• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Reactions: XikoPlavi
Now can someone lead me to where they got thier bag riders and I’ll stop posting LOL???
E7160DAA-B443-4E73-BF38-2FD2476E4B1F.jpeg

Reactions: XikoPlavi
To be fair, this looks like more of a mag/ammo issue than an AT-X issue. Modification of a factory mag, albeit reversible, for use with a short BR round.

Have you tried to run this in an AX?

I had the same issue with both my AW mags running HRD kits for 6BRA in my AT. The second to last round would nosedive under recoil. I tried stretching the spring, but ultimately ended up making an anti tilt by cutting the follower and adding a sheet metal tail (mimicking a magpul m4 mag follower).

Reactions: Lonely Raven
More fun with the AT-X. This happened multiple times with factory Lapua 6 BR 105 Scenar ammo and the HRD kits. AX mags.

I’ve tried emailing @Scott Seigmund and calling AI about that other AX mag that didn’t work after they fixed it, no replies.

View attachment 7864265

This is the reason I got rid of my BR and Dasher Barrels…

Would nose dive after 7th round, in 2 AX’s.

HRD’s response to the issue was comical, when it happened a few years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdfocal
FWIW I run a 6BR in my AI without issue. Whole 2 day match PRS fed flawless in dusty ass Arizona. AWs with HRD kit. So it can and has been done. I use those same mags in my Vector in a KRG W3, JAllen, and many other chasis successfully with the BR and BRA.
To be fair, this looks like more of a mag/ammo issue than an AT-X issue. Modification of a factory mag, albeit reversible, for use with a short BR round.

Have you tried to run this in an AX?

FWIW I run a 6BR in my AI without issue. Whole 2 day match PRS fed flawless in dusty ass Arizona. AWs with HRD kit. So it can and has been done. I use those same mags in my Vector in a KRG W3, JAllen, and many other chasis successfully with the BR and BRA.
Fair enough. It just seems to me that there are just as many negative experiences around feeding with the BR variant rounds as there are positive stories, such as yours.

Some guys just get lucky, I guess.

Fair enough. It just seems to me that there are just as many negative experiences around feeding with the BR variant rounds as there are positive stories, such as yours.

Some guys just get lucky, I guess.
I have an Impact that has never had feeding problems with Dasher, BRA, 6.5 CM, 6 CM. And I have an AT-X that really only feeds 308 reliably, or maybe the Creedmoor cartridges from AW mags. And AI is unreachable. I’d like to have this thing work out, but my optimism is fading.

See, I thought one of the big things about AI was that they respond...hmmmm. Im gonna knock on wood for luck.

Reactions: Lonely Raven
See, I thought one of the big things about AI was that they respond...hmmmm. Im gonna knock on wood for luck.
AI isn’t the company that won the British sniper rifle contract against all odds. They’re the company that lost the ASR contract. And it shows. At least HK’s contempt for their customers is tongue in cheek.

The forend is much longer than needed for a non comp rifle. Depending on situation, this can be a hinderance.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Modern tactical applications require the use of long NV clip ons, which require a long forend when used in conjunction with a modern full-size scope.

You could maybe make the argument that AT rifles are more practical for casual, daytime shooting, but that's just not the case for actual tactical applications. Every rifle I've been issued and used professionally (Remington M2010, MSR, and a couple of other specialty bolt guns) use chassis that look a lot more like the AT-X than legacy AT rifles. The design is driven by contract requirements, not style.

Scott, I'm gonna plagiarize a couple of your pictures from Range 37 just to illustrate the point.

The below is a lot harder to do with an AT rifle than AT-X. Note how even with the extended forend length, there is no remaining rail space left up front with the ADUNS and HISS.

Attachments

• 715CD0F7-0026-44D8-89F0-0417646DB2E5.jpg
    715CD0F7-0026-44D8-89F0-0417646DB2E5.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 90BAB096-798C-445D-A08A-5EE2772662E5.jpg
    90BAB096-798C-445D-A08A-5EE2772662E5.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 244
I wholeheartedly disagree. Modern tactical applications require the use of long NV clip ons, which require a long forend when used in conjunction with a modern full-size scope.

You could maybe make the argument that AT rifles are more practical for casual, daytime shooting, but that's just not the case for actual tactical applications. Every rifle I've been issued and used professionally (Remington M2010, MSR, and a couple of other specialty bolt guns) use chassis that look a lot more like the AT-X than legacy AT rifles. The design is driven by contract requirements, not style.

Scott, I'm gonna plagiarize a couple of your pictures from Range 37 just to illustrate the point.

The below is a lot harder to do with an AT rifle than AT-X. Note how even with the extended forend length, there is no remaining rail space left up front with the ADUNS and HISS.

For every example you can give, I can show you a .gov/.mil or agency running an AT or shorter forend.

I also qualified several times that speciality rifles were excluded. Most agencies and other such entities aren’t running a HISS.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
The AT-X just came out. 70% of people on here are still waiting for one. Of course you’ll find more running an AT.

…….I wasn’t referring to the X at all though.

The original comparison was the AT and rifles with longer rails. Even such as the AXSA.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Keep in mind as well, just because a contract asks for it, doesn’t make it practical.

I promise anyone here who works/has worked for any fed/state/local/mil has gotten some absolutely retarded shit that was spec’d on a contract.

Hell, there are current requests for ELR rifles for man sized targets where the hit % is ridiculously low. It won’t be long before people are claiming that’s practical because .mil uses it.

Waiting to hear how a slim long forend hinders anytbing.

The barrel is still way out there. I’m only seeing upside for barrel protection and resting the rifle

This
7DB6B653-380A-459E-86EC-4B428C96472D.jpeg

Was designed by someone very bright and very experienced. Seems if aluminum everywhere and all those other “problems” were a problem he would have done something different

Until your 18 and 20” barrels with can won’t fit.

State/Local don’t require a 24” or longer. Granted, many are moving to gas guns.

Also, Terry will still sell a ton of regular sentinels. Not like he’s tossing out the old design. He’s widening his options.

We are literally arguing over preferences here. I merely gave mine which many share. And I see the other side as well.

308 barrel just came in. The original barrel came off way easier than anticipated, so that was kinda nice.
Top rail is on backwards. The circled end goes to front of barrel. Now, you can do it any way ya want but in case you didn’t realize it’s on backwards

Reactions: Rory_Fritz
Top rail is on backwards. The circled end goes to front of barrel. Now, you can do it any way ya want but in case you didn’t realize it’s on backwards
Shit, you're absolutely right. Thanks for catching that!