• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

@LC 6.5 Shooter definitely shouldn't do that. Once it hits the 'wall' at the end of the first stage, it should be crisp with no movement before the mechanism releases the firing pin.

We had some issues with the AX / AT competition triggers shifting over time, needing adjustment but the AT-X' have been solid out of the box.

Let us know how you go man

I sent the video to AI and they said it definitely shouldn’t be doing what its doing. Will be shipped to them today. Ill provide an update when I get it back. Never dealt with AI but so far they have been responsive, apologized for the inconvenience and said it would be taken care of.

It took a month or so for me to get mine back from them, but they indeed will get you taken care of no doubt. I spoke to one of the guys at their shop, ironically the day the new one shipped out, and he told me what they found with my trigger and the cause of failure.

It took a month or so for me to get mine back from them, but they indeed will get you taken care of no doubt. I spoke to one of the guys at their shop, ironically the day the new one shipped out, and he told me what they found with my trigger and the cause of failure.
They told me it would be a week

That's good man! Glad they're getting you squared away

Attachments

• A7D78E1B-E791-460D-BBA8-EBFE27515FEE.jpeg
    A7D78E1B-E791-460D-BBA8-EBFE27515FEE.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 188
Chassis will arrive tomorrow. Dropping a Rem700 223 into it and I want a continuous top rail. I have an AI scope rail for the action. Gonna have to play around with options to see how to run a top rail the whole way.

But forreal, you'll have to get a grip that has it incorporated into it as there really no where to put one unless you drill and tap it for the thumb rest from GCP.

Curious to see if the height over bore is the same for the chassis as it is the rifle

Wish I could report on that right away, been waiting for my barreled action for four and a half months, hopefully it actually gets shipped out in the next two weeks. If no one gets you those details by then, I'll happily send it over to you.

Yeah looks nice. I checked them out the were on backorder. Seems like that thumbrest is in a little better spot

If you go back earlier in this thread there was a guy that made one that mounts using the flush cup/retaining screw.

Don’t think you could use it with the folding hinge/peg though. And to be honest, as most ATX guys will tell you, you don’t even realize you’re not using one after a while. I thought I would hate it, now I don’t pay any mind to it.

Yeah looks nice. I checked them out the were on backorder. Seems like that thumbrest is in a little better spot
The only thing to keep in mind is that the Vertical Crossover grip is pretty short, so the Adaptive Precision grip might be the better option.

You have an accurate scale to weigh that sucker? I'm curious

Negative, but I'll try to buy one on Amazon right now and maybe it'll be here by tomorrow. I could also use it to weigh my wallet before and after I buy this stuff lately as well.

Edit: Scale ordered, should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: jzerfoss and Kline
Maciej,
Who cares about height over bore-is that a Monaco paddock pass in your photo above??

Maciej,
Who cares about height over bore-is that a Monaco paddock pass in your photo above??

Not a paddock pass, although next year that'll hopefully be the plan. It's from the Panorama suites from this past race. Great eye!

IMG_1463.jpg

Reactions: Mrindecisive
Good Morning!
Will this work on the stock barrel? Concern is the inner diameter of the brake to fit over the barrel

Have any of you guys used the ADM ARCA Atlas mount?

Appreciate it, have on on the way-
Mark

Good Morning!
Will this work on the stock barrel? Concern is the inner diameter of the brake to fit over the barrel

Have any of you guys used the ADM ARCA Atlas mount?

Appreciate it, have on on the way-
Mark
Per badger:
Screenshot_20221105-084424.png

So unless you have to have it and are willing to have a gunsmith bore your brake and turn down your muzzle behind your threads...I'd go with something like the Area 419 Hellfire or Hellfire match or APA little Bastard.

I'd also second the recommendation for a RRS Clamp. I really like the SC-ARC
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I may go with the mini FTE with clamp once I measure the barrel, I want something I can take off easily. Will compare the ADM vs RRS, ADM does the same thing. Or maybe the BTC-Pro from RRS.

