• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International ASR Limited Edition Release for SHOT

Yes. Just like Knights Armament on the gas gun side. Mil first, then civilians. I don't mind the wait through.. our Warfighters should ALWAYS come first.
Yea but the U.S. Military didn't select AI did they? Because if not, I'm pretty sure the second largest player in small arms purchases next to the U.S. Military is the U.S. citizenry. I'd actually like to compare how much the U.S. public spends on small arms and ammo compared to our NATO allies.

Yea but the U.S. Military didn't select AI did they? Because if not, I'm pretty sure the second largest player in small arms purchases next to the U.S. Military is the U.S. citizenry. I'd actually like to compare how much the U.S. public spends on small arms and ammo compared to our NATO allies.

Military contracts are often much more lucrative. They commonly come with larger quantities and things like field kits, spare parts, extra barrels, ammo, optics, suppressors, ect. There just aren't a lot of civilians looking for $4-8k rifles.

Plus, military sales often drive the commerical side. The MRAD isn't *that* popular right now. That will change if it gets adopted.

Is it even possible to get an AI bolt bushed? From what I've read, most gunsmiths won't touch the AI Bolt. Hardened steel?

Gre tan, LRI and a few others do AI's with no problem.

Am I the only one that’s scratching their head wondering why AI would change the safety?

Does the new one make it that much smoother?

I’m assuming the new one is a trigger block safety. The current one blocks the firing pin. I have always preferred the M70 style for field rifles.

Reactions: AIAW and PBWalsh
Gre tan, LRI and a few others do AI's with no problem.

Gre-Tan is one of the sources I read about not bushing harden steel. It's on the website, with a list of other firearms.

Has this changed?

Thanks!

Am I the only one that’s scratching their head wondering why AI would change the safety?

I’m assuming the new one is a trigger block safety. The current one blocks the firing pin. I have always preferred the M70 style for field rifles.

Could be a requirement to the ASR contract, or perhaps to make it smoother as well. Like the 3-position Mauser-style safety too. All of the functions you could want right there. I'm sure they had a good reason as they traditionally haven't been one to make major changes without significant improvement.

Just because some pencil pushers decided on another rifle doesn’t mean the AI wasn’t the best candidate.
Exactly.... politics and bottom line are king. Oh well, means civ buyers won't be fighting with a cavitating supply pump. (i.e., more for us!)

Scott at AI mentioned the safety was one of the required program specs....and based on release statement Frank posted, it looks like the AXSR will use the same safety.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9

Because if you've ever sat on overwatch, having the ability to take the safety off, without moving your hand away from the trigger and breaking position is kind of a good thing. Being ambidextrous is also a plus. I'm kind of surprised anyone would question the new safety, since it is a much more functional design now, rather than a carry over from legacy bolt action systems.

Reactions: Statie07
So maybe i missed it but have AI hinted at a Release date for the AXSR chassis and non kit gun? Chassis looks nice for a .22/223 trainer if they ever make a folder version of it.

I guess the price point on the non kit AXSR guns is still a mystery...

@DDRH65CM LRI still does them. However it completely voids any warranty.

If my GAP rifle serves me well in matches and I don't get an SFP bolt from MH, I might dump my 6.5 Creed barrels and run .308 from my MC for SA calibers and .300NM for my mag set up.

AI warranty is only a year anyway.

Not to mention it’s only for the original purchaser.

Looking at $9k + for the stand alone AXSR from what I heard...

Not that hard to swallow from the standpoint of how the AXMC is put together vs some of the materials used. I know its proven but ive never been too fond of those plastic skins/grip on a 8k+ gun.

I like em on the AW/AE/AT guns tho.

Definitely interested on the AXSR and the smiths with the prints for new barrels. I also agree with the above "why no 6.5cm option". Its widely popular so not having it as an option out of the gate on a gun that has straight PRS DNA its just odd.

I get it, i get it... its a mil gun they let us have so be grateful... but, they are selling the thing with a trigger that has the word "competition" on it... yeah, not having a 6mm flavor at launch is crap logic,,, still buying :D

Reactions: Bkultra
I hope use AW mag, but AW mag do not have 300WSM. But no matter with mag. That's a good looking chassis

Will the AXMC magazines for the magnum calibers be interchangeable with the ASR / AXSR? I haven’t read or seen anything about this.

It appears that the ASR won't use a mag adapter. It looked like each mag had a spacer built in. Not sure if that is truly the case or not.

So externally all magazines from .308 Win to 338lm will be the same size? Only difference will be inner cavity? That's one way to do it and their explanation of that design decision makes sense.

So externally all magazines from .308 Win to 338lm will be the same size? Only difference will be inner cavity? That's one way to do it and their explanation of that design decision makes sense.
Post #43 in this thread shows the new internal metal with the small follower. I hoping the 300 and 338 AXMC magazine external dimensions are the same as the ASR.

