• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Finally got time to disassemble it to get to the trigger to adjust

1. Unscrew the grip
2. Unscrew the 2 screws (aligned with barrel) in the stock, remove stock and there are another 4 screws expose when you pull out the stock, unscrew them also and remove the small piece.
3. loosen the black QD (cross bolt) mount behind the trigger (I think that is what it is)
4. Once here the "lower" is held to the rest of the chassis by a screw behind the grip screw and the single screw in front of mag well front wall.

This allows you to remove the entire lower of the chassis to adjust the trigger (first stage travel was horrendous). There are 2 hex tools in with your trigger bag that came with the rifle.

Once you remove the lower you can access the trigger. To remove the barreled action you have to go further, i didnt.

Last edited:
Finally got time to disassemble it to get to the trigger to adjust

1. Unscrew the grip
2. Unscrew the 2 screws (aligned with barrel) in the stock, remove stock and there are another 4 screws unscrew them
3. loosen the black QD (cross bolt) mount behind the trigger (I think that is what it is)
4. Once here the "lower" is held to the rest of the chassis by a screw behind the grip screw and the single screw in front of mag well

This allows you to remove the entire lower of the chassis to adjust the trigger (first stage travel was horrendus). There are 2 hex tools in with your trigger bag that came with the rifle.
Ive seen some replies here saying the light spring was installed when they got rifle. Did yours have light or regular spring installed?

Reactions: deersniper
Would like to see a better picture of elite sand
C3009A3E-64F6-4993-8020-DD03263D9752.jpeg

I'm a big fan of grey. Grey house, grey boat, grey tattoos.. im liking that grey elite sand. I'm a fan of "sniper grey".

Reactions: Patriots1884
Yeah....I'm hoping they make the actual gray they teased a while back (confirmed not to just be Elite Sand if I recall correctly) a standard color!

Inquiring minds want to know...how's that mag catch attached? It doesn't appear to use the standard cross pin unless it's then blended off flush and done before cerakote.....is it some sort of hanger attached inside the magwell?
Thanks!

I’m excited for this rifle as my First AI as I think it’s the first one released with the features modern enough for todays styles of shooting, yet rugged enough as it’s essentially the same rifle as an AX other than the trigger that may be slightly less reliable.

Is the elite colors (black and sand) a much more durable coating? If so I think most would pick one of these two colors over the others.

When are these rifles expected to be released in any reasonable quantity? Any ETA on folding hinge kit?

I’m buying this rifle as it has AI ruggedness but can still be used for practical shooting off a tripod or bag and can double as a hunting rifle. It’s price is also finally comparable to a full custom rifle.

That said, until AI makes a 12+ round mag they can’t be taken seriously for PRS style competitions. That’s just a fact. Nobody is willing to give up a mag change for a 12 rounds stage.

That said, until AI makes a 12+ round mag they can’t be taken seriously for PRS style competitions. That’s just a fact. Nobody is willing to give up a mag change for a 12 rounds stage.
I can’t tell if you’re serious. AW mags hold 11. Add a 2 round holder and just toss one on top of the mag and away you go to 12. I’ve never been handicapped with AW mags.

First match I shot with the atx I cleaned the whole match, which included a 20 round double mover stage in 105 seconds.

yes I’m serious. Any serious top level shooter is not going to “toss one on top” when they can have a 12 round mag for a 12 round stage. There’s a reason you don’t see AIs winning golden bullets.

No offense but if you cleaned an entire match, the match was a joke. This has never been done in any sanctioned PRS match to my knowledge. Someone came within a point one time but it’s never happened.

yes I’m serious. Any serious top level shooter is not going to “toss one on top” when they can have a 12 round mag for a 12 round stage. There’s a reason you don’t see AIs winning golden bullets.

No offense but if you cleaned an entire match, the match was a joke. This has never been done in any sanctioned PRS match to my knowledge. Someone came within a point one time but it’s never happened.
No offense taken. It was a borderwars sanctioned match with cof written by a competent MD. Plenty of quality shooter in attendance.

I’d argue the reason you haven’t seen any AIs winning prs seasons is because prior to the atx, the chassis haven’t been all that conducive to shooting alternate positions.

