• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Just received notice that my rifle has arrived in Canada, but supplier is saying that the magazine is unique to the ATX, is this correct or will double stack AI mags from my AT work?
cheers
An AX mag is what you will receive with the rifle, and they are slightly more secure due to the front lip...but AW mags (from your AT) will fit and work just fine.

Just received notice that my rifle has arrived in Canada, but supplier is saying that the magazine is unique to the ATX, is this correct or will double stack AI mags from my AT work?
cheers
Ai ax mags are what you use in it. All the mags with part numbers 6677 are the mag you have. Some have other characters with the part number and that designates the color of the mag only.

Reactions: Lonely Raven
Thanks for that.
What I bought and runs like a champ!
Screenshot_20220115-085336_Gmail.jpg

Having run AX mags in the AX for quite a while I can attest that there is no discernible difference in running them with 308 parent based cartridges. If you are running 6BR parent case cartridges I would use AX for the additional support up front. Just my personal experience. Yours may differ.

Additionally, the AW mags will move if loaded into something or sitting on top of a bag. The AX mags lock up tight.

Just reading the description on the Canadian importers site, looks like we will get a piece of pic rail with the rifles in Canada.
anyone received there’s yet to confirm?
80880FA4-C030-4BDF-8C36-4C3E9AED35BA.jpeg

Thanks
I’ll receive mine next week and post what is included with the rifle here in Canada.

Just reading the description on the Canadian importers site, looks like we will get a piece of pic rail with the rifles in Canada.
anyone received there’s yet to confirm?
View attachment 7785613
The accessory rail with flush cup is not included with the AT-X and the butt spacers are also not included.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

You know you have a winner when you can sell a rifle that you can’t even attach a sling to it or clean it conveniently without having to pay a premium for additional parts and accessories.

And I still bought one!!!

Congratulations Tom

So mine is feeling a bit front heavy. It balances about 3 keyholes from the magwell. Just added the brake mount and supressor (wouldn't want @Huskydriver to think I'm uncivilized) so I imagine that is going to increase. Has anyone else 'solved' this. Its not really a problem, I just read about everyone bragging about balance and with the barricade stop at the magwel, trying to bring the center of gravity back a little bit.

Maybe as I get better this isn't really a problem.

So mine is feeling a bit front heavy. It balances about 3 keyholes from the magwell. Just added the brake mount and supressor (wouldn't want @Huskydriver to think I'm uncivilized) so I imagine that is going to increase. Has anyone else 'solved' this. Its not really a problem, I just read about everyone bragging about balance and with the barricade stop at the magwel, trying to bring the center of gravity back a little bit.

Maybe as I get better this isn't really a problem.
Have you mounted a Vortex Razor yet ? :)

You know you have a winner when you can sell a rifle that you can’t even attach a sling to it or clean it conveniently without having to pay a premium for additional parts and accessories.

And I still bought one!!!

Congratulations Tom
I get you on the cleaning aspect, but who's attaching a sling to these rifles?? I know Im not!

I get you on the cleaning aspect, but who's attaching a sling to these rifles?? I know Im not!
I will eventually. Its not a huge issue especially with the "keymod" system--I know its not keymod technically but you get the drift.

Plus seriously on the cleaning? Allen wrench and go? Its not THAT bad.

Reactions: ATC4USMC
Well, really, it’s just the hilarity of it.
I look at my other AI’s, my desert tech, customs in McMillan and Foundation stocks, basically every rifle I’ve ever owned and they all have the basics to mount a sling, picatinny bipod etc included in the purchase price.

Yet AI get to bring this well thought out and exciting new rifle to the market with the standard features excluded, but offered as add ons, and yet it’s sold out and guys are lined up to buy them.

It’s in no way a deal breaker for me

I just find it kind of funny.

Very keen to hear more about the Tikka chassis.
Might finally be able to get an AI in 223, well look like an AI atleast....

Ummm..the Gen 1 extends. Like a dumbass, I added spacers to the rifle (had extra ones from my AI-AT) without even thinking about it, and then put it up in the gun rack. As I was sitting at my desk in my office, I looked over at the rack, and saw the two screws on the buttstock. Well shit. Got out a wrench, and sure enough, it extends. So, took the spacers back off.

Ummm..the Gen 1 extends. Like a dumbass, I added spacers to the rifle (had extra ones from my AI-AT), and then put it up in the gun rack. As I was sitting at my desk in my office, I looked over, and saw the two screws on the buttstock. Well shit. Got out a wrench, and sure enough, it extends. So, took the spacers back off.
We’re joking around at AI’s expense since we’ve been waiting for the guns and accessories. To be fair, they did estimate EOY 2021 when they did their livestream—but it looks they had the hinges and asr stocks done for a while.

That’s not the hinge. That’s an actual ASR stock on it. Gonna be a lot of pissed off people if that comes with he chassis but not the actual rifle. 😂😂😂😂
It’s a prototype and we used whichever parts we had in order to test it. The Tikka AICS versions are not yet ready for sale but will be after we complete testing. This is only a month away.
The Tikka, REM 700 and AT-X Gen 3 rears will all have a thumbscrew adjustment for cheek piece and LOP. An example is on show.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Will all of us waiting for a rifle in “Batch 2” get the thumbscrews? The suspense is killing me…. 🤦‍♂️
The second production AT-X in the USA will have the same rear as the first production.
It will be the third production run which has the thumbscrews. That is not the only change. It is a completely new rear end and is also compatible with the AICS versions just being released or about to be released.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

@tomirwin I assume first and second production runs are convertible to the new third production run AICS version for parts continuity between systems?

Or will there be completely different / independent systems for Gen 1 + 2 and 3?

@tomirwin I assume first and second production runs are convertible to the new third production run AICS version for parts continuity between systems?

Or will there be completely different / independent systems for Gen 1 + 2 and 3?
The new thumbscrew adjustable rear is compatible with the first two production standards. We wanted to get the AT-X into production as early as possible and the first designs had the rear with two screws for cheek piece and LOP.
All AT-X rifles and AICS is easily fitted with a hinge which can be ordered now as an aftermarket accessory.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

The new thumbscrew adjustable rear is compatible with the first two production standards. We wanted to get the AT-X into production as early as possible and the first designs had the rear with two screws for cheek piece and LOP.
All AT-X rifles and AICS is easily fitted with a hinge which can be ordered now as an aftermarket accessory.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
What’s the price point for the Gen 3?

Will the Tikka chassis be available in the UK similar time frame as the US?