• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Any word on the price point for the chassis? And availability on the 700 model since you only mentioned the Tikka version?

So, do I have this correct? I ordered an AT-X last year, paid in full in advance (EO), still haven’t received the rifle, ordered and paid for a hinge still on backorder (EO). And now you are introducing a new updated 3rd generation AT-X before fulfilling your current orders. Wow, I thought only Sig did this kind of stuff. Oh well, I will still be excited to get the rifle. I just feel a little duped.

So, do I have this correct? I ordered an AT-X last year, paid in full in advance (EO), still haven’t received the rifle, ordered and paid for a hinge still on backorder (EO). And now you are introducing a new updated 3rd generation AT-X before fulfilling your current orders. Wow, I thought only Sig did this kind of stuff. Oh well, I will still be excited to get the rifle. I just feel a little duped.
Yes. That's why I canceled my order and will wait till it's all sorted out or buy a used one. It amazes me the AI's out there with less than a thousand rounds on them.

Yes. That's why I canceled my order and will wait till it's all sorted out or buy a used one. It amazes me the AI's out there with less than a thousand rounds on them.
Seriously considering just flipping my FDE when it arrives.
The more you think about the roll out and the way they are already talking about other gens and the better options for people buying the just the chassis the worst the taste in my mouth gets.

It just comes across as a “take it or leave it” mentality towards the consumer.

Plus the accoutrements that should of been as standard they are now displaying at SHOT for an additional cost with nowhere in North America to obtain them from.

But if you buy a Gen 3 they will be built in.

Just doesn’t sit well with me.

Just bought the one ATx from Wolverine yesterday and now the gen3 comes. Oh well….

No you don't have it correct, they are making minor changes between each run.

I'd have thought people would be happy they were making minor changes to the design as they become apparent.
I guess continuous improvement isn't a good thing....

Yea... being an early adopter and missing some of the small polish items socks a little

But

What's the price for the "3rd gen" going to end up being in comparison....

I’m just annoyed that, if you can just use an asr back, why can’t it be on the market now? This makes no sense to me. Love the gun, would like it I could have someone use it or adjust it without an Allen wrench.

Also, the allen wrench in the buttstock only changes the comb angle or depth but isnt the same size as the one for the LOP or comb height—this is a wild oversight.

The
Seriously considering just flipping my FDE when it arrives.
The more you think about the roll out and the way they are already talking about other gens and the better options for people buying the just the chassis the worst the taste in my mouth gets.

It just comes across as a “take it or leave it” mentality towards the consumer.

Plus the accoutrements that should of been as standard they are now displaying at SHOT for an additional cost with nowhere in North America to obtain them from.

But if you buy a Gen 3 they will be built in.

Just doesn’t sit well with me.

The only difference between Gen 3 and Gen 2 is the rear with single thumbscrews for cheek piece and LOP adjustment. This was a feature we identified and feedback from the market, primarily Sniper’s Hide members, reinforced our change. We had to design, develop, test and introduce into production before we could offer it.
The 2022 AT-X retail price is $5,250 which includes the new rear end and inflation, which is significant.
An AXSR rear and hinge would have pushed that price point way up and that is why we do not offer them as standard.
We are offering a great rifle at a competitive price and continually improving it.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

The only difference between Gen 3 and Gen 2 is the rear with single thumbscrews for cheek piece and LOP adjustment. This was a feature we identified and feedback from the market, primarily Sniper’s Hide members, reinforced our change. We had to design, develop, test and introduce into production before we could offer it.
The 2022 AT-X retail price is $5,250 which includes the new rear end and inflation, which is significant.
An AXSR rear and hinge would have pushed that price point way up and that is why we do not offer them as standard.
We are offering a great rifle at a competitive price and continually improving it.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
is an axsr rear end still in the cards?

So @tomirwin next batch of rifles shipping from AINA are going to be this Gen2 now? Are you still working with any Gen1's shipping in 2022?

I'm assuming I can swap my AT-X butt stock with an AICS AXSR chassis butt stock?

