• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

I had fine luck running 22GT in AX mags. At first I had to slide the rounds forward so the shoulder interfaced with the rib, but then I sent my mags into AI to be “fixed” and they came back running perfect with GT cases.

Also, for what it’s worth, I’ve been running 12-round MDT AICS mags for the last few days without issue. The feed lips rubbed ever so slightly when I first tried them, but a little polish and they have been buttery smooth ever since. Not sure why guys say that the AICS mags are not compatible with these actions - mine has been utterly perfect. No latch issues or anything whatsoever.
I'll have to try some my arc aics mags in the atx and see how they run. Thanks for heads up on the atx mags. Do you know if they'll tweak aw mags to the new lip geometry or just the atx with front lip? Did they also install the new higher tension follower/spring?

Reactions: BurtG
I'll have to try some my arc aics mags in the atx and see how they run. Thanks for heads up on the atx mags. Do you know if they'll tweak aw mags to the new lip geometry or just the atx with front lip? Did they also install the new higher tension follower/spring?
Not sure about AW mags - I sent in AX mags and they adjusted the feed lip geometry. Didn’t say that it was specifically done for the AT-X or anything, just that mine were “significantly” out of spec.

They did also replace the springs/followers, but I have no way of knowing if they were the “new” style or if they just replaced them. They do seem to have a little more tension on them, but that could just be me justifying why they seem to feed better now.

As I’ve said in previous posts, sending mags in to have them checked is reasonably quick and painless… seems like an obvious thing to do if you’re having any issues whatsoever.

Reactions: BurtG
Not sure about AW mags - I sent in AX mags and they adjusted the feed lip geometry. Didn’t say that it was specifically done for the AT-X or anything, just that mine were “significantly” out of spec.

They did also replace the springs/followers, but I have no way of knowing if they were the “new” style or if they just replaced them. They do seem to have a little more tension on them, but that could just be me justifying why they seem to feed better now.

As I’ve said in previous posts, sending mags in to have them checked is reasonably quick and painless… seems like an obvious thing to do if you’re having any issues whatsoever.
This is the new updated spring/follower on the left.

Attachments

• BF7A0E8A-DBFE-4FAF-9AA8-25383E1C26BE.jpeg
    BF7A0E8A-DBFE-4FAF-9AA8-25383E1C26BE.jpeg
    791.6 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: 96C
Had my first outting with the AT-X getting zeroed. This gun is a cheat code. When I'm doing my part is lays down some serious groups. Even when I'm not doing my part is still groups incredibly well.

Used 140 grain Hornady ELD and Sig 140 grain match ammo.

Looking forward to stretching it out!

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_58_25.021331.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_58_25.021331.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 20230604_145703.jpg
    20230604_145703.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20230604_143118.jpg
    20230604_143118.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 20230604_141338.jpg
    20230604_141338.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 20230604_140731.jpg
    20230604_140731.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_55_18.415975.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_55_18.415975.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_54_00.679973.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_54_00.679973.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_48_25.879044.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_48_25.879044.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_42_13.113628.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_42_13.113628.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_41_06.461692.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_41_06.461692.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_39_43.487014.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-04 22_39_43.487014.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230604_151535.jpg
    20230604_151535.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 126
So I had my AT-X for sale near 6 months and it didnt sell. Gonna keep it now and run a 6mm chamber of some sort. I am fully stocked on 6gt brass. Has anyone experienced feeding issues with gt cases in the atx? It kinda in no man's land between br using hrd kits, and full creed length. Has anyone tried the new atx follower with higher spring pressure and angled ramp with gt cases? I've read where guys are loading the rounds forward to where shoulder is at the rib to get reliable feeding.
Mine nose dives occasionally. Also, the mag that came with it seems to have more feeding problems than other mags I have, but I’ve been leaving about a 1/4 inch between the cartridge base and rear of the mag well, which seems to help a bit..

Are their online instructions to adjust the ATX trigger? I'm finding my gorilla hands could use a little more weight when I'm in matches.

Ran PRS today in the dust and heat and the only issue was the idiot firing the gun.

Getting good MOA groups prone at 1k. My positional shooting might require AI to confiscate the rifle.....

Mine is not like any of my other actions.

First the swept handle and big ass know. Keeps your mitts from smashing into things.

60 degree throw--same as above. Coming from remington the main thing is it gives my hand more room to operate.

Smoothness? Only detectable when dry firing. On the range I can't tell the difference between it and my smoothest action even in slow deliberate shooting.

Run it fast, run it slow, it just runs

People put a lot of stock in bolt lift, smoothness, I can't detect shit between all the brands and I've fingered (snicker) most of the major brands. In fact I felt TL3>Impact in dry fire (SACRILIDGE!)

It's a great selling point in the store--on the range, not so much just my experience

Well, I finally went and ordered my first AI. My new AT-X shipped yesterday from EO, along with my long forend bridge. I've spent the last day reading pages 1-50 and 91-current on this thread, but still have a couple questions for the experienced:

* I should probably add here that this is a fun rifle that will see 99% informal target/steel shooting, and maybe 1% taken out hunting.

1) With the forend bridge... (no rail, just bridge, I run a thermal scope in its own dedicated QD mount on other rifles), will a mount in a 1.35" range give me enough clearance over the bridge, as well as allow me to smash my face down on the cheek piece and still get in the eyebox? I'll be running either a 50 or 56mm objective lens scope. I know 1.5" will work, but is a bit high for my personal tastes...and I think guys had issues getting behind the scopes with stuff in