Supporter
Supporter
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
MN (Frozen tundra)
So while we are talking about consistent barrel changes check this out:

I zeroed my latest .308 tube this past weekend. I want to know the sight offset for my 6.5cm tube. I put it on and torqued the quick lock screw.
This is the 5 shot group I got:

View attachment 7601819

first round was low the next four fell into a group .1 mil left. I haven’t shot this barrel in a while. IIRC this barrel has always thrown the first one low.

Before heading home I put my short .308 back on and torqued the quick lock screw. I fired 5 more rds through it to confirm all was well and that my zero was good. This is what it looked like:

View attachment 7601824

I can’t complain.
What do you torque to. Just curious. I know AI says 55 others have said they do 60.

Luvman

PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2003
Northern KY
What do you torque to. Just curious. I know AI says 55 others have said they do 60.
I use a 6NM fixit stick limiter which is 53 in lbs. AI recommends 5.5NM (49 in lbs)

I shopped around and found a fixit stick kit and torque limiter aimed at the bicycle market.

ETA: My shifts between barrels has always been consistent and less than 1 mil windage and less than 1.5 mil elevation. I was shocked these 2 were so close.

Last edited:

abn31c

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Soo, for those of us that pre ordered, does anyone have any idea when these might ship?
Thnx

• Haha
Reactions: NoLegs24

abn31c

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Seems like a more accurate “window”. But even from AI on their social media pages I’ve seen everything from April to May and now June.
Meh, I knew when I put the deposit down it would most likely be fall, anytime sooner would be a bonus.

Peter Laurvick

‘Merica!
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2017
Jacksonville, NC
LOLOL. The hurt feelings would be real. Nah, jk.

It's in hibernation. Got the NF ELR on my mind right now. It'll come out for the SH Team Challenge though
Man I’d even run my own barrel. Got one on hold at MHS. I’m down to my last 100 bullets for my 6.5 Grendel for matches right now lol. Drastic times

NoLegs24

Wheels
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Man I’d even run my own barrel. Got one on hold at MHS. I’m down to my last 100 bullets for my 6.5 Grendel for matches right now lol. Drastic times

Man, you're hurtin for a squirtin huh?

It's a pre-pro. Meaning, it's under my observation at all times. And my time isn't cheap...

tomirwin

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    I will give you my latest update on first deliveries of the AT-X. JUNE 2021
    Any date other than June was wishful thinking and not said by me. Q2/2021 was always the targeted date for deliveries from AI.
    I can also tell you that accessories to include long and short bridges as well as weights will also be available in June. Accessories cannot be ordered yet but I will let you know when they can be ordered.
    Tom Irwin
    Accuracy International

Rory_Fritz

Thing 1
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 11, 2017
    I will give you my latest update on first deliveries of the AT-X. JUNE 2021
    Any date other than June was wishful thinking and not said by me. Q2/2021 was always the targeted date for deliveries from AI.
    I can also tell you that accessories to include long and short bridges as well as weights will also be available in June. Accessories cannot be ordered yet but I will let you know when they can be ordered.
    Tom Irwin
    Accuracy International
    Is there a chance that the chassis will be available in that same timeframe for those of us who have an AT?

tomirwin

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Is there a chance that the chassis will be available in that same timeframe for those of us who have an AT?
    At this time my best estimate for AICS is Q4/2021 and no later. I will be able to give a better timeframe next month. We are not taking orders for AICS right now, just rifles. Regarding the AT replacement chassis, it might be a possibility in Q3. We have to deliver AT-X rifles already on order. Again, I will know next month.
    Tom Irwin
    Accuracy International

pineoak

Assistant Minion
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 15, 2017
    North Carolina
    AT is beyond proven, AT-X has only been pre-production tested.

I get they're the same action, but something to keep in mind.

AI fanboys feel free to flame away.

Reactions: M8541Reaper

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    PNW
    glad its june, been spending my $$ on ar15 and 10s with the WH change. :)

Peter Laurvick

‘Merica!
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 4, 2017
    Jacksonville, NC
    We are at the machining stage of the first production and it will be another month before components are Cerakoted.
    After that, rifles have to be assembled so it will be the end of May when we can take photos. I will get them posted when we do.
    Tom Irwin
    Accuracy International
    If I understand correctly, everyone with one pre-ordered is getting them in that same first batch correct? It’s not going to be a two part thing where depending on when you pre-ordered you may not get one that first batch? Correct me if I’m wrong

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    NY
    I would imagine that would be dependent on your dealer, not AINA. They are selling you the rifle not AINA.

If I understand correctly, everyone with one pre-ordered is getting them in that same first batch correct? It’s not going to be a two part thing where depending on when you pre-ordered you may not get one that first batch? Correct me if I’m wrong

tomirwin

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Production deliveries to our two distributors, Euro Optic and Mile High, will start in June and continue through July and August for the first production orders. Deliveries will be weekly or biweekly depending on receipt of components to AINA.
    The second production run will follow the first so once we start first production deliveries, we plan to maintain a steady flow.
    When you receive your AT-X will depend on our distributors and color as components will be Cerakoted in the most efficient way as far as color is concerned.
    Tom Irwin
    Accuracy International

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    PNW
    Am going to get my bartlein carbon wrapped sent to MHSA and chamber in 6 GT I think. Was going to get it in 6CM but a AI 6CM came up and bought it instead.

Defender3

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2010
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Am going to get my bartlein carbon wrapped sent to MHSA and chamber in 6 GT I think. Was going to get it in 6CM but a AI 6CM came up and bought it instead.
    I agonized over the caliber choice between 6CM, 6BR, 6 Dasher and 6GT. I read posts and blogs, etc., etc., and finally decided on the 6BR. I've been looking for factory ammo as well as sourcing components, I just need some Lapua brass and I'll be GTG. Lapua brass with a CCI 450, ~30.5grs of Varget topped with a 105 Berger seems a good starting point.

Reactions: Peter Laurvick

Peter Laurvick

‘Merica!
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 4, 2017
    Jacksonville, NC
    I’m just worried about feeding issues with the BR family. I see a few options for magazine spacer kits for the AI AW mags but I’ve not heard of perfect feeding for any of them. They’re definitely pickier than a 6 Creed or a .308 for sure but also much easier to load or tune. Probably my second barrel out of it I’ll swap to a 6BRA or Dasher with Alpha brass

blbennett1288

Waymaker
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Apr 24, 2017
    Hoover, Alabama
    Any 6BR parent case cartridge you are going to need to run AX mags with the HRD Gear 6mm magazine adapter. I have over 2000 rounds through mine with multiple AX mags and zero issues. Plug and play.

Reactions: Peter Laurvick

Defender3

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2010
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I’m just worried about feeding issues with the BR family. I see a few options for magazine spacer kits for the AI AW mags but I’ve not heard of perfect feeding for any of them. They’re definitely pickier than a 6 Creed or a .308 for sure but also much easier to load or tune. Probably my second barrel out of it I’ll swap to a 6BRA or Dasher with Alpha brass
    Any 6BR parent case cartridge you are going to need to run AX mags with the HRD Gear 6mm magazine adapter. I have over 2000 rounds through mine with multiple AX mags and zero issues. Plug and play.
    I watched the AI Team shoot their 6mms with the HRD kit and no issues. As Blbennett said, I'm going to use the HRD and not look back.