• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Mine was in 6.5 creedmoor and consistently shoots 1/2moa or less depending on conditions. I shoot norma golden target ammo which is cheaper match ammo but it bug holes. I like the heavier legacy action. I bought a bartlein and a proof .308 barrel for a shoot off and they shoot the same accuracy wise for me.
I would not buy the at-xc over the at-x. I just don’t feel there is enough to justify it for me. Definitely not for $6500 good luck I know you will love the accuracy.
Mine is also is 6.5 creed. A friend gave me a 308 20" AT barrel that I know shoots tight. I may send it out to get it cut flush to the chassis for hunting.

I don't see anything on the AT-XC worth doubling the cost. That being said, some AT-X parts are perpetually out of stock. Parts that the AT-XC already has. That alone may be enough to convince the consumers.

Mine is also is 6.5 creed. A friend gave me a 308 20" AT barrel that I know shoots tight. I may send it out to get it cut flush to the chassis for hunting.

I don't see anything on the AT-XC worth doubling the cost. That being said, some AT-X parts are perpetually out of stock. Parts that the AT-XC already has. That alone may be enough to convince the consumers.
That’s going to be the selling point. Like interchangeable bolt heads. If they actually have a 223, 308 and magnum sized bolt heads that would be enough to steer many that direction.

If you are using it for hunting make sure before you chop it down you have the velocity you need to expand your bullet of choice at the ranges you want. Can’t put it back on.
Mike high has quite a bit of the accessories now in stock the hinges are becoming more available. $2000 price hike for accessories is quite a premium.
That is one thing I have always abided by. Buy everything for the gun you have at the time you buy it. The hinge was the only thing I had to wait a month to get. Everything else mile high had.

Reactions: Slamfire
That’s going to be the selling point. Like interchangeable bolt heads. If they actually have a 223, 308 and magnum sized bolt heads that would be enough to steer many that direction.
Keep in mind that AI had said that 223 and magnum bolts were going to be available for the AT/AX/AT-X action as well.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Keep in mind that AI had said that 223 and magnum bolts were going to be available for the AT/AX/AT-X action as well.
Right. But at this point AI and ourselves know that’s not the case. More likely to come out now with the actions and rifles being consolidated to just the couple models. Make availability for those top priority and force those who want more to make the switch

To my understanding AI isn’t a huge company. Understandable why they limited models and take so long to come out with items

Right. But at this point AI and ourselves know that’s not the case. More likely to come out now with the actions and rifles being consolidated to just the couple models. Make availability for those top priority and force those who want more to make the switch

To my understanding AI isn’t a huge company. Understandable why they limited models and take so long to come out with

Have you ran the new AT-XC rifle in a shooting scenario to give feedback, or you just speculating?
No saw it at shot show but I guess it is just nostalgia

The one question everyone was wondering is what the bolt lift was going to be like. Then they leave the firing pin assembly out of that rifle only
Totally seems intentional. Like the bolt lift really isn't improved, and it's a current "work in progress". If it was noticeably better, they'd want to show it off.

Totally seems intentional. Like the bolt lift really isn't improved, and it's a current "work in progress". If it was noticeably better, they'd want to show it off.

I’d normally agree. But how many years did they not even have the AT-X listed on their website? Marketing ain’t exactly high up on their list.

Right! They advertise it having better bolt lift. They completely redesigned the action. Which other than adding a few already available accessories the redesign in the action is the new selling point. So of course people want to work the action and see what it feels like

For my uses the bolt lift isn’t a big deal. I could definitely see if your shooting prs off barricades or tried to run it as an fclass gun it would have some downfalls

They were still letting people handle the rifles and work the actions. As there were members stating how much smoother it was until everyone realized the firing pin assembly wasn’t in the rifle.

Been seeing ATX going in the $3800 range here lately. Now’s the time to buy a previous gen if ones having doubts about the atxc. Can damn near by 2 gen 3’s used for the price of one atxc. Should the xc fall short of being the latest/greatest I believe the previous gen models will come back up in used prices.

Guys going from the AXMC to the AXSR aren’t reporting much on the action updates. Personally I thought my AXMC action was excellent and more in proximity to my AT than my ATX.

Now that there’s guys machining magnum bolts for the legacy actions it’s not a ton of an upgrade. A little safer action and some gas ports but still how many legacy actions have went kaboom.

Been some AXSR going here for $8k lately. Think I’d make the true upgrade to a long action again if I was spending new atxc prices

Has anyone played with or shot the atxc yet? They should be arriving in stores soon and thinking some vendor must have had a chance to play with one by now?

The catch was, they only had a single bolt assembly in the US. And since SHOT rules require you mutilate guns to make em safe, they opted to leave it out rather than circumcise it.

The downside of course being that everyone wants to see the bolt lift...and that's the one thing impossible to try out at the show.

It's been interesting watching the number of AIs for sale online slowly diminishing over the past few months...the termination of all the older product lines is starting to become apparent.

I've been flirting with picking up an AT-X for few years now and something keeps holding me back. I hate to pay even more for the AT-XC but if it's better and has more options standard I can see the appeal. As a buyer I haven't been seeing Gen 3 guns going for $4K or less, maybe I am just missing those deals because they go so quickly? There's currently a Gen 2 in the classifieds for $4200 but hell a few vendors were selling them new for that last year.