Gen IV is going to be so badass ! You chumps will be chomping at the bit to pay thru the nose for all the extra features. Mile High are taking pre-orders now.

Reactions: Lonely Raven
I'm curious on a couple of points.

I put a deposit/pre-order on one at MHS. From the discussion above, should I assume that it'll be a G2 when it ships?

Second, I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on the short vs the long bridge for the AT-X.

Especially since the early adopters are the ones funding the new changes
You do not understand how much design, development, test and setting up for production costs. Profits from production do not come with first years of production. We are still investing in the AT-X and AICS versions.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

You do not understand how much design, development, test and setting up for production costs. Profits from production do not come with first years of production. We are still investing in the AT-X and AICS versions.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
Tom,

Thanks for continuing to chime in and give updates. I know it seems like you’re in some crosshairs here, but I personally appreciate the input. At the end of the day I’m just a dude with money burning a hole in my pockets cause I want something right now. Lol. But all in all it’s a fantastic rifle and you’re putting out great stuff.

Thanks.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
I’m not here to debate you or discredit you. I absolutely understand what goes on in the business environment. I’m not talking about profits. I’m talking about the exchange of goods and money between you and the customer which in-turn motivate your company to use the revenue received to invest back into the continuous improvement of the product.

Nothing I said was incorrect about the early adopters purchasing your products which in-turn goes to the business making more capital investments. Aka the early adopters helping fund those continuous improvements but not receiving any of the improvements. I never once said they entirely fund it. I never said you guys are making profits of them. I never said any of this is easy.

I understand that it’s a frustrating situation where a business wants to put out an incredible product under difficult constraints and it being the first iteration of the product. It’s also frustrating for the customer as well.

I think we all understand this and that is why you’re willing to reply to these threads. None of this is easy.

@tomirwin appreciate the chiming in and updates. Really, I’m just ribbing AI because I’m spoiled by faster product cycles. Glad you guys are putting out product with improvements.

On that note, you know what would be great? A voucher for a discounted asr buttstock for early AT-X buyers—just the bag rider and pic rail/qd (stuff attached on early product photos and not mentioned in the copy) cost subtracted from the rear end msrp. ;) If you really wanna be generous you can even subtract the hinge cost.

The

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
@tomirwin First of all thanks for putting up with our turd chucking (of which I did participate). It definitely was worth the wait.

Will the thumbscrews be available to upgrade our early models (I don't know if its a simple screw swap or not--I know we have double screws, and I was just going to swap out with some thumbs of my own)? It would be a nice to have.
Otherwise despite my griping about black being last...its a helluva rifle and a great way to join the AI fanboy club.

Now about the SAUM/PRC, and 223 Bolts.... :cool: .
Put me on the waiting least at least!

I did the same thing. I am keeping my AX. Didn't need an AT-X but wanted one anyway. I can wait. First world problems.

Reactions: Stoweit
I was in the same boat. I actually emailed Milehighshooting to order one of the blue models that was told was in stock. Got a email returned saying that they didn't have any and where taking orders at this point. So I was pretty disappointed when I seen that Milehighshooting.com changed the status to instock a couple days later. I had already picked up a new ARC Rifle at that point though.

Again I can't complain, but it left a sour taste and made me decide to wait until all this gets sorted out.

Until then I'll have to make do with my AX and AXSR.

I was in the same boat. I actually emailed Milehighshooting to order one of the blue models that was told was in stock. Got a email returned saying that they didn't have any and where taking orders at this point. So I was pretty disappointed when I seen that Milehighshooting.com changed the status to instock a couple days later. I had already picked up a new ARC Rifle at that point though.

Again I can't complain, but it left a sour taste and made me decide to wait until all this gets sorted out.

Until then I'll have to make do with my AX and AXSR.
Mile High has had blues in stock since January 3rd

Not according to them.

Screenshot_20220119-103048_Gmail.jpg

I'm not sure why they responded they didn't have any. They definitely 100% lost out on a sale because of it. I picked up a ARC Archimedes rifle a few days later with the $$ I had earmarked for the AT-X.