I don't see AI reinventing the wheel with their already superb magnum mags. Don't quote me on that but it is highly unlikely.

Your current AXMC short-action mags might not work. They'll have to clarify all of this.

Reactions: HillBilly n TX
I don't see AI reinventing the wheel with their already superb magnum mags. Don't quote me on that but it is highly unlikely.

Your current AXMC short-action mags might not work. They'll have to clarify all of this.
That would be great. I have a couple 300 and 338 mags from AXMC I use to have was hoping to avoid buying new ones.

I wonder how torque sensitive the AXSR will be now that its back on action screws. The only thing that would give me pause is AI releasing some statemant along the lines of "you have to play with tq values for best results".

Otherwise i like every single thing on this AXSR gun so far.

Damn, so an $8200 rifle just became a $9000 rifle. I wonder how much more the magazines and barrels are going to be now? And do these rifles come with a SFP bolt standard?
I mean I'm still going to buy one but it's just going to take a little longer now.

Damn, so an $8200 rifle just became a $9000 rifle. I wonder how much more the magazines and barrels are going to be now? And do these rifles come with a SFP bolt standard?
I mean I'm still going to buy one but it's just going to take a little longer now.

There is a sale on the AXMC at around 6.5K tho.

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the images?

PM me with a solid offer on the chassis.

They are going to be SFP. You can rock and roll.

There is a sale on the AXMC at around 6.5K tho.
Nope, those are obsolete in my eyes. /jk
I prefer spending my money on latest and greatest. There are enough changes on the AXSR that I prefer over the AXMC. My opinion but feel free to grab those discounts. The AXMC will be just as capable and the $2000 price difference buys a LOT of ammo. Make AJ happy ?

I prefer spending my money on latest and greatest. There are enough changes on the AXSR that I prefer over the AXMC. My opinion but feel free to grab those discounts. The AXMC will be just as capable and the $2000 price difference buys a LOT of ammo. Make AJ happy ?

Hey at least the long mags will be backwards compatible so not all is obsolete... legacy maybe?

What changes between the AXMC and AXSR are worth the extra $2K to you personally? Not bashing or starting any argument - I am genuinely curious.

What changes between the AXMC and AXSR are worth the extra $2K to you personally? Not bashing or starting any argument - I am genuinely curious.

For me its the plastic skins. Im cool with em on the AT/AE/AW guns... just not on the AX/MC line. I know they are functional and get the job done but on a 8k gun (6k+ now ) personally i dont see it.

So its the chassis for me on the ASR

Integrated Arca rail, no need for magazine spacer, SFP bolt, and the new buttstock looks better than the AXMCs (and is tool-less which the AXMC was not?). Also the fact that they are chambered in 300 Norma from the factory is great. These are all upgrades I'd have to do with the AXMC (although I could live with the stock). I'm really hoping the MLOK hand rail makes it to civilians but I'm not holding my breath.
Frankly it's the new shiny and I want it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AIAW
Integrated RRS rail, no need for magazine spacer, SFP bolt, and the new buttstock looks better than the AXMCs (and is tool-less which the AXMC was not?). Also the fact that they are chambered in 300 Norma from the factory is great. These are all upgrades I'd have to do with the AXMC (although I could live with the stock). I'm really hoping the MLOK hand rail makes it to civilians but I'm not holding my breath.
Frankly it's the new shiny and I want it.

Shiny and new is a valid enough reason I feel.

The AXMC is tool-less for adjustments. Not for barrel replacements. (The allen key under the cheek reset is for cheek rest lateral adjustment and to adjust the rear grip, plus a few other things).

For me its the plastic skins. Im cool with em on the AT/AE/AW guns... just not on the AX/MC line. I know they are functional and get the job done but on a 8k gun (6k+ now ) personally i dont see it.

So its the chassis for me on the ASR

I could see that. Just know that plastic has served AI very well historically (which you do based on your statement). They take a function over fashion approach to all of their platforms generally.

I could see that. Just know that plastic has served AI very well historically (which you do based on your statement). They take a function over fashion approach to all of their platforms generally.

I agree they work well, keep weight down and they are not a concern after years of deployment use. But as a backyard shooter i drew the line at the AT on AIs and saw more value on some of the other long action systems.

The ASR on the other hand looks (at least on paper) much more like a 9k gun than the MC felt at 8K+. It has all sorts of shit built in for comp use and the chassis will make it a pig to carry and shoot, just what i want/need to cover up all of my shooter errors LOL!

Reactions: AIAW
So a changed the rear grip, trigger pack perhaps, rear stock, M-Lok, new safety and integrated a RRS foregrip. Weighs the same. Different, no doubt. Calibers essentially stayed the same minus the barrel (same bolt faces).

Queue the "my current AXMC is total trash now and completely outdated" posts.
????

Just curious.
Are barrels threaded in standard AI M18x1.5 ?

Thank you.