• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB Library Update 951 (Barnes, Berger, Black Jack, & Nosler Additions)

DocUSMCRetired

Applied Ballistics
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Texas
www.appliedballisticsllc.com
We pushed Library Update 951 this weekend which includes the new Berger Long Range Hybrid Target, Black Jack 0.257 ACE, Barnes Match Burners, Nosler RDFs and some PDMs. You can see a complete list in the image below. All of the testing was performed using our RADAR system into subsonic ranges.

BLUpdate-June.jpg

Users should have already received this message on your AB Connect compatible apps and be able to use the at this time:

Screenshot-20200607-122951-Ballistics.jpg

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Thanks Doc. Quick question for you. Cutting Edge Laser, .264, 125gr. listed here https://cuttingedgebullets.com/264-6-5mm-125gr-lazer-tipped-hollow-point-50ct

The AB library has a 124gr listed. Is this a typo or an old custom drag model for a bullet that was replaced with a 125gr?

If the latter, I'd like to drop a request in for the 125gr. Doing a hunting load now for a 6.5PRC running these bullets and not sure if I should run the 124gr custom drag model, or input it manually with CE data. Thanks.

Any idea when that will be out?

All I can say is that it is in the que.

Thanks Doc. Quick question for you. Cutting Edge Laser, .264, 125gr. listed here https://cuttingedgebullets.com/264-6-5mm-125gr-lazer-tipped-hollow-point-50ct

The AB library has a 124gr listed. Is this a typo or an old custom drag model for a bullet that was replaced with a 125gr?

If the latter, I'd like to drop a request in for the 125gr. Doing a hunting load now for a 6.5PRC running these bullets and not sure if I should run the 124gr custom drag model, or input it manually with CE data. Thanks.

Looking into the details of this, and the test data.

Thanks Doc. If it helps, the CE website says G7 Ballistic Coefficient .243 (A.B.) which looks like your data, but if I select the G7 on my Kestrel, it says its G7 .273. Strange it's such a big difference.

Thanks Doc. If it helps, the CE website says G7 Ballistic Coefficient .243 (A.B.) which looks like your data, but if I select the G7 on my Kestrel, it says its G7 .273. Strange it's such a big difference.

I double checked, it is a simple typo on the bullet weight. However the BC was generated just this January via our RADAR system. So that is the latest data and it checks out.

Reactions: Yerman
I was hoping the 6.5 Sierra 130 SMKs bthp were in the update. Thanks for pushing these updates. I use the CMDs for every bullet I have that you profile.

Reactions: padom
In AB I am unclear as to how to adjust for the impact of temp on powder. I have a good list of different powders and their relative burn rates, but don’t know how to translate that to the input for the app?

Appreciate the guidenance.

You need to gather velocity data at multiple temps.

2800 at 80 degrees
2810 at 90 degrees

thats a 1 fps/degree

thats exageratted for the sake of the example.

Reactions: jdnoble
I was hoping the 6.5 Sierra 130 SMKs bthp were in the update. Thanks for pushing these updates. I use the CMDs for every bullet I have that you profile.
Any news on the Berger 7mm LRHT CDM?

These are in our que to be tested. Testing priority is done based on the number of user requests per each specific bullet.

Reactions: jmikell870
Testing priority is done based on the number of user requests per each specific bullet.

Hey Doc, what method do you prefer for us to send in requests? I'm sure it's cumbersome to dig through emails and posts here on Snipershide. Just curious what method you prefer so we can send in requests without it being a pain to manage.

While I'm at it, I'd like to request the Badlands Precision ELR solids. Speicifically, the 338 260gr, and 375 400gr options here https://badlandsprecision.com/product/e-l-r/

As there ever been a true radar tracking for projectiles that leaves the barrel subsonic.
IE: I do a lot of 300-400yrds shooting 308/300blk/22lr subsonic because there isn’t a whole lot of ELR places nearby. So I know that AB has supersonic to transonic radar tracking but I was wondering if there was actual radar curves for say when a Berger 175 OTM TAC leaves the barrel at 1020-1040FPS and I wonder if the bullet behaves differently at distance than when it goes from transonic to sub due to the angle of attack if it make sense?

As there ever been a true radar tracking for projectiles that leaves the barrel subsonic.
IE: I do a lot of 300-400yrds shooting 308/300blk/22lr subsonic because there isn’t a whole lot of ELR places nearby. So I know that AB has supersonic to transonic radar tracking but I was wondering if there was actual radar curves for say when a Berger 175 OTM TAC leaves the barrel at 1020-1040FPS and I wonder if the bullet behaves differently at distance than when it goes from transonic to sub due to the angle of attack if it make sense?
You should listen to the podcast with Applied ballistics recently that discusses the speed vs BC dynamic of subsonics.