I've been flirting with picking up an AT-X for few years now and something keeps holding me back. I hate to pay even more for the AT-XC but if it's better and has more options standard I can see the appeal. As a buyer I haven't been seeing Gen 3 guns going for $4K or less, maybe I am just missing those deals because they go so quickly? There's currently a Gen 2 in the classifieds for $4200 but hell a few vendors were selling them new for that last year.
Shortly after x ring posted shot show video of the new at-xc mile high quickly sold out of the $4200 at-x gen 3 rifles. I would not buy a new at-xc over the gen 3 for the $6500 price tag.

There's currently a Gen 2 in the classifieds for $4200 but hell a few vendors were selling them new for that last year.
They were 5k rifles. The $4200 selling price last year was the close out sale price with 1K off. Most folks paid a lot more than that. The new rifle inclueds the options that did not come with the AT-X, plus the new features.

They were 5k rifles. The $4200 selling price last year was the close out sale price with 1K off. Most folks paid a lot more than that. The new rifle inclueds the options that did not come with the AT-X, plus the new features.

I don't know a single person that paid more than $4600-4700 new but I am sure there were many who did. That said, $5K plus the hinge, top rail, supposed better action, etc. you're awful close to the new rifle.

I just bought an AT-X and I’m glad I did.
I have had several other AI rifles in the past and this is my favorite one to shoot.
It’s not the smoothest or best looking ( to me ) but it feels great when being run like it’s intended.
The chassis and comp trigger are both very nice improvements from a functional standpoint.

I just got my first AT-X (very first AI for that matter), and it has less than 300 bolt cycles on it.
Bolt lift was definitely harder than I thought it would be, but nothing concerning. I too am looking forward to smoothing my action out by putting lots of rounds through the tube in the near future!
View attachment 8359316
Just curious, why is you rear cap on your spuhr mount backwards?

Just curious, why is you rear cap on your spuhr mount backwards?
IMG_9299.gif

A guy can appreciate the fact that even down to the optic you taste tested every fde color available 😁 that may even be an elite sand grip I see in there!
Dude, I know right!
Who would’ve guessed that there’s so many different colors of tan.
Looks like the stack of paint color cards my wife brings home when she’s wanting to repaint the house! 🤣

Because Im a curious little guy ;) feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of the added ring space with the C model, since running the ring backwards eliminates the gained space back to the original sp series, though yes the C does have other improvements (like the new side clamp)

But I have ocd, I go crazy if someone runs the x0 and x1 scope caps backwards

Because Im a curious little guy ;) feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of the added ring space with the C model, since running the ring backwards eliminates the gained space back to the original sp series, though yes the C does have other improvements (like the new side clamp)

But I have ocd, I go crazy if someone runs the x0 and x1 scope caps backwards
Okay, since you are persistent 😜, when I originally mounted the first S&B, I was concerned about the clearance of the ear over the top of the step in the scope tube for the illumination. In addition, I have no intention of mounting a MRDS.
When I switched optics, I used a feeler gauge to verify that there was clearance and put the scope cap back with the ear facing backwards over the illumination step in the journal.

If I could have found the previous SPUHR model, I would have definitely went with it instead. What’s gained with the new model is really wasted on my use. 🤙

Can anyone with sage green rifle send a few pics? It seems like I can’t find any real life sage green pics of rifles. I have an AT-XC on order in FDE and sage green and need to narrow it down cause I don’t want to buy 2.

Have people found that adding a forend bridge makes the rifle stiffer? I already find the chassis to be very rigid. But the more the merry for picking up trace in the scope.

Midway had a Red AT-X in 6.5CM at good price, impulse buy and now it's sitting next to me.

I always liked angled bag rider, so I can adjust the rifle not only via squeezing the bag, but also by moving the bag front and back. Some quick modelling and this is the first test print. Eventually plan to make this out of SLS printer so it'd be super strong.

1711844409103.png

1711857119198.png

Last edited:
Bag rider came out great on the SLS printer. Now just waiting for metric thread inserts and bolts to arrive. The bottom is smooth enough to easily slide the bean bag forward band backward to adjust height, yet has enough friction to hold the rifle in place how you left it.

1711912109470.png

1711912134781.png

1711912177777.png

Can anyone with sage green rifle send a few pics? It seems like I can’t find any real life sage green pics of rifles. I have an AT-XC on order in FDE and sage green and need to narrow it down cause I don’t want to buy 2.
Late to the party, but here's my sage rifle. The color can be a bit different depending on the lighting.
Screenshot_20240401_102239_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240401_101937_Photos.jpg

Does anyone have a link for that gold Anal bead? (Asking for a friend).

Be strong brother you are not alone. This is a safe space.

Gonna need one of these:

And then any 5/16x24 threaded knob you fancy. I got the brass bead from McMaster-Carr because I wanted something thiccc and girthy.

How did you get the stock knob off?

A little duct tape and some channel locks. I’m not sure why everyone is so dumbfounded by AI bolt handles but they just thread right off like everything else.

Bag rider came out great on the SLS printer. Now just waiting for metric thread inserts and bolts to arrive. The bottom is smooth enough to easily slide the bean bag forward band backward to adjust height, yet has enough friction to hold the rifle in place how you left it.

View attachment 8385795
View attachment 8385796
View attachment 8385798

I just got all the hardware for final assembly and put the bag rider on my webstore, both angled and flat shapes are available, in grey and black: https://dotechne.com/rear-bag-rider-accuracy-international/

Reactions: Part Timer