• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Absolutely mystified at how to use this optic

Ok, now you guys can beat me up. I finally got the parts with the holiday sales for another build. A budget build.

I also needed another optic so I got a Swampfox (covers head) Arrowhead 1-8, put it on my Aero build and put the Bushnell on the new one. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get them both sighted in.

All that aside for a second, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this question:

What is this on the bottom of these LPVOs?
View attachment 8297469

My guess is that it has something to do with sealing up the internal environment of the piece, but I have certainly guessed wrong before.
Thanks.
Is the nitrogen port, don't mess with it.

Reactions: Zap_Rowsdower
My understanding is that is where the gas (argon or whatever they use) goes in to purge the system then it keeps the gas in. Do I think your guess is essentially correct. And has been said don’t dick around with it and have the gas escape.

Ok, now you guys can beat me up. I finally got the parts with the holiday sales for another build. A budget build.

I also needed another optic so I got a Swampfox (covers head) Arrowhead 1-8, put it on my Aero build and put the Bushnell on the new one. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get them both sighted in.

All that aside for a second, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this question:

View attachment 8297469

My guess is that it has something to do with sealing up the internal environment of the piece, but I have certainly guessed wrong before.
Thanks.
Don't touch that. There is usually a spring there that pushes on the erector tube against the turrets. If you mess it up, the scope will not hold zero and not adjust properly.

ILya

View attachment 8297469

Thanks.
There is a spring under that.
See the red spring? Different model but a similar idea. 😀

B78B46FB-CDDF-4FEA-BF07-D030674B426C.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 8297469

Thanks.
Pretty sure it’s the “seat” for the spring that keeps the reticle cell in contact with the adjustment pads.

Thanks again for the replies. I had no inclination to do anything with it, especially without knowing for certain what it is and no reference to it in the manuals. I was just curious and would consider it an unacceptable gap in my knowledge to have it remain forever a mystery to me. :unsure:

Reactions: Makinchips208