• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International at SHOT 2010

Re: Accuracy International at SHOT 2010

I'm showering my wife with gifts, in anticipation.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm showering my wife with gifts, in anticipation.
laugh.gif
</div></div>Anticipation of the price, that is.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn....just when I thought I'd done on spending for a while.....along comes the AX!!!

Wife's gonna kill me! </div></div>

I feel the same way hahaha
laugh.gif

Also I want bigger pictures!!!
laugh.gif

jp67: will be getting more pictures tomorrow, 1st day and the booth was swamped, nice to see all the excitement and reception from the customers on all the new products.

SSG: I will work on pics of the AX and M24 AICS and try to post from the booth for all today as well.

The AX "series" is our PSR entry, that is correct. The configurations on this system like several others are built to those requirements. Yes, the backstraps are configured to be interchangeable.

More pictures to follow and will work on those today. We will have the brochures and spec's on the AX out as well very soon.

To Chiller's defense, thank you for the comments and stopping by, not really a run thru he stayed and drooled for a while, great meeting you. But honestly, I welcome pictures from others, this will provide all with the information and visuals desired. So pics post them, thanks again guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm showering my wife with gifts, in anticipation.
laugh.gif
</div></div>Anticipation of the price, that is.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Graham...sounds like a top plan. Just make sure those gifts are "strategically priced" (minimum expenditure, maximum impact)..... wouldn't make any sense blowing the AX budget on designer shoes and spa weekends!
laugh.gif

Outstanding Scott and Stacey.

You guys listened to what we wanted and (as far as I can tell) gave us everything. I was hoping that my conversation with Scott would yield a 6.5 Creedmoor offering, but was not holding my breath. But damned if it did not happen.

I WILL be buying one one of the barrels...or two...or seven.

This company is definitely on the cutting edge of what the market wants and needs. Keep the pics and info coming!

Thank you.

Stacey - small remark, I dont think accuarcyinternational.us has been that much "live" as proclaimed, I'd recommend you start putting out at least something new over there to keep the us registered users getting something back from endless tapping of F5-key..
wink.gif

is their a price and availability for the ax yet? sorry if i didnt see it posted.

Hi Stacey,
Please post the AX series specs when you get them.
I wonder how this rifle compares to the regular AIAW 338and the Remington MSR?

Does it take the new CIP mags also?
Can the barrel be replaced in the field?
Can the AI bipod be still used?

As a far as I know , its a CIP lenght mag ( but its not the steel 5rd single columb thats made for the AICS Surgeon XL ) .

Its a new 10rd double stack / double feed Polymer mag

+91

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stacey - small remark, I dont think accuarcyinternational.us has been that much "live" as proclaimed, I'd recommend you start putting out at least something new over there to keep the us registered users getting something back from endless tapping of F5-key..
wink.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+91

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stacey - small remark, I dont think accuarcyinternational.us has been that much "live" as proclaimed, I'd recommend you start putting out at least something new over there to keep the us registered users getting something back from endless tapping of F5-key..
wink.gif
</div></div></div></div>

+100

We stopped by the booth yesterday and the AX is really sweet as proclaimed by everyone else already. Probably the best news from the AI booth for me was that the new chassis system was beingmade for R700 as well. They had one set up at the show and the new chassis makes the old AICS seem antiquated as hell. Also, the new rear spike is an infinitely adjustable rear mono that is without question the best designed rear mno I've seen. Definitely some of the best new stuff I've seen from anyone at SHOT this year. I'll grab a few pics today with my good camera.

Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JerkeeJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably the best news from the AI booth for me was that the new chassis system was beingmade for R700 as well. They had one set up at the show and the new chassis makes the old AICS seem antiquated as hell. Also, the new rear spike is an infinitely adjustable rear mono that is without question the best designed rear mno I've seen.</div></div>

Can anyone post some pics or additional details about this?

