• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Europtic has border-patrol length AICS, or was I hallucinating LOL
for those of you with any interest in short barrels, any interest?

Cool to see them finally in the field if thats legit.
Tikka stuff...better late than never I guess.

The only "Border Patrol" spec is the actual rifle itself with the short forend. The short forend AICS chassis has been out for quite some time now. It was designed mainly for rimfire rifles with shorter barrels.

But, LE prefers shorter forend for short barrels with suppressors. We've been using the short AICS for several department builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
Got my hinge and taller mount. Now if the ATF would get moving on my can I'd be set.
1000005980.jpg

Nice - I stripped one of the screws trying to take the low action rail off trying to put the high rail on....what kind of apes put those on?
I think the screw heads are soft and loose. I bet it didn't even take much force to strip. On advise of this thread I didn't even bother with the hex heads and tapped a T15 bit into the hex head and then they backed out without any issue.

Did you machine up an adapter to use the Q stock? That looks fantastic.
This is with the high rail and a short top bridge. I left the bag rider on the stock. It’s about 1.6 oz so not much to it.

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    463.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4228.jpeg
    IMG_4228.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4229.jpeg
    IMG_4229.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4231.jpeg
    IMG_4231.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4232.jpeg
    IMG_4232.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4234.jpeg
    IMG_4234.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 163
Nice! Could you have made it fold right and still go over the bolt handle?

Nice - I stripped one of the screws trying to take the low action rail off trying to put the high rail on....what kind of apes put those on?
I didn’t think about switching the rail. I had a spuhr but it was 1.18 and barely cleared the bridge so i grabbed a arc mount in 1.5 off the px. I couldn't stomach 500 bucks for another spuhr.

I think the screw heads are soft and loose. I bet it didn't even take much force to strip. On advise of this thread I didn't even bother with the hex heads and tapped a T15 bit into the hex head and then they backed out without any issue.
saga continues, a reverse cutting screw extractor broke.. Still need to get this one out. Probably drill time...

saga continues, a reverse cutting screw extractor broke.. Still need to get this one out. Probably drill time...
Heat is also your friend. The combo of pot metal screws, metric hex and the threadlocker, euates to stripped screws. I stripped the first one, but removed after tapping a T15 torx into it. Last screws I heated with small butane torch, tapped the T15 into and they came out pretty easily.

Reactions: goatboy and BurtG
Heat is also your friend. The combo of pot metal screws, metric hex and the threadlocker, euates to stripped screws. I stripped the first one, but removed after tapping a T15 torx into it. Last screws I heated with small butane torch, tapped the T15 into and they came out pretty easily.

Thankfully AI listened to the feedback and replaced the flat head screws they had used for years with much stronger (i.e larger wrench size) cap head screws, somewhere in the AT-X gen 3 series. Mine came out easily, despite the threadlocker, with no sign of stripping and no heat required.

Wasn't able to move it, best I got was being able to grind the stump of the extractor down flush to the screw head. Time for a machinist/gunsmith. Anyone have a good recommendation for someone in Northern Virginia?

Wasn't able to move it, best I got was being able to grind the stump of the extractor down flush to the screw head. Time for a machinist/gunsmith. Anyone have a good recommendation for someone in Northern Virginia?
Bugholes isn’t that far

Are the days of the $4250 AT- X finished? I was out of work a couple months ago when they were in stock at Mile High and so I couldn't swing the purchase. Now that I can afford it it appears they are out of stock. If anyone has a line on a black or tan in 6.5 Creed please shoot me a pm.

Are the days of the $4250 AT- X finished? I was out of work a couple months ago when they were in stock at Mile High and so I couldn't swing the purchase. Now that I can afford it it appears they are out of stock. If anyone has a line on a black or tan in 6.5 Creed please shoot me a pm.
you and everyone else.

I think there may be one remaining AT-X on the exchange forum, but you'll have to dig back a month or two - it had no barrel and some dings on the side and was around $3600.

Ever since SHOT the market seems to have dried up quite a bit. IIRC there's been a total of 3 AT-Xs on Gunbroker in the past month.

Wait for the AT-XC's to start shipping and buy a used one. I will likely sell mine for somewhere in that price range once I have the new AT-XC.

I'm genuinely curious why you'd dump your AT-X for the AT-XC.

What are you seeing that makes you think it would be a worthwhile upgrade?
I'm willing to bet if the bolt lift is noticeably lighter lots of AT-X owners will be dumping them for the AT-XC. Better to sell it before the market dips a lot. AIs have been overpriced for the feature set for a long time so paying over $2k more for hundreds of dollars worth of accessories and a lighter bolt lift would be par for the course for a typical AI owner.

Reactions: olive drab
I'm willing to bet if the bolt lift is noticeably lighter lots of AT-X owners will be dumping them for the AT-XC. Better to sell it before the market dips a lot. AIs have been overpriced for the feature set for a long time so paying over $2k more for hundreds of dollars worth of accessories and a lighter bolt lift would be par for the course for a typical AI owner.

LOL sadly you're right. I bought mine last summer for $4300. I can't imagine selling this and paying the difference for the new version.

