Accuracy International AT-X

sjbryan65

Private
Minuteman
Supporter+
Feb 13, 2017
Franklinton, NC
Got my dark earth rifle this week. Have not gotten to shoot it yet, just a lot of dry fire. Is it normal for the trigger shoe to have some side to side wiggle to it?

AXMC

short-throw aficionado
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2017
Did you try tightening the clamp bolt?

desert_impact

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2021
Arizona
Got my dark earth rifle this week. Have not gotten to shoot it yet, just a lot of dry fire. Is it normal for the trigger shoe to have some side to side wiggle to it?
Adjust the trigger to where you want it then clamp it in place using the torque specs in the manual. It shouldn’t move.

sjbryan65

Private
Minuteman
Supporter+
Feb 13, 2017
Franklinton, NC
Did you try tightening the clamp bolt?
Yea the trigger shoe clamp is tight so much so that when I tried to loosen it to move it I decided to leave it where it was in fear of stripping it. Trigger feels great. The wiggle I am referring to is left to right not front to back. Was just wandering if that is normal?

Heffo

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
NSW Australia
The wait is over 🎉🎉

Attachments

• B0422880-E2F9-4FA2-B2E3-9FC531C58FDA.jpeg
    B0422880-E2F9-4FA2-B2E3-9FC531C58FDA.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 250

4O6shootist

It was the wind!
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Sep 5, 2021
Montana
Just ordered an alpha 6gt reamer to cut this 28" heavy comp 7.5 tw hawkhill barrel. Going with the long freebore to run 109-112gr bullets.

just browsing

just enough to be dangerous
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    How heavy is that thing? Looks thick with all the weights, barrel/supressor.
    Ohh she thiccc for sure. Around 27lbs. as pictured, and there’s still space for more… not sure that I’ll go any heavier since I have the balance where I like it and moving the weights forward would make it really front heavy.

Not to mention, the recoil is already non-existent so I think I’m to the point of diminishing returns anyway.

The width of the fore end with the weights/Sidebite was important for me as I did not want to increase the HOB while using a plate. Probably a marginal improvement but it’s exceptionally stable and easy to control recoil configured like this.

It’s hilarious/awesome watching trace with this setup between the flatness of the GT and the weight.

deersniper

What would Burt do?
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Ohh she thiccc for sure. Around 27lbs. as pictured, and there’s still space for more… not sure that I’ll go any heavier since I have the balance where I like it and moving the weights forward would make it really front heavy.

Not to mention, the recoil is already non-existent so I think I’m to the point of diminishing returns anyway.

The width of the fore end with the weights/Sidebite was important for me as I did not want to increase the HOB while using a plate. Probably a marginal improvement but it’s exceptionally stable and easy to control recoil configured like this.

It’s hilarious/awesome watching trace with this setup between the flatness of the GT and the weight.
    How’d you place at the match ?

wcberry

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 17, 2021
    USA
    Question for ATX owners that have thrown the MDT Elite grip on their rifles, are you ordering the standard chassis rifle option or AR option?

The Standard Chassis one is the one made for it, although the AR one will more than likely work too as "The AR10/15 compatible Elite grip has a pocket for the detent spring in the top of the grip for a standard AR10/15 safety and is compatible with these rifles"

Reactions: Maciej

wcberry

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 17, 2021
    USA
    The Standard Chassis one is the one made for it, although the AR one will more than likely work too as "The AR10/15 compatible Elite grip has a pocket for the detent spring in the top of the grip for a standard AR10/15 safety and is compatible with these rifles"

Reactions: Maciej

deersniper

What would Burt do?
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Dude.....I shot that match. Top Gas gun :ROFLMAO:
    I can’t wait to look and see what your hit percentages were lol like the wolf at 1100 or the 33% ipsc at 938

I finished mid pack , was my first 2 day , my 7th PRs match. Bombed a few stages but real happy about cleaning a few and hitting the aforementioned targets

Addicting is an understatement

C9A5B2B6-370F-4024-BDE2-8D133C252DC3.jpeg

The Durk

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jun 12, 2013
    Pittsburgh PA
    I can’t wait to look and see what your hit percentages were lol like the wolf at 1100 or the 33% ipsc at 938

I finished mid pack , was my first 2 day , my 7th PRs match. Bombed a few stages but real happy about cleaning a few and hitting the aforementioned targets

Addicting is an understatement

View attachment 7936582
    That's Mr #104 to you! Still beat a 6.5 gas gun with my little 5.56.