Hi Stacey

Do you also handel export orders?
Nice rifles

Thanks

Enjoy! HD Version

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjQQMS0BedA&fmt=18"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjQQMS0BedA&fmt=18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I like the AX. Some nice weight saving from the AW series, and the stock feels nice in the hands. Stacey, it was nice meeting you today. Thanks for your time and answering all my questions.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but how much will the AX chassis cost? I am thinking this might have won out my decision over the Mcree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EdMP3006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of a chassis that will take a L/A Savage??? </div></div>

Maybe they should start with a short action first... (I don't have a long action Savage right now
wink.gif
)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShaunB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Enjoy! HD Version

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjQQMS0BedA&fmt=18"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjQQMS0BedA&fmt=18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Very nice video!

Thanks,
- Koshy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koshy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Very nice video!

Thanks,
- Koshy </div></div>

Well thank you

Very nice ,
I thought one of the posts had the barrel interchagable like the DTS but these are the same as the older AW's the AX has a dufferent platform and would imaging the cost is close to the 7K mentioned?
Bill

I don't think I've seen anyone actually define what an "AX" is. My impression from the rumors were that it was a semi-auto, so I've pretty much ignored everything after that.

It looks now like it's just a different chassis for the AW & M700. Is that right, or...?

Doesn't look like there's an AX chassis for the AE.

Then I think I'm seeing AX chassis for M700 (short / long?), but I got lost when people starting throwing "MLR" and "CIP" out there. What's that all about?

Thanks for the info and pics guys. Now I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to shot this year.

I would like to know more about...

The Bartlein barrels options.

Closeups and details on the AX series.

Also, I haven't been keeping up with the status of the AW .338 CIP chamberings and how it affects the older non CIP guns.

gugubica: Thank you, AI is really listening, we are trying to meet the US market as discussed and from last year for those which talked with me, I stated "This is a new AI, AINA and you will see LOTS of changes, offerings and say they are listening".

cazorp: Well, I tried, made the comment "If the internet gods allow me" and guess what, just was not able to do it from there at ALL. Scott is working on that one, it is up and going, sorry for the slow start.

jp67: to yours and several other on the pricing availability and spec's request. We are working on putting together a full spec's sheet but this animal is this evolving, truly. The mod system as you will see will offer many different options and build, each which will change the price as well as weight. As soon as we can, it will be available on the AI site for all to review. The AX has a new magazine, 10rd double stack CIP which is no taller than the original 5rd single stack .338 mag. Looks like the AW .308 on steroids. In comparison, I will say look at the pictures I will post after this and enjoy.

JerkeeJoe: Thank you for all the positive comments, we are all very proud of the new AX AICS, nice and many were simply saying OMG and thank you. We received excellent and very positive feedback on the new designed buttspike and module's for these systems.

EdMP3006: Not at this time on the Savage. We are working on the AICS for the Savage in the Model 10 S/A first, later the L/A and we can go from there, but food for thought, thanks.

gol1: No sir, AINA only imports and services the United States. Please refer to www.accuracyinternational.com and select the agent for your country.

ShaunB: THANKS, nice just want we all needed, to see my ugly mug on the tube, nice job and honestly thanks for all the help and nice meeting you.

Mute: Thank you and very nice meeting you as well.

Apache: The pricing is going to be very comparable to the current model with a expected 10-15% increase, but this will vary due to the options and build out on the module's within this system, but I do believe all will be very pleased with this as well.

Michael Aos: The new AX is the direct replacement for the current AWSM 338 Lapua primarily and the direct result of PSR requirements as well. The AICS is for the M700 and is a new different update of course, for the AW .308 it will be a new chassis basically but for the magnums it a totally new weapon system. The AE will remain in the original AI configuration and the new AX will replace the current AW. This will obviously pronounce the difference in pricing and concept as well between the two series for the customer. All of the listed, the barrels are interchangeable.

Redhook: The barrel options will be posted as well very soon, but I have listed most of the calibers previously.

Stacey: Nice! Thanks for the pics.