So @tomirwin I ordered an FDE ATX from EO on 12DEC21 and was told it would be shipped JAN/FEB. What GEN am I going to get?

So @tomirwin I ordered an FDE ATX from EO on 12DEC21 and was told it would be shipped JAN/FEB. What GEN am I going to get?
I ordered an FDE from EO in October and was told I’d be lucky to see it by March. One thing I have found with this process is there is absolutely zero consistency in information given between AI here and EO. I’ve resigned myself to the fact it will come when it comes, but that’s just my observation.

I ordered an FDE from EO in October and was told I’d be lucky to see it by March. One thing I have found with this process is there is absolutely zero consistency in information given between AI here and EO. I’ve resigned myself to the fact it will come when it comes, but that’s just my observation.
Buy a blue today and cerakote it. Same price as waiting with the rate increase to $5250. Bonus you get it within the next week.

Buy a blue today and cerakote it. Same price as waiting with the rate increase to $5250. Bonus you get it within the next week.
I got an LE price when I ordered and honestly have no desire to Cerakote a new rifle. I’ll take the old price and just wait. I’m not bitching about not having it. Just noticed the inconsistencies and commented on them. It will get here eventually.

This is the crux of the problem. There is a lack of transparency between AI, Mile High, EO, and the paying customer. There doesn’t appear to be any bashing of the product or the mentioned businesses. However, it has been very difficult to get a consistent and straight forward story on this product.

This is the crux of the problem. There is a lack of transparency between AI, Mile High, EO, and the paying customer. There doesn’t appear to be any bashing of the product or the mentioned businesses. However, it has been very difficult to get a consistent and straight forward story on this product.
They got us by the balls. They know we want it and they know we’ll still pay for it. That’s why we get to make fun of them on the internet because it’s all we can do. 🥲

Is there anything else that's changed from gen2-3 other then thumb screws? I see a lot of complaints over the change but curious as it surely couldn't just be over having to use an Allen key?

I’m officially seconding the notion of a free hinge upgrade for us AI fanboys who blindly order the latest AI offerings, sight unseen, with no thought of cost or fear of regret.

Do the right thing, and give the poor saps who bought Gen 1 a free hinge adapter

I’m officially seconding the notion of a free hinge upgrade for us AI fanboys who blindly order the latest AI offerings, sight unseen, with no thought of cost or fear of regret.

Do the right thing, and give the poor saps who bought Gen 1 a free hinge adapter
Man, I already ordered it.

Yeah, I agree. This is my second AI. Waited 10 months for it to arrive. Just don’t want to wait this whole time just to get an old model. I have no problems paying the extra.. I mean shit, what a couple hundred more on a 5k rifle?

In Tom's defense--what he has said is what actually happened. I was one of those grumbling based on people's rumors here. Tom said we will deliver all 1st round prod by end of 2021. I was one of the last but it shipped late Nov 2021.

Everyone else is full of crap. Including me. He mentioned when second round orders would be delivered. I don't remember it off the top of my head, so rather than guess wrong hit the search button and find his post. (its in this thread)

As to in-stock: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA . If pre-orders and deposits are being taken, for future delivery, why in all that is holy would ANYONE have one in stock. There is a waiting list. Get on it.

Or don't, but don't expect to see one on the shelf. They are spoken for.

Reactions: Hegre
In Tom's defense--what he has said is what actually happened. I was one of those grumbling based on people's rumors here. Tom said we will deliver all 1st round prod by end of 2021. I was one of the last but it shipped late Nov 2021.

Everyone else is full of crap. Including me. He mentioned when second round orders would be delivered. I don't remember it off the top of my head, so rather than guess wrong hit the search button and find his post. (its in this thread)

As to in-stock: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA . If pre-orders and deposits are being taken, for future delivery, why in all that is holy would ANYONE have one in stock. There is a waiting list. Get on it.

Depends on what color you want. I could buy one right now that is sitting on the shelf.

Reactions: Darkside-Six

Or don't, but don't expect to see one on the shelf. They are spoken for.I’m…..

Um……probably because there are some in stock 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1642631225420.png

Reactions: T-TurtleWang