Accuracy International AT-X

Bravo6niner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
I pre ordered a FDE and Sage Green 700 atx chassis today. They're expecting late Oct, but I just hope to have em by new years! Mile High has a blue atx 700 chassis on the display shelf. I called em asking for the weight on it. Dude came back and said idk 5 or 6 pounds? So no scaled numbers yet. If I worked there that'd been first thing I did when it was opened up.

They weighed one for me and if I remember correctly it was 4# roughly

Reactions: 4O6shootist

adisan77ro

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2022
Cluj-Napoca
Arrived yesterday
V 3 chassis
No feeding issues
Thanks to Sporting Services for this joy

Attachments

• 246da35d-354c-4175-95c3-79976c39c078.jpg
    246da35d-354c-4175-95c3-79976c39c078.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 87b530c5-249b-4645-b6ef-7486835d6f71.jpg
    87b530c5-249b-4645-b6ef-7486835d6f71.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 286f2335-783a-4f27-afc0-78ca8292e49d.jpg
    286f2335-783a-4f27-afc0-78ca8292e49d.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 148
  • c44edc3e-a0b2-4642-b79e-c5544d61461a.jpg
    c44edc3e-a0b2-4642-b79e-c5544d61461a.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    I assume the foreend length is the same as the complete rifle, too long for a 16 inch Vudoo barrel.
    I have the shorter AT-X AICS with a Vudoo V360 in it, perfect length.
    Please excuse the crap spray can paint job, I used it hunting and wanted to temporarily hide the nice blue.
    These 'short' uppers are not compatible with the full length upper rail, only the stubby version.

ATX Vudoo.jpg

phlegethon

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2018
    Please excuse the crap spray can paint job, I used it hunting and wanted to temporarily hide the nice blue.
    These 'short' uppers are not compatible with the full length upper rail, only the stubby version.

View attachment 7971072
    How did you get it?

4O6shootist

F. J. B.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 5, 2021
    Montana

View attachment 7971072
    Looks to be gen1/gen2 buttstock? I believe the production aics chassis gen3 with tool-less adjustable hardware.

AXMC

short-throw aficionado
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 24, 2017
    Hmmm....Eurooptics has this description on their website.
    Looks like they list tooless cheek and LOP...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221006-095407.png
      Screenshot_20221006-095407.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 38
    Reactions: 4O6shootist

Tritiumdials

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Aug 29, 2020
    CONUS
    I hope they do come with tool-less stocks. Good opportunity for those with the earlier versions to swap if one desires to do so.

4O6shootist

F. J. B.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 5, 2021
    Montana

ma smith

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
  • Sep 29, 2020
    Arrived yesterday
    V 3 chassis
    No feeding issues
    Thanks to Sporting Services for this joy
    V3 chassis is already in the wild, what is up with all the features removal?

WTF

edit: Gen3 Features are still in the description, so lets maybe we can hold the pitchforks

Features of the AT-X Chassis:​

• Based off the AT-X Rifle
    • Stock: tool-less length of pull, cheek height, and recoil pad height/cant
    • KeySlot mounting points in the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions
    • Integrated ARCA rail
    • Integrated barricade stop
    • Overcut magazine well for faster reloads

Last edited:

96C

Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    How did you get it?
    Team AI Australia shooter, we represent the Australian & NZ distributor ‘Delta Tactical’.

This is a pre-production sample to generate interest locally and to get more time on the rifle as a trainer to go with the AT-X.

This one has a Gen1 back end, Allen keys required to adjust. Suits me, my AI’s are all the way in / all the way down. They are parts compatible with AXSR / AT-X / AICS SR so you’ll be able to Lego them into whatever format you want.

The chassis is very similar to the AT-X rifle, extremely well made and comfortable. They will be an excellent option for a lot of styles of shooting from NRL Hunter, hunting, LEO with NV bridges and of course PRS.

Last edited:

phlegethon

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2018
    This is a pre-production sample to generate interest locally and to get more time on the rifle as a trainer to go with the AT-X.
    LMAO. Generate interest. I think there is plenty of interest but H&K's rifle division DGAF...

