@lash the scope can move vertical and horizontally, it looks like the mount is also moving with it and the scope is not moving by itself inside the rings. All the screws are tighten to spec with my FAT wrench (double checked today) and I also checked it at the range yesterday by hand with a torques bit and screwdriver.
    Probably just going to disassemble it and reinstall it and see if that helps at all.

I'm a little confused. The Aadmount is loose on your JP rifle, but what rifle combination did you use for 4 years without issue?

I had an aadmount approximately 9 years ago. Mine wouldn't tighten on one rifle. The rifle had a slightly undersized picatinny rail. Jon Aadland had a modification that would fix it.

I'm not sure if that is your issue, but that is my experience. I would try to contact Aadland Engineering.

Reactions: lash
    I'm a little confused. The Aadmount is loose on your JP rifle, but what rifle combination did you use for 4 years without issue?

I had an aadmount approximately 9 years ago. Mine wouldn't tighten on one rifle. The rifle had a slightly undersized picatinny rail. Jon Aadland had a modification that would fix it.

I'm not sure if that is your issue, but that is my experience. I would try to contact Aadland Engineering.
    @R.O.U.S.
    It has always been on the same JP rifle since I purchased it, that combo has consistently produced sub-moa results every time I have shot it before yesterday. I will reach out to Aadland if I don't get anybody who has experienced this same problem.

If your mount screws are tightened to spec and the whole mount is still moving, it absolutely has to be a problem with the Picitinny rail to mount fit.

Figured it out, feeling stupid for the way I packed....

One of the rails must have got damaged slighly on the upper. I can't see any damage but it has to be there. One rail forward and one backward from the original position Aadmount and PST scope would lock up like it's intended, but in the same spot it has been for years it has wiggle.

Ended up putting a different scope and QD mount on it and it locks up in the same old spot thankfully.

Moral of story, I need to get a couple pelican or similar cases for my better rifles and scopes while traveling.

Reactions: lash
    I’m glad that you got it figured. Hey, we’ve all been there with issues that have us stumped. You worked through it okay. A $200 pelican is worth it to protect a few thousand $$ worth of rifle and scope, the way I see it. And I’m a cheap ass mfer. 👍🏻