• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International ASR Limited Edition Release for SHOT

Dude, I couldn’t really tell a difference. Only because In order for me to catch that, I would have to be in the prone, bipod with a rear bag. Then I can actually give back a better feedback. Cycling it at port arms isn’t the cleanest lol.

The safety is a sweet design too like in the AX50. They also used the exhaust port on the action and I believe the bolt as well. The new butt stock with those levers kick ass.

I will say, the skins not being there, for those that like to have the thumb over grip, feels so much better. It rests better, than twisting your wrist to kick it out some. I don’t think you’ll need to add an MPA/ ACC grip on here.

From what I can tell, the whole grip is rotated 10 degrees backwards compared to a standard AR-15 grip tang. So the MDT or MPA grips will be less than vertical...not really gonna work well haha. But that makes sense with the chassis being the same width as the grip that it feels more comfortable. Like you said, that's one of the gripes of the current AI skins, they're very wide for a thumb on the side hand position.

This photo has everything going for it.... New AX, New TB bipod... and then... splat.. a Leupold had to be bolted on to the rifle.:p

Curious how that safety works. Assuming its easier than it looks to manipulate. Bolt handle seems to be right over the thing.

Ditto ... put some quality glass on that baby where the turret work.

@Zak Smith - TBAC ASR suppressor available separate from the ASR limited edition (similar to the PSR and TiTan QD) or does it come with?
The suppressor and brake are the exact same as the 338 ULTRA SR that I posted here last week and we have to look at, at booth 10075. We have a moderate number of these suppressors available to immediately Form 3 (shutdown permitting), and after that they will be available subject to whatever the contemporary backlog is.

I "RO'd" one of the full ASR guns at the ATAC range day yesterday and got to shoot it quite a bit (with 338 Norma bbl). It is a very good rifle. The rifle had been zeroed without the can but we screwed it on and elevation was spot on out to about 1200 M.

ETA: The gun I was on had the Leupold Mk5. It's not my preference as I prefer the generous eyebox of the PMII's, however, this scope worked well and dials were on. It needs a "you're on the second turn" indicator however.

ETA2: I believe the AI literature says the deployment kit does not come with the suppressor (I assume because it would significantly complicate paperwork). We have them available per my above comments.

The suppressor and brake are the exact same as the 338 ULTRA SR that I posted here last week and we have to look at, at booth 10075. We have a moderate number of these suppressors available to immediately Form 3 (shutdown permitting), and after that they will be available subject to whatever the contemporary backlog is.

I "RO'd" one of the full ASR guns at the ATAC range day yesterday and got to shoot it quite a bit (with 338 Norma bbl). It is a very good rifle. The rifle had been zeroed without the can but we screwed it on and elevation was spot on out to about 1200 M.

ETA: The gun I was on had the Leupold Mk5. It's not my preference as I prefer the generous eyebox of the PMII's, however, this scope worked well and dials were on. It needs a "you're on the second turn" indicator however.

ETA2: I believe the AI literature says the deployment kit does not come with the suppressor (I assume because it would significantly complicate paperwork). We have them available per my above comments.

Thanks Zak. I fired off an email to you guys yesterday to scoop one of them up. Just waiting for your team to reply

The kit looks like a nice set up however from a consumer purchase instead of a military purchase I think a optional 6.5 Creedmmor barrell shoud be added to the kit somehow.

Reactions: SAMR
Neat design on the breach of the 300NM and 338NM barrels so you can’t mistakenly put a different round in each. (Not for the 308)

20A0199E-06FC-4DDA-BB88-8E2930575B86.jpeg

The 2stage is really nice at 2.5lb no overtravel like that on the PSR. They also chamfer the lugs to make it run smoother

A330A50D-1361-4B72-A966-A1BCAF981DCD.jpeg

@NoLegs24 thanks for the pics and info! That AXSR-AICS looks legit.

In your time playing with the ASR, did you notice that the bolt felt or cycled smoother? It's in the press release, just wondering what that really means and if it was apparent right away that it felt better.

It is definitely smoother. Multiple factors coming into play here, but the 2 position safety is the main reason. Less mechanical movement required within the bolt shroud when cycling. It essentially feels like a broken-in AX.

@Mile High Shooting or @NoLegs24 any confirmation on if the bolts are compatible nwith the AXMC?