Reactions: 96C

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2019
    A $5K rifle you need to buy a $250 hinge to make it fold, man AI are geniuses.
    What is your point?
    You do know that there are people who buy 100k trucks and still have to pay for gas and insurance on it, or people who buy 100k fishing boats and still have to buy fishing equipment, gas and insurance so they can go fish.

If you can't write the check, don't play the game.

Reactions: Darkside-Six

TheOE800

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    USA
    What is your point?
    You do know that there are people who buy 100k trucks and still have to pay for gas and insurance on it, or people who buy 100k fishing boats and still have to buy fishing equipment, gas and insurance so they can go fish.

Yes I drive a merely $70K car, so I can kinda play the game.

Still saving up for my Cadillac Escalade V though, bud!

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver

Maciej

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2008
    NJ
    What is your point?

Spot on. It's no different than buying one of the nice Apple displays and paying extra for the stand.

I don't mind paying it either, I appreciate knowing there's the option. In my case I don't have a need for the folder, so no harm no foul.

Reactions: AustinP69

4O6shootist

F. J. B.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 5, 2021
    Montana
    Team AI Australia shooter, we represent the Australian & NZ distributor ‘Delta Tactical’.

This one has a Gen1 back end, Allen keys required to adjust. Suits me, my AI’s are all the way in / all the way down. They are parts compatible with AXSR / AT-X / AICS SR so you’ll be able to Lego them into whatever format you want.

The chassis is very similar to the AT-X rifle, extremely well made and comfortable. They will be an excellent option for a lot of styles of shooting from NRL Hunter, hunting, LEO with NV bridges and of course PRS.
    Can you get a height from bottom of arca rail on forend to barrel bore center? Curious if its the same as ai atx. Hopefully so, I absolutely love the recoil tracking due to its extremely low bore height.

mindekei

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 17, 2019
    Just got new barrel for my AT-X (6mm XC). Shoots great.

Made some weights for it and realized that I overdid the weight a bit. 26 pounds now... would like to have it at 22, but well see - maybe with another barrel.

300 rounds later i had only 2 empty feeds from the mags, it was in field conditions starting the stage, so I dont know if I did not racked the bolt all way back, or it was the mag issue.

Now after 1 match, I am focused to prepare it for the next season :)

Question: What spares I should carry with myself to matches, maybe you could suggest some basic list? Longevity of stuff? I am dryfiring quite a bit.

Greetings from Lithuania :)

F7CDBD1D-F889-4758-A53A-384C605C55F7.jpeg

wcberry

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 17, 2021
    USA
    I installed a MDT Comp Brake on my 6.5CM AT-X with OEM 24" barrel. Once installed, the grouplngs opened up. I took it off and they came back to previous. Anyone have similar issues with Muzzle brakes on their ATX?

Maciej

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2008
    NJ
    I installed a MDT Comp Brake on my 6.5CM AT-X with OEM 24" barrel. Once installed, the grouplngs opened up. I took it off and they came back to previous. Anyone have similar issues with Muzzle brakes on their ATX?

That really shouldn't be the case that it adversely impacts grouping. I installed an Area419 brake and my groups are even a little tighter than before, regularly seeing 0.3-0.35 MOA with factory Hornady 140gr ELD ammo.

XikoPlavi

What a drag it is getting old!
    Minuteman
    Nov 4, 2021
    USA
    That really shouldn't be the case that it adversely impacts grouping. I installed an Area419 brake and my groups are even a little tighter than before, regularly seeing 0.3-0.35 MOA with factory Hornady 140gr ELD ammo.
    Same here. I use the hellfire break on mine. I’ve got less than half .moa

Reactions: Maciej

XikoPlavi

Minuteman
    Nov 4, 2021
    USA
    Are you using handloads? Hornady 140gr Match?
    Yes my hamdloads. 135 atip & 136 lapua sceners hpbt. I’m sure it would shoot 140 eldms as good also but the atips are better for long range (consistently). My bartlien stock barrel has a jam length of like 2.910. I have my loads seated to 2.819. So, I’m jumping about 70 thousandths.