I did get 3/4 impacts on the wolf at that 1100 some yard target on stage 1.

deersniper

What would Burt do?
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    You AI boys that shot the Peterson match did well. Impressive watching back to back impacts at 1120 with that little 22GT. And you could see them… imagine that lol
    Ha. You could hardly see the flasher the mirage was so bad when I hit that stage. 107s @ 3164 get out there pretty well

Steve7

Private
    Minuteman
    Jul 26, 2022
    Germany
    I saw in an AI data sheet (issue feb ’22) two barrel option. 24“ & 26“ long with different threads (5/8x24 and M18x1.5).

Do both barrels does have the heavy competition contour? Or is the longer 26“ a standard AI Barrel?

TheOtherAndrew

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jan 27, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Yea the trigger shoe clamp is tight so much so that when I tried to loosen it to move it I decided to leave it where it was in fear of stripping it. Trigger feels great. The wiggle I am referring to is left to right not front to back. Was just wandering if that is normal?
    @sjbryan65 Ran int same issue with the super tight trigger screw. Talked to MileHigh and all decided just go for it (make sure you have the 2 or 2.5mm allen not an imperial "close" enough); but I think I used a channel lock on allen key while other hand held allen key fully seated and trigger square - it will pop loose you just have to trust.

I read somewhere that ATX had had issues with triggers falling off or moving so Im guessing they decided to torque the piss out of all the new production versions?

sjbryan65

Private
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Feb 13, 2017
    Franklinton, NC
    @sjbryan65 Ran int same issue with the super tight trigger screw. Talked to MileHigh and all decided just go for it (make sure you have the 2 or 2.5mm allen not an imperial "close" enough); but I think I used a channel lock on allen key while other hand held allen key fully seated and trigger square - it will pop loose you just have to trust.

I read somewhere that ATX had had issues with triggers falling off or moving so Im guessing they decided to torque the piss out of all the new production versions?
    Lol. Ok thanks for the info I may give it a try.

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 30, 2014
    Virginia / North Carolina
    We had a hinge party a few months back. Pictures and everything!

Now waiting on version 3!
    All the more reason to get that folding adapter...

My "RARE" original AT-X (with all accessories) should be worth even more than I paid for it soon!

Might be an Ai collectable before long

Stag556

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Feb 10, 2017
    Looks like Gen 3 is shipping overseas.

When does the Gen 2 trade in program start? 😂

Attachments

• 19237DEE-6212-4DA1-8E0A-8A056C6F69CB.jpeg
      19237DEE-6212-4DA1-8E0A-8A056C6F69CB.jpeg
      467.6 KB · Views: 111

Devlin

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 1, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Any suggestions on aftermarket bag riders that you guys like? I'm up in Canuckistan to the north so also on the lookout for someone who ships internationally.

4O6shootist

It was the wind!
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 5, 2021
    Montana
    Any suggestions on aftermarket bag riders that you guys like? I'm up in Canuckistan to the north so also on the lookout for someone who ships internationally.
    Ebay 3d printed, works slick as hell. Sits very low compared to 90% of chassis bad riders, gets me way up off the ground prone. Kinda thinking bout putting small pic rails on the xlr butt stocks and adding the 3d bag rider to them as well.

Reactions: Devlin

NoLegs24

Wheels
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Aug 15, 2013
    San Diego, CA

Checkout Sawtooth Rifles MBR. They’ll have a small batch in stock, end of next week. With a larger batch going out for anodizing.
    Yes, they ship to Canada.

Reactions: Devlin