I just checked again at Mile High. No, the bolts from AXMC aren’t compatible with ASR. Different bolt head design basically. Thought I heard AINA said they did, but guess I was wrong. Even out an AXMC bolt on their to see. No go

ASR on left. AXMC on right

93E978E4-8071-4446-B8F5-80B76ABCFA53.jpeg

Better pic of butt stock. Which the lever latches on better to get no play or loosen up over time. Also, the check piece is 1” or 1.5” longer

72B589D2-48F5-4E27-844A-3DA60FC0F16A.jpeg

Last edited:
Just curious...….

From what I have read, it appears the ASR kit comes with two bolt bodies (one for 338 Norma/300 Norma and one for 308).

Or does it also include a third bolt body for 300 Win Mag (although no 300 Win Mag barrel) ??
If only two, is AI going to make/sell a separate 300 Win Mag bolt body ??

It is still an amazing setup.
Thank you.

So a changed the rear grip, trigger pack perhaps, rear stock, M-Lok, new safety and integrated a RRS foregrip. Weighs the same. Different, no doubt. Calibers essentially stayed the same minus the barrel (same bolt faces).

Queue the "my current AXMC is total trash now and completely outdated" posts.
Mile High and Eurooptic seem to think so.

I'm a lot more attracted to the design of the AIAT but you can't deny the one rifle platform of the AXMC. For whatever reason I'm waiting for .22lr/.223/.224 compatability in the AX series as well. Hopefully by 2022 someone can make it happen.

Reactions: Sniper266
I'm a lot more attracted to the design of the AIAT but you can't deny the one rifle platform of the AXMC. For whatever reason I'm waiting for .22lr/.223/.224 compatability in the AX series as well. Hopefully by 2022 someone can make it happen.

Unfortunately, the action would have to have an almost complete redesign.

@Nik H

Another member and I were just talking about this.

I went from an AIAW (RH) to one of the <100 AIAW (LH) that they released to finally having an AIAT in left hand.

I also jumped on the AXMC in left hand (.338LM) but since sold it once I realized the left-handed bolts wouldn't be released for .308 wouldn't be available to us. Hoping that eventually these new ASR kits will be offered with left-handed bolts

Reactions: samb300
@Nik H

Another member and I were just talking about this.

I went from an AIAW (RH) to one of the <100 AIAW (LH) that they released to finally having an AIAT in left hand.

I also jumped on the AXMC in left hand (.338LM) but since sold it once I realized the left-handed bolts wouldn't be released for .308 wouldn't be available to us. Hoping that eventually these new ASR kits will be offered with left-handed bolts

This is the biggest reason I never bought the AXMC. I can build a long action for a lot less and still have a MC short action with my AT.

I really have a hard time understanding AI

This is the biggest reason I never bought the AXMC. I can build a long action for a lot less and still have a MC short action with my AT.

I really have a hard time understanding AI

I'm almost in the same boat. They've known about the LFP clearance issue and SFP fix for years and yet they wait for the gun to be blown out by stores to hint at releasing a SFP bolt for the MC platform.

I'm having a hard time understanding AI as well. At least I don't have it as bad as you lefties.

I'm almost in the same boat. They've known about the LFP clearance issue and SFP fix for years and yet they wait for the gun to be blown out by stores to hint at releasing a SFP bolt for the MC platform.

I'm having a hard time understanding AI as well. At least I don't have it as bad as you lefties.

There was a time when I never thought I would own an AI because of the LH issue. I have my AT....I am pretty damn happy. If they offered an AXMC in LH WITH the short action accessories, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Until then, I am going to keep enjoying shooting my AT.

Reactions: texag0842
@Nik H seems to me they're setting up to discontinue the AXMC and set their line up to look like:

ASR
AXSR
AXSA
AT

I could be totally wrong and my post is entirely speculation at this point.

Reactions: SAMR
I totally think you are correct. However, I will be too old and grey to shoot when the ASR and AXSR become available in LH.

It's really odd that the ASR has the M-Lok forend, but the new AXSR will still have the legacy AI Key-Slot interface. Makes me wonder if their testing still showed the Key-Slot was stronger than M-Lok. I do hope they offer the new forend as a stand-alone upgrade for current AX owners, personally I don't really care one way or another if it's M-Lok or Key-Slot.

MLOK was selected as the mounting option on all future weapon systems by SOCOM

The biggest change is the small firing pin, too many guys are getting the AXMC and then piercing primers with their 6.5s and complaining after.

The new system has a small firing pin, and I'm not 100% sure what the upgrade path will be for AXMC bolts if at all. I will have to ask MHSA that question.

The ASR is the upgrade, and you have to look at it more like the AE vs AT change, it's a long term strategy vs an incremental upgrade fix for the guys who want to use the AXMC as a short action shooter.