Do we even know how much lighter the new bolt lift will be?

I wonder if AI would be able to update current bolts in use...

How bad do you think the fire sale dumping will be? labradar bad?

LOL sadly you're right. I bought mine last summer for $4300. I can't imagine selling this and paying the difference for the new version.

Do we even know how much lighter the new bolt lift will be?

I wonder if AI would be able to update current bolts in use...

I'll be curious to see a side by side. If it's only as much of a change as the AXMC to ASR was, it probably won't be worth it for most folks....

@AXMC

It isn’t. It’s the same feel as an AXSR.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I will sell my gen1 AT-X for an AT-XC when they are available in Australia. The slimmed down action. 6 action bolts, WSM bolts :eek: and lighter bolt lift have my attention.

Had my AT-X next to the AXSR last week on the bench, trying to feel the difference between bolts... The AXSR is easier to manipulate but isn't groundbreaking.

Reactions: Brym427
How bad do you think the fire sale dumping will be? labradar bad?
lol, noooo.... Labradar only survived as long as it did because it was the only well-established commercial/affordable radar chrono available. Very different situation. Just a guess but I think a good condition AT-X will hover around $3.5-4K with little accessories or $4K or more with lots of accessories. Could be less but I doubt it will be more because once a few used AT-XCs hit the market the AT-X will take another hit. I don't think it will be long before there are used AT-XCs on the market either since it didn't take long at all for used AT-Xs to hit the market after it's release.

So you can't tell a difference between a new(ish) AT-X and a new(ish) AXSR? I say new(ish) for both because it's hard to know how well broken in a used rifle is.
you can tell a little bit but it isn’t huge. I don’t think anyone that has an ATX will say the new C is night and day different. And honestly I’m not sure it’ll be anything noticeable over a well broken in ATX.

Reactions: jzerfoss
I think the used at-x market will be like the AT market when the at-x came out. And the desert techs a1 market when the a2 came out

Price will be far down for a while. Then will climb back close to or at the previous price

So far seems like every AI has rebounded from the immediate price drop after a replacement came out. Except the pre-14 AX's. They still seem to be a good deal.

Used ATX values will stay where they are or even increase slightly because no one wants to pay the $7k+ for a new one. Book it.
This is funny because the only people I see saying this is current AT-X owners hoping they don't take a huge lose when they next best thing comes out. They might not dip in price a lot but to say they will increase in price is funny for sure. There has been and still are AT-Xs around for $4kish and $3.5ish without a barrel. I agree some new AT-X owners won't wanna spend $6.5-7K but AI Loyalists have been and will continue to pay that without question.

Last edited:
This is funny because the only people I see saying this is current AT-X owners hoping they don't take a huge lose when they next best thing comes out. They might not dip in price a lot but to say they will increase in price is funny for sure. There has been and still are AT-Xs around for $4kish and $3.5ish without a barrel. I agree new AT-X owners won't wanna spend $6.5-7K but AI Loyalists have been and will continue to pay that without question.

It’s just supply and demand. Simple economics.

New one comes out, no one likes the new price. Supply is there but the demand is not. Sure some agencies and AI purists will pay the money but no one is going to be banging down the door for them considering the used market for current gen ATXs or what you can build a full custom for at this point.

Problem is that the old ATX will no longer be made. Supply dries up but the demand does not… what do you think happens to the price? Just look at ATs and it will tell you all you need to know.

Didn’t say it would be a significant hike but to see the market stabilize where it is currently or end up at $4k plus wouldn’t be the least bit surprising.

Industry professionals rotate through gear...because that's their job
To know and show the latest stuff...

As a "go and show", it's usable life is probably 2-4 years,
and then its replaced with another conversation starter...

The working life of an AI to a .mil or .gov is probably 10-20 years,
civilians are gonna be in-between (if not all over the place...)

Reactions: jbuck88
It’s just supply and demand. Simple economics.

New one comes out, no one likes the new price. Supply is there but the demand is not. Sure some agencies and AI purists will pay the money but no one is going to be banging down the door for them considering the used market for current gen ATXs or what you can build a full custom for at this point.

Problem is that the old ATX will no longer be made. Supply dries up but the demand does not… what do you think happens to the price? Just look at ATs and it will tell you all you need to know.

Didn’t say it would be a significant hike but to see the market stabilize where it is currently or end up at $4k plus wouldn’t be the least bit surprising.
Not like it's a different rifle... The AT-XC is the AT-X with minor "improvements" and they are making you buy the accessories. Well it will be interesting to see which way it goes. No one likes the new price but I still think there will be plenty of people willing to pay it. Leupold and NF scopes win matches and kill animals but people still pay for ZCO and TT because people are willing to pay a lot for little improvements.

Industry professionals rotate through gear...because that's their job
To know and show the latest stuff...

As a "go and show", it's usable life is probably 2-4 years,
and then its replaced with another conversation starter...

The working life of an AI to a .mil or .gov is probably 10-20 years,
civilians are gonna be in-between (if not all over the place...)

My favorite AI is 10 years old now. It's a '14 AX with a new small FP bolt along the way. I cannot imagine anything I've seen would be a upgrade.