• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Abel Company - Theorem Titanium Supressor!

Did you guys play with vented vs non vented?
Didn’t get time at the class. All the video is standard 30 cal exit caps. I got hung up with meetings and didn’t get to the range until later in the afternoon

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Heading back from Can Con in Phoenix. Great event and our booth was right next to @TBACRAY. Was great to finally meet the guys at Thunder Beast, a company that we’ve always looked up to.

Before the gates opened:
E4B46445-9076-4CFA-86AD-9A7F09ECBE58.jpeg

618C974C-05A7-4F2C-8DBC-FA43385B6246.jpeg

After opening, we had a constant onslaught. Between Abel and TBAC, we had the quietest booths at the event.

2F919A6A-D45E-4A1D-9A0A-98446B3EA305.jpeg

Interesting, never heard of the event Cancon, and I'm just down the road in Tucson.

May have to check it out next year.

This was the second event they have hosted. The next one is in Georgia in the fall. They haven’t officially announced it but sounds like they will do it again next year at Ben Avery

Reactions: kthomas
Updated the original post with PewSciences review of the theorem-L.

Great shooter ear suppression rating with lower back pressure than other cans of its size.

@hic28

I want to re-up this thread to talk about the vented end caps.

Do you see a marked reduction in recoil with the vented end caps for bolt action applications? Say if someone was to purchase a Theorem-L for use on a magnum, like a .300NM, would you recommend the regular or vented end cap?

Or are the vented end caps designed more for reducing back pressure in ar15 type platforms?

I will tell you that it’s light and it works incredibly well.

In the case of my LMT MWS vented end caps reduce the amount of pressure to the point where the gun does not get as filthy as it would otherwise.

It’s a significant difference.

I use a TBAC 338SR on my 300 win mag, because it’s so incredibly effective.

The thorium L is pretty darn close to that monster 338 can…

I will tell you that it’s light and it works incredibly well.

In the case of my LMT MWS vented end caps reduce the amount of pressure to the point where the gun does not get as filthy as it would otherwise.

It’s a significant difference.

Are use a TBAC 338SR on my 300 win mag, because it’s so incredibly effective.

The thorium L is pretty darn close to that monster 338 can…

I think the Theorem-L is my next can. I need a large volume can for my .338NM, and I've been incredibly pleased with the quality of my Abel Biscuit and the CS from Abel.

The vented end cap piques my interest. What's the recoil impulse like on your .300WM with the Theorem-L and vented end cap?

Everyone who has shot the vented vs closed has commented on the difference but I don’t have actually reduction numbers. It is significantly noticeable though.

Do you and Jorge use the vented end cap when shooting comps like the NF ELR match with your .300NM's?

@hic28

I want to re-up this thread to talk about the vented end caps.

Do you see a marked reduction in recoil with the vented end caps for bolt action applications? Say if someone was to purchase a Theorem-L for use on a magnum, like a .300NM, would you recommend the regular or vented end cap?

Or are the vented end caps designed more for reducing back pressure in ar15 type platforms?
Everyone who has shot the vented vs closed has commented on the difference but I don’t have actually reduction numbers. It is significantly noticeable though.

As for reducing back pressure, that was the main reason for the design on large frame gas guns and its incredibly effective there.

Do you and Jorge use the vented end cap when shooting comps like the NF ELR match with your .300NM's?
Since the ELR is 100% prone with heavy guns I opted for closed exit cap for lower db even though the vented is only 2-3db louder.

I think the Theorem-L is my next can. I need a large volume can for my .338NM, and I've been incredibly pleased with the quality of my Abel Biscuit and the CS from Abel.

The vented end cap piques my interest. What's the recoil impulse like on your .300WM with the Theorem-L and vented end cap?
Basically the same as the 338 SR…. It’s very nice and a much smaller can.