Reactions: Canuck1977
According to MHSA there is a part number for the SFP AXMC bolt and they are on order. I asked to be put on the waiting list. It's just disappointing that the rifle is billed as a gun that can shoot 6.5s and 6mm CM. AINA markets barrels for both calibers. Yet they don't make the parts (SFP bolt) available to do so properly until almost 5 years later and the gun is on the verge of being discontinued.

The ASR (AXSR) looks super nice but not nice enough to take a beating on selling my MC and then spending more on the AXSR. I built a competition rifle off a SAC Alpha 11 and Manners stock instead.

Edit:. If they discontinue the MC, I don't blame them for doing so. There's no reason to keep to rifles on the market competing in the same price bracket. It's just good business. I'm just not all that excited about the ASR.

Last edited:
@RoterJager Thing about AIs is that older models are just as effective as the new ones. It's up to the owner if they want to upgrade or not. AIs are not like electronics that become slower and unusable over time. The switch barrel capability extends the life even more so. If I had to buy a rifle to service for the next 20 years you'd bet I'd have an AI.

@Srikaleak don't get me wrong. I love AI. I still feel they are the best all around action. I've had an AT, AXSA and now run an AXMC and I like the ASR as a concept rifle. I just feel that AI has left a lot on the table for those of us shooting what are now essential legacy systems, specifically the AXMC. The lack of an SFP bolt up until now, if they actually release them, shows that AI isn't totally in sync with what their civilian customer base is looking for. I know they're primary function is military but there are a lot of civilian side shooters as well.

I think the ASR is cool, if I didn't already have an AXMC it'd probably be on my list, but if I could put an analogy to it. It doesn't give me a raging hard on, more like mushy firm.

Reactions: reximus
Did AI change the barrel profiles for 2019? Thicker or thinner barrels? Backward compatible with AX platform I believe

@Srikaleak don't get me wrong. I love AI. I still feel they are the best all around action. I've had an AT, AXSA and now run an AXMC and I like the ASR as a concept rifle. I just feel that AI has left a lot on the table for those of us shooting what are now essential legacy systems, specifically the AXMC. The lack of an SFP bolt up until now, if they actually release them, shows that AI isn't totally in sync with what their civilian customer base is looking for. I know they're primary function is military but there are a lot of civilian side shooters as well.

I think the ASR is cool, if I didn't already have an AXMC it'd probably be on my list, but if I could put an analogy to it. It doesn't give me a raging hard on, more like mushy firm.

You have $8,500 for a rifle and $1,500+ for the conversion kit, but your frustrated about the $150 it costs to get the bolt bushed for SFP calibers?

Seems an awful trivial amount to worry about in the scheme of the AXMC system... well, to me anyways.

You have $8,500 for a rifle and $1,500+ for the conversion kit, but your frustrated about the $150 it costs to get the bolt bushed for SFP calibers?

Seems an awful trivial amount to worry about in the scheme of the AXMC system... well, to me anyways.

I'm not overly keen on having someone shave metal off my bolt. Especially because I can't get a replacement at the moment if something goes wrong.

As noted, AI is a battle rifle who’s target audience is military/LE and they happen to allow sales to the public.

They get to the civilian side when they can. That’s part of the risk you take with AI.

As noted, AI is a battle rifle who’s target audience is military/LE and they happen to allow sales to the public.

They get to the civilian side when they can. That’s part of the risk you take with AI.

Yes. Just like Knights Armament on the gas gun side. Mil first, then civilians. I don't mind the wait through.. our Warfighters should ALWAYS come first.

Is it even possible to get an AI bolt bushed? From what I've read, most gunsmiths won't touch the AI Bolt. Hardened steel?

Is it even possible to get an AI bolt bushed? From what I've read, most gunsmiths won't touch the AI Bolt. Hardened steel?

If hardened steel turns a smith off they are in for a rude awakening... There are lots of reputable gunsmiths that will do it.

@DDRH65CM LRI still does them. However it completely voids any warranty.

If my GAP rifle serves me well in matches and I don't get an SFP bolt from MH, I might dump my 6.5 Creed barrels and run .308 from my MC for SA calibers and .300NM for my mag set up.

Reactions: Dooby
I got a good look at Shot and there are alot of changes from the AXMC and the original PSR. I have had my PSR for almost 5 years and it was a great decision I have never regretted. I know the cost is high but you are getting alot in the Kit,
For me I don't know what the big deal on the SFP is I have 4 AI'S all of them have a LFP and they shoot very well in .243,6CM, 6.5CM .308. I dont think a SFP will make me a better shooter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nodakplowboy