Last prs match I shot I won the skills stage shooting the atx. I’d have to go check but pretty sure I was at least 6 seconds faster than the next shooter.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
Not saying the ATX doesn’t make a great match rifle because I believe the exact opposite. My point was just that if AI wants to be taken seriously in this comp community this rifle is a great first step, but a 12-14 round mag must follow before the top level PRS competitors consider using them as their primary match rifles. The custom builds simply have better trigger options, better mag options, and lighter bolt lifts. The bolt lift isn’t a big deal but the trigger and mag is quite important. This new comp trigger that comes standard was a huge leap for AI in the comp world I think. If they come out with a reliable 12+ round mag I think you’ll see these flying off the shelves and at way more PRS matches.

All that said I clearly thought it was a nice enough rifle to purchase myself. But I’ll take my Impact, MDT ACC, tac sport pro, any day over a factory AI rifle for competition. In fact I’m selling my back up rifle (same build) as above and replacing it with the ATX in the event god forbid my rifle fails (hasn’t happened yet in thousa

Reactions: hic28
Has anyone tried using a 12 round AICS in an At -X

Appreciate it “shouldn’t work” but will it ,,,

I made a 12 round AW mag. Isn't hard at all to do. All u need is a universal area 419 extension and a Dremel with a cutting wheel bit. Very little follower spring tension but it has never not fed 100%. The AI eats em up.
Very interested in some pics if you wouldn’t mind. PM if you don’t want to clutter this thread. Thanks

While I don't doubt the equipment makes SOME difference at the top, a lot of it is 'culture' related. People want to shoot what the top shooters use. Like the EAA Tanfo in USPSA. You get a outspoken brash spokesperson and suddenly everyone wants on the hella cool bandwgon.

You want everyone to use an AI in PRS? Find a young up and comer, sponser them and splash their name on shooting rags everywhere.

I doubt the EAA was any better than a big CZ or even a glock equipment wise. Everyone BELEIVES its the equipment.

Ignore those 1000s of rounds of training....

While I don't doubt the equipment makes SOME difference at the top, a lot of it is 'culture' related. People want to shoot what the top shooters use. Like the EAA Tanfo in USPSA. You get a outspoken brash spokesperson and suddenly everyone wants on the hella cool bandwgon.

You want everyone to use an AI in PRS? Find a young up and comer, sponser them and splash their name on shooting rags everywhere.

I doubt the EAA was any better than a big CZ or even a glock equipment wise. Everyone BELEIVES its the equipment.

Ignore those 1000s of rounds of training....

Pretty true to some degree.

People love following the crowd. The Impact hype was a perfect demonstration of that. Lots of people got into Impacts because of the hype and the PRS shooters using them, though no one's shooting improved by getting an Impact.

There are great shooters that can and do use AI's to great effect in PRS matches. AI's have done very well in some PRS matches, however there isn't a lot of people shooting AI's, so you don't see as many on the leaderboard. However, in some places you'll be in the minority if you don't shoot an AI - go to a match in South Texas for example to see what I mean. Lots of great shooters there, and AI's certainly aren't holding them back.

While I contend that AI's aren't optimized for PRS type shooting, the new AT-X changes that. I think we will see a lot more shooters in PRS styled comps getting AI's with the release of the AT-X. AI makes a great product - people recognize that. Now that they are catering to a specific market, more people in that market are going to be using AI's.

Reactions: JakeM
Last I checked, I never gave a f* what the top shooters in the PRS/ NRL are doing.

AI isn’t going to cry cause the top shooters of a series/ league aren’t using there rifles.

I don’t mind losing points at a match because previous chassis, weren’t meant for comps like the more popular ones you see. Or because I was ‘stuck’ with 10 round mags (can actually fit 11 lol).

Sacrificing points running the gear that I want, is easy to do.

@generalzip All love though Steve 😘 I’ll let you mess with mine if you’re going to the AI Classic.

Now let’s get back on track. Black sure does look good

C71D1A80-5751-43E5-B3DA-C940E386F849.jpeg

12 mags have never ever made a difference. I couldn’t care less about a 12 round magazine, be proficient with your gear and a mag change is easy. The black looks good @NoLegs24 so does the elite sand

Attachments

• B9537EE5-0B8B-4CE5-B450-6B6B87B578CD.jpeg
    B9537EE5-0B8B-4CE5-B450-6B6B87B578CD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
12 mags have never ever made a difference. I couldn’t care less about a 12 round magazine, be proficient with your gear and a mag change is easy. The black looks good @NoLegs24 so does the elite sand
How can it not make a difference if it’s faster than throwing a round in from a quiver? It does make a difference and I’m sure there is a big market for 12 round AW mag and I’m sure you guys would be buying it too if it does come out. @tomirwin please make the mags

How can it not make a difference if it’s faster than throwing a round in from a quiver? It does make a difference and I’m sure there is a big market for 12 round AW mag and I’m sure you guys would be buying it too if it does come out. @tomirwin please make the mags

I saw J.R. run a 12 round/12 target stage with an AI AX with 10 round mag and hand feeding the last 2 rounds, clean, and the fastest run on that stage out of the whole field of shooters. Won $1000 for that stage as well.