Given the high cost of custom match rifle builds the AE is now a value leader. I'll be running my AE as my main match rifle this year, because with JLK .308 180 VLD's (BC .580) at 2730fps it will hang with almost everything else out there and I have no need to switch to 6.5 yet.

Thanks Stacey for the updates.

I have couple more questions regardin the AX338.
Looking at the picture,it seems that you are giving up the AI bipod for the Harris or can the AI bipod still be used?

Is the barrel changeable by the operator like the Remington MSR?

The AX sounds great. The pistol grip looks like the AW cutoff at the bottom back? know what I mean? What I'm getting at is if I can still get my same hand position trigger finger position with the new pistol grip? I realize there are different back straps so just wondering if the AW grip can be replicated or close to replicated with the new chassis. Can't wait for the full spec sheet on these, I was gonna pick up a AWSM this year but if these become available towards the end of the year early next year count me in for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The AX has a new magazine, 10rd double stack CIP which is no taller than the original 5rd single stack .338 mag. Looks like the AW .308 on steroids. In comparison, I will say look at the pictures I will post after this and enjoy.
</div></div>

Stacey,

Gotta ask....what is CIP...missed it somewhere. Will the double stack 10 round 338LM be compatible with the olde AI AWSM's?

Thanks
Pat

I wish AI sold the AW action and trigger separate from the complete platform.

Very impressive, seems AI far from sleeping and relying upon existing products to satisfy the market.

Stacey - Any word on whether the Bartlein partnership also will apply for the other markets than North America? I'd love to get my hands on a Bartlein .260 barrel with similar profile/threads as my 26" 308-barrel for my AW! *drool*
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The AX has a new magazine, 10rd double stack CIP which is no taller than the original 5rd single stack .338 mag. Looks like the AW .308 on steroids. In comparison, I will say look at the pictures I will post after this and enjoy.
</div></div>

Stacey,

Gotta ask....what is CIP...missed it somewhere. Will the double stack 10 round 338LM be compatible with the olde AI AWSM's?

CIP mags are longer.

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1492776
Thanks
Pat </div></div>

Graham: Thank you getting the pictures proved to be more challenging due to the overwhelming response at our booth, no complaints here but it was crowded WOW.
We completely agree with this and why we want to maintain the pricing level and continue to offer more options to booth the AE to more shooters.

jp67: The bipod use at shot spells a couple of issues out. One the military customers in the US are currently using the Harris so presented with like option. Second, not many AI bipods there huh, well lets say that it is under a complete face lift and evolution as well! There can or may be a attachment accessory which would accept the current AI bipod. To the barrel change capability, our barrels have always been operator changeable and continue to be such, but AI is not an imitator.

ALMAORFE: It is very similar to the thumbhole yes and understand what you are looking at. The feel, fit and adjustable setup of this new system makes it more user friendly to fit in multiple manners. I will be post some more info and pics of this system as time allows very soon, thanks again.

MtGoat: The CIP issue is basically a requirement due to the 300gr bullets and AOL of such which requires a longer magazine internal. The new 10rd AX series mag can not be retrofitted to the current AW series due to many reasons, but mostly due to the AX series is completely new in receiver, bolt and design.

858: The suppressor's are manufactured by SAS for AI exclusively and more to come on that very soon as well. The new QD system and suppressor line is a direct result of well over a year of coop work with Tim (SAS) and myself and will be a very desirable upgrade to the AI products. To the actions and triggers, we will not offer either for parts.

cazorp: Thank you for the comments. The barrels, at this time I can not comment on the UK side, sorry but we will be updating as developments continue.

Good showing at SHOT, the AI booth was quite busy, so well done.
However IMO more effort needs to be placed in delivering to customers, (ie)LH stocks, and .223 mags.AI is fortunate to have excellent "go to people" selling there products, so most customers like me understand the delay.I would have been very satisfied to get a least one .223 mag with my stock, but I'm on a list waiting for a call.