If you're sold on the FTE style and ADM clamp, go ahead, you can make them work (though you're still going to have to get your barrel turned down even with the mini since the factory barrel is upwards of .90")...but saying they're just as good is false.
The Hellfire/Match and APA LB are just more advanced designs and both can remove quite easily (the Hellfire by hand, the APA with a wrench). Likewise, the ADM clamp is limited by the fact that it can't open wide enough to be taken off a rail and has to be slid on from the end (which is problematic with incomplete rails like MPA). It also doesn't provide the flexibility of Picatinny and R-Lock capability like the RRS does as well.

Anyway, good luck and great choice on the base (AT-X) no matter what accessories you choose!

@5RWill Tempest/ATX is a sweet combo. I have a tempest action in an AXSR chassis. Easily my favorite action. Do you have to remove the grip on that ATX chassis to get to the rear action screw?

• Love
Reactions: 5RWill
Alright, this isn't an exact number since I threw on the MDT grip right after I took the initial pic, but this is what it weighs in at.

Unknown.jpeg

Did it originally come with the ergo grip?
Thanks

If you're sold on the FTE style and ADM clamp, go ahead, you can make them work (though you're still going to have to get your barrel turned down even with the mini since the factory barrel is upwards of .90")...but saying they're just as good is false.
The Hellfire/Match and APA LB are just more advanced designs and both can remove quite easily (the Hellfire by hand, the APA with a wrench). Likewise, the ADM clamp is limited by the fact that it can't open wide enough to be taken off a rail and has to be slid on from the end (which is problematic with incomplete rails like MPA). It also doesn't provide the flexibility of Picatinny and R-Lock capability like the RRS does as well.

Anyway, good luck and great choice on the base (AT-X) no matter what accessories you choose!
Ah, so even the micro clamp has a portion that goes over the barrel? Pretty sure the ADM is 1913/ARCA? I saw the part about the need to slide it off, not a big deal. Ref the RRS BTC-Pro, any issues with the thumb nut and mount moving?

Oh-while we are at it, I have an AT, as I understand these are different mags? So it's AT/AW then AX/AT-X?

@5RWill Tempest/ATX is a sweet combo. I have a tempest action in an AXSR chassis. Easily my favorite action. Do you have to remove the grip on that ATX chassis to get to the rear action screw?
I didn’t but it’s tight i almost didn’t have anything to reach down there. I was more surprised that it fit extremely well. As far as i can tell the trigger hanger and screw aren’t contacting anything. I do think the latch might need adjusting. Loaded 5 rounds in the AW mag and for some reason the tension of the mag against the chassis is pushing the first round on the left down and my tempest is sliding over. 10rds works fine though.

I gotta order a rail now and look into getting the folding mechanism.

Did it originally come with the ergo grip?
Thanks

Yeah

Reactions: 3rdfocal
Yeah. The mini clamp version goes slightly over the barrel and is still limited to .80 or less. I think the only other version is one that uses a jam nut (so not easily removable). Check the ADM again... I'm afraid it's arca only. Personally, I much prefer a lever to a thumb nut and find it much easier and more comfortable to get tight enough.

Also, AT-X can use AT/AW mags or AX/AT-X mags...the front lip may make the AX/AT-X slightly more reliable (especially if the mag contacts a bag/barricade) but both will work.

Reactions: mark5pt56
Been out enjoying mu ATX--any word on retro fitting to thumbscrews on the LOP and cheek risers? OR at least what are the screw sizes and I can do a lil home hack.

Now to figure out a thumb rest....

Yeah. The mini clamp version goes slightly over the barrel and is still limited to .80 or less. I think the only other version is one that uses a jam nut (so not easily removable). Check the ADM again... I'm afraid it's arca only. Personally, I much prefer a lever to a thumb nut and find it much easier and more comfortable to get tight enough.

Also, AT-X can use AT/AW mags or AX/AT-X mags...the front lip may make the AX/AT-X slightly more reliable (especially if the mag contacts a bag/barricade) but both will work.
Ok, Guess I will do the RRS SC-ACC. 419 Hellfire is just wrench tight, so that'll work for removal. I'm waiting on my Nomad 30 to clear, have to explore mount options with the Hellfire?

Pretty cool, started with an AICS, cycled through the AE series and now the AT and AT-X

Nice to hear ref the mags, that helps! Will see how they work and then get those.