• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mauser es340b questions and parts sought

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
just got one of these at a local show. single shot,groved rec,lt side gas port. the front sling swivel stud which goes into the barrel had me stopped. finally got it loose with A LOT of torque. a surprise as i had no idea of the setup. would like to replace it with another of same. i bet way LOL on that. anybody know of scource? have looked about everywhere. thinking about removing it as i might shoot better with less hard contact of barrel and channel. anybody know from shooting one? torque on action screws? i am stating with 25" lbs. it is factory pillar bedded,so can increase a bit. who would have thought that on a 80+ yo rimfire rifle? my serial # is 17xxxx. so,am thinking later production. 1937? all i found on searching docs on line were 14xxxx #s. thinking on removing rear sight to aid in lower scope mounting. not sure how. have looked on line and will look again,but looks permanently attached. can/will do pics if wanted once cleanup is finished.