Thank you and it was a true success for all. We agree and appreciate the customers desires as well to meet estimated delivery dates. Have we this year, no but I will again with many others I have pm'd, emailed and discussed this on the phone with in the past months. AI will not and has not ever delivered a product to the customer base which was not tried, true and proven. We are not going to sell something which we continue to work on, improve upon and are not 100% satisfied with to our customer base. Others may, but AI will not. We are truly trying to improve not only the product line as well see from Shot Show, but availability by x3 US distributors vs x1, our distributors are searching for and signing up "Stocking Dealers" as well to vastly improve the US footprint and product availability vs its coming. The magazines are and will be shipping complete in Feb to the US and immediately distributed to ALL of our distributors and OEM manufacturing partners. So this will clear the 223 magazine issue completely. The Left Handed chassis systems are still slow coming due to contracts and parts, simply said we are producing them as fast as we can and only available to release smaller #'s due to military requirements. Hope this helps and thanks again for all the feed back.

Stacey,

Will any of the new batch of AI barrels destined for the US market be threaded in 5/8 x24 as opposed to them all being metric threaded? If not, can barrels be ordered this way from the factory?

Stacy, any word on the price on the AX stock for the Remington 700 SA?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gugubica: Thank you, AI is really listening, we are trying to meet the US market as discussed and from last year for those which talked with me, I stated "This is a new AI, AINA and you will see LOTS of changes, offerings and say they are listening".

cazorp: Well, I tried, made the comment "If the internet gods allow me" and guess what, just was not able to do it from there at ALL. Scott is working on that one, it is up and going, sorry for the slow start.

jp67: to yours and several other on the pricing availability and spec's request. We are working on putting together a full spec's sheet but this animal is this evolving, truly. The mod system as you will see will offer many different options and build, each which will change the price as well as weight. As soon as we can, it will be available on the AI site for all to review. The AX has a new magazine, 10rd double stack CIP which is no taller than the original 5rd single stack .338 mag. Looks like the AW .308 on steroids. In comparison, I will say look at the pictures I will post after this and enjoy.

JerkeeJoe: Thank you for all the positive comments, we are all very proud of the new AX AICS, nice and many were simply saying OMG and thank you. We received excellent and very positive feedback on the new designed buttspike and module's for these systems.

EdMP3006: Not at this time on the Savage. We are working on the AICS for the Savage in the Model 10 S/A first, later the L/A and we can go from there, but food for thought, thanks.

gol1: No sir, AINA only imports and services the United States. Please refer to www.accuracyinternational.com and select the agent for your country.

ShaunB: THANKS, nice just want we all needed, to see my ugly mug on the tube, nice job and honestly thanks for all the help and nice meeting you.

Mute: Thank you and very nice meeting you as well.

Apache: The pricing is going to be very comparable to the current model with a expected 10-15% increase, but this will vary due to the options and build out on the module's within this system, but I do believe all will be very pleased with this as well.

Michael Aos: The new AX is the direct replacement for the current AWSM 338 Lapua primarily and the direct result of PSR requirements as well. The AICS is for the M700 and is a new different update of course, for the AW .308 it will be a new chassis basically but for the magnums it a totally new weapon system. The AE will remain in the original AI configuration and the new AX will replace the current AW. This will obviously pronounce the difference in pricing and concept as well between the two series for the customer. All of the listed, the barrels are interchangeable.

Redhook: The barrel options will be posted as well very soon, but I have listed most of the calibers previously.

</div></div>

Stacey are you saying AIAW is no more ?

I cannot imagine AI will discontinue the AW, but rather improve it in that case - There are probably 20-30 armies using the AW-model at this time so it seems a bit unrealistic to me?

I wouldn't trade in my AW for a AX even if it where trown after me, but that's just me..

Stacey - please tell me I'm right about the AW will prosper for many years to come..?
wink.gif

From talking with Stacey awhile ago it was my understanding the AW will eventually be phased out.