Last edited:

XikoPlavi

Minuteman
    Nov 4, 2021
    USA
    I am seeing that AI sis taking orders on ATX with 26” 6mmcm in sage green. Are these the same bartlein made as the originals??

adisan77ro

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 28, 2022
    Cluj-Napoca
    With APA LB Gen 3 = between 0,25 and 0,35 MOA in the worst case, with Hornady TAP 147 ELDM ammunition

Attachments

• L.B. Gen 3 on ATX Barrel.jpg
      L.B. Gen 3 on ATX Barrel.jpg
      158.6 KB · Views: 52
    • L.B. Gen.3 on ATX Barrel.jpg
      L.B. Gen.3 on ATX Barrel.jpg
      120.8 KB · Views: 50
    • LB Gen 3 on ATX Barrel.jpg
      LB Gen 3 on ATX Barrel.jpg
      147.5 KB · Views: 54

XikoPlavi

Minuteman
    Nov 4, 2021
    USA
    Did either of you happen to record what your groups were without a brake?
    Nope but I guess I’ll try it since I have to shoot up virgin cases anyway.

Just shot some this weekend. Had gotten a zco that I swapped on to this ATX and was getting half moa groups the whole time whether it was 41.5 gr of H4350?<or> 42.3 or 42.6.

So I’ll try with break off but can’t imagine it’s gonna be any better.

I guess it’s worth it to see.

Edit: I was happy y with my reloading consistency. I did 5 - 10 shot strings and had SDs of 5,7,9 and 12! Had a couple with ES of 10-12. one ES @ 27

I’m thinking of buying another ATX in 6mm that they are taking orders on

I’m already stocked for 6cm

Last edited:
    Reactions: Maciej and AXMC

Part Timer

Subject Matter Enthusiast
    Minuteman
    Nov 29, 2020
    Alberta
    I mean, you could just buy a barrel for it instead of a whole new rifle? Pretty sure a 60 second barrel swap will be faster than waiting a year for a whole rifle.

Reactions: DJL2

Rcornell27

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Nov 5, 2019
    Question on the ATX AICS chassis that’s coming out, will the bore height similar to the ATX? I have a spare Impact that I was planning on throwing in the chassis if it lowered the height of the bore compared to say the XLR envy pro

just browsing

overkill is underrated
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    Question on the ATX AICS chassis that’s coming out, will the bore height similar to the ATX? I have a spare Impact that I was planning on throwing in the chassis if it lowered the height of the bore compared to say the XLR envy pro

The XLR is pretty close to the AT-X rifle… a little higher, but probably not enough to warrant a change unless you just want the same ergos.

Rcornell27

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Nov 5, 2019
    The XLR is pretty close to the AT-X rifle… a little higher, but probably not enough to warrant a change unless you just want the same ergos.
    I knew it had to be close. Thinking about picking one up from Euro when they come in stock.

Darkside-Six

Trigger Puller.
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Oct 8, 2013
    I see euro optic has AT-X listed now in Sage Green? Any one know when they’re coming out or have any info?

Reactions: The Durk

Darkside-Six

Trigger Puller.
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Oct 8, 2013
    I was told anytime now, I live near there and frequent the store front. That was 2 weeks ago
    Awesome news! I’ve been a bit out of the game for the last few months. Originally wanted to come back to a FDE one but if they’re making Sage green then I’ll go that route.

Any news on the toolless stocks they promised a year ago? Lol.

Rcornell27

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Nov 5, 2019
    Awesome news! I’ve been a bit out of the game for the last few months. Originally wanted to come back to a FDE one but if they’re making Sage green then I’ll go that route.

Any news on the toolless stocks they promised a year ago? Lol.
    They are listed on EuroOptic but at $1500.00 for the AXSR buttstock

Reactions: Darkside-Six

MOUNTIC

Mountic Outdoors: Big Game Hunter
    Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Apr 29, 2017
    Colorado
    MounticOutdoors.com
    I Posted over on the AI pic thread but ES is discontinued across all rifles. Sage green is coming back as a replacement. Current Backorders will still be coming but after that, no more ES rifles.