• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International at SHOT 2010

Re: Accuracy International at SHOT 2010

Just wondering what you all think about and AI Chassis for the Savage. Do you think there is enough volume in sales out there for this application at the price point?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot imagine AI will discontinue the AW, but rather improve it in that case - There are probably 20-30 armies using the AW-model at this time so it seems a bit unrealistic to me?

I wouldn't trade in my AW for a AX even if it where trown after me, but that's just me..

Stacey - please tell me I'm right about the AW will prosper for many years to come..?
wink.gif
</div></div>

At the shot show Stacey said it would eventually be phased out. Sounded like that would be in the near, rather than far, future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man, I hope not. I hope their spare parts never go out of production due to other military support contracts. </div></div>

From supply work I've done in the past my understanding is that spare parts are normally expected to be available for a minimum of 25 years on military procurement programmes.

I hope Stacey can confirm this on the AW?

Having said that, I've been waiting two months for a simple nut and bolt for the adjustable recoil pad on my AW...and I'm in the UK!!!
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From talking with Stacey awhile ago it was my understanding the AW will eventually be phased out. </div></div>

Gentlemen,

Just a quick clarification. The AW series will continue in production for the foreseeable future. There are no plans at this time to discontinue the AW. You can be sure that AI will support these weapon systems indefinitely.

Best regards,
Scott

Awesome weapons Scott. The AX looks like a great addition to AI's already acheived lineup and hopefully one day this guy can afford one. For now Ill just dream and drool over everyone elses successes.

Scott. I wanted to thank you for having a brilliant artist at your table as well. I had wanted to add one of the Silent Assassin prints to my library for some time and it is much nicer to have her signature on it. That she has a fantastic smile and a personality to match tells me that she has a very bright future. Her work is fantastic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottSeigmund</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From talking with Stacey awhile ago it was my understanding the AW will eventually be phased out. </div></div>

Gentlemen,

Just a quick clarification. The AW series will continue in production for the foreseeable future. There are no plans at this time to discontinue the AW. You can be sure that AI will support these weapon systems indefinitely.

Best regards,
Scott </div></div>

I apologize for my inaccurate statement. Question: AE=accuracy enforment, AW=Arctic Warfare, AX=?

AX = Accuracy eXtreme ? (you know, everything with an X is X times better and what not)

Guess sooner or later they will have to turn it up to XI..

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AX = Accuracy eXtreme ? (you know, everything with an X is X times better and what not)

-pd </div></div>

Accuracy eXcellence? lol

AX = This is the new stuff. So now that the AW is gonna be phased out, does that that mean theres gonna be some nice fire sales to get rid of the old stuff??? Please advise. Ill be more than willing to take care of those old out dated AW's for pennies on the dollar. Ill even bring my truck to pick them up.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AX = This is the new stuff. So now that the AW is gonna be phased out, does that that mean theres gonna be some nice fire sales to get rid of the old stuff??? Please advise. Ill be more than willing to take care of those old out dated AW's for pennies on the dollar. Ill even bring my truck to pick them up.

Rich </div></div>

AI will still support the old series. I wouldn't be holding my breath on the "fire sales"!! Nice lookin' out tho'!!

Ts1: Right now, we have not completely worked out all the finals, hence the specs and pricing not listed and/or released. As soon as I get all this completed, I will post and we are discussing several options so hand in there, thanks.

Walsh: We have not listed the spec's or pricing yet, as discussed prior we are working on it and will release asap, thanks.

PadronAniversary: Everyone is really getting to carried away on this thread and jumping to conclusions. The AW is still being produced, not to confuse the long magnum (AWSM and AWM) action with the short action. The MAGNUM action is directly being replaced by the AX Magnum as discussed from Shot Show. The short action AW which can and will be updated to the AX series design is EXACTLY the same receiver as now, same parts only the chassis will change. AI will and has continued to support as stated the "Legacy" models for as long as required.

dagger: Well that is exactly what we discussed and our concern was due to the "price point". From what we have seen and learned, it appears to be a highly desirable upgrade long over due and we are working on it now.

BasraBoy: Correct and to other above your comments. Again, the AW will be supported, upgrades and new models are destined to come, don't get carried away here, its an AI, not going anywhere anytime soon.

SSG3K: Keep dreaming and just don't hold your breath, lol.

So in closing here is what I understand and have been relaying:
-AE: we are offering more calibers, barrel options, the rear mono-pod/butt spike option and the all new Covert model. This series will remain in the legacy skins, not to be upgraded to the newer "AX" modular system.

-AW: SHORT action models have not changed, still the same action, parts and are 100% interchangeable with the newer short action "AX" modular series when it becomes available. The only foreseeable changes will be the updated "chassis" and a possible change to the magazine for this chassis.

-AWM/AWSM: LONG MAGNUM action WILL be replaced by the AX series when released to production. The AX is a completely new action, bolt and parts within, not interchangeable with the older model and a completely new chassis. The older "Legacy AWM/AWSM" actions/weapons will be supported due to military contracts and simply said our other customers as well.