Like i mentioned earlier in the post. If you want a 12 rnd AW mag right now, you can make one in about 4 minutes with a dremel and a universal Area 419 extension.

Reactions: kthomas
All this mag talk is cool… but has anyone gotten a Dark Earth ATX from Euro at all? Inquiring minds want to know when the rack of DE rifles that AI showed off about 3 weeks ago will start showing up. 😬

Great
All this mag talk is cool… but has anyone gotten a Dark Earth ATX from Euro at all? Inquiring minds want to know when the rack of DE rifles that AI showed off about 3 weeks ago will start showing up. 😬
Great question. hoping any day now

I saw J.R. run a 12 round/12 target stage with an AI AX with 10 round mag and hand feeding the last 2 rounds, clean, and the fastest run on that stage out of the whole field of shooters. Won $1000 for that stage as well.

Like i mentioned earlier in the post. If you want a 12 rnd AW mag right now, you can make one in about 4 minutes with a dremel and a universal Area 419 extension.
I’ve seen a homeless guy shit faster than I ever have in the street. Doesn’t make it better.

To be clear you’re trying to say there’s no time advantage to running a 12 round stage with a 12 round mag vs running it with a 10-11 round mag? Do you actually believe in that statement?

Can you run a 12 round stage with a 10 round mag? Yes of course. Is it ideal? No it is not. My only point was that it seems AI is taking several
Steps to enter the PRS market more aggressively (this rifle release, lighter trigger, etc). However if they REALLY want to compete with the customs out there and gain an even bigger following they need to make a 12+ (ideally a 15 round since DS) mag.

As for the comment about the impact craze… it was warranted. It was a step change in quality and durability in a 700 style action. They are that good and there’s a reason a lot of top guys use them. Is there some politics involved? Sure, there always is. But don’t let that take away from the fact the quality and durability of the Impact action design got it to where it is today.

I’ve seen a homeless guy shit faster than I ever have in the street. Doesn’t make it better.

To be clear you’re trying to say there’s no time advantage to running a 12 round stage with a 12 round mag vs running it with a 10-11 round mag? Do you actually believe in that statement?

Can you run a 12 round stage with a 10 round mag? Yes of course. Is it ideal? No it is not. My only point was that it seems AI is taking several
Steps to enter the PRS market more aggressively (this rifle release, lighter trigger, etc). However if they REALLY want to compete with the customs out there and gain an even bigger following they need to make a 12+ (ideally a 15 round since DS) mag.

As for the comment about the impact craze… it was warranted. It was a step change in quality and durability in a 700 style action. They are that good and there’s a reason a lot of top guys use them. Is there some politics involved? Sure, there always is. But don’t let that take away from the fact the quality and durability of the Impact action design got it to where it is today.
Disagree on Impact. Definitely not a "step change". There are other R700 patterned actions that were around before Impact that have every bit as good of quality and durability.

Don't necessarily disagree on 12 round mags, however there's ways to remedy that if you so chose. But I agree, 12 round AW mags would certainly sell.

Disagree on Impact. Definitely not a "step change". There are other R700 patterned actions that were around before Impact that have every bit as good of quality and durability.

Don't necessarily disagree on 12 round mags, however there's ways to remedy that if you so chose. But I agree, 12 round AW mags would certainly sell.
Name one please.

Here's and FDE off some rack, sure does look nice. Should probably try shooting it one of these days.

Attachments

• 20211116_181002.jpg
    20211116_181002.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 217
I can assure you I wouldn’t buy a single 12 round AW mag. Again be proficient with your gear and a 12 rd mag argument is null and void

I can assure you I wouldn’t buy a single 12 round AW mag. Again be proficient with your gear and a 12 rd mag argument is null and void
Mehhh, take 2 equally proficient shooters on a limited time stage the one that doesn't have to change mags or pull from extra round holder will always be faster. Nothing wrong with practicing mag changes but high capacity mags win every time with everything else being equal.