I hope this helps rest many questions and please remember, we will be releasing the spec's and data on all the new products as soon as I have them and able to post. We are just getting back from Shot, have many things to do and now to catch up, thanks for all the support.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AX = Accuracy eXtreme ? (you know, everything with an X is X times better and what not)

-pd </div></div>

Accuracy eXcellence? lol</div></div>

Accuracy eXpensive??
laugh.gif

Hi Stacey,
Do you think we may get a good hi-res picture of the AX.
So far i am a bit disapointed by their quality.Too dark and i ca't zoom in.
Maybe an outdoor pic?
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ts1:
-AWM/AWSM: LONG MAGNUM action WILL be replaced by the AX series when released to production.
</div></div>

Okay, that's what I heard. Sorry for any confusion I caused. When I think of the AW I usually think 338 and forget about other chamberings. My bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ts1:
-AWM/AWSM: LONG MAGNUM action WILL be replaced by the AX series when released to production.
</div></div>

Okay, that's what I heard. Sorry for any confusion I caused. When I think of the AW I usually think 338 and forget about other chamberings. My bad. </div></div>

Isn't that a bit like saying "when I think of cars I think electrical cars, and leave out all with combustion engines"..
wink.gif

Stacey,

Would it be fair to say that there won't be a AWSM 338 CIP? Was the CIP change the reason the AWSM will be phased out?

It would be fair to say the current AWSM .338 rifle is not planned for a CIP offering/model. No sir, we have done a couple of the AWSM CIP rifles, but we had many other reasons to simply update and improve upon the Legacy rifle.

Any high-res pec for AX series ?

Not yet, we are working on getting them back into the shop from Shot, and when time permits we will get some more pics up on the new .us website.

Chiller, I don't believe I saw one, nope just double checked. check the email address listed below and send me what you would you are looking for. It appears by the responses, emails and phone calls, the new muzzle brake and QD suppressor design was a hit. I am looking forward to taking it out on the road this year finally unveiled and running them all at different events when possible.

OBTW Chiller, I didn't get to thank you for the "Vanna" pic posted, thanks buddy, suppressor price for you, special pricing........ he he he.

I got an email, will check it and get back to ya. Yeah Love, I see the Love buddy. No worries, I don't even remember it, just busy busy, no sleep, back to booth and all over again the next day. All worth it though and it was a very successful show for us. Thanks again for stopping by and helping with the pictures you posted as well.

So can I kiss the idea of my adjustable factory target triggers goodbye??? LOL

No and don't start whining just yet. The good news is that we are bringing them back, that trigger will be the standard trigger set on the AX (planned) so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to get some of the trigger parts in and I can get your trigger back, upgrade and ship it back, does that sound like a plan?

ohhh baby... keep talking dirty to me!!!!!!!

Now hurry up and finish that 20 round magazine for my AW50 while your at it!

Not to steal the thread, but what kind of speed are you getting with the 750 AMAX Roledrifleman?

Ok, for you I thought a belt fed option for you would be better but I stand correct, he he.
DesertHK, might be careful on this one, I think he is loading the .22cal 32gr Spitting buttets at light speed, he he LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No and don't start whining just yet. The good news is that we are bringing them back, that trigger will be the standard trigger set on the AX (planned) so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to get some of the trigger parts in and I can get your trigger back, upgrade and ship it back, does that sound like a plan? </div></div>

Stacy,
is there or was there an updated trigger? Details please. Will it fit into an AWSM? I find my stock AWSM trigger has a little bit of creep that I haven't been able to adjust out. I would be interested.

The trigger we are talking about was produced for the target rifles. Scott and myself both have these in our rifles, I have several of them which we built many years ago. These triggers offer offer a wider and adjustable trigger shoe, very similar to the Anschutz 2 Stage Match Trigger setup, the box and internals are all the same as the standard AW trigger setup. Working on the plan as discussed above. When updates are available, I will be posting them.

Sweet. I'm looking forward to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have several of them which we built many years ago. </div></div>

Come on brother, hook me up! I think I have my fair share of AI's to qualify as a loyal customer!!

I need 2, 4 if you can spare them.... I injured my trigger finger, need all the help I can get...come on... I'm begging here..

Yes qualified loyal AI owner/customer and supporter. However, due to my last years finger injury, it just absolutely required that I have this wider and more therapeutic trigger setup to continue with my position, he he sounds good don't it! Working on it, believe me working on it and as I say, good things come to those who are patient, calm, not whinny and buy more AI products, LOL.

If you are referring to the AI M14 chassis seen a couple years ago, it is not a current project, sorry.

I am a little slow still trying to get caught up with stuff since SHOT show. I spent some time with Stacey and the AI crew and i was very impressed by all the new weapons platforms and new innovations that they have added to their systems.

Job well done and I look forward to dropping down to the Fredricksburg office sometime soon.

Thanks Tony, my pleasure as always, look forward to having you stop by the AINA shop soon. We are digging out from the Shot Show, working on getting all the items in house and website up for all to review the current and upcoming new years products. Great new products from Impact, thanks for sharing with us and look forward to working with you guys in the future.

So, can owners of an AE have the option of purchasing a drop-in AX chassis for their barreled actions?

is their any proposed pricing for it yet?

No sir, the AX AICS chassis will be for the M700 and clones. The AX chassis upgrade can be offered to AW .308 owners. AX .338 is a totally new weapon system and the "Legacy" AWM & AWSM rifles can not be upgraded to the AX series. Pricing is as discussed earlier and at Shot Show, in work and as soon as we get the numbers they will be posted on the .us website.

So no AX upgrade luv for the AE then. LOL arent we a fun crowd, AINA just developed this thing and already we are bitching that we cant upgrade the AE's
wink.gif

Any leads on who has skins and hardware in stock? MHSA said they dint have any expected in the last shipment.

R/
A.S.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I hope people start dumping their Legacy models to get the AX's.
grin.gif
Me likey my traditional style stock. </div></div>

That's why I'm waiting to buy a stock. I'm either going to get the latest greatest or a REAL good deal on one of the 'crappy' old ones and I'll be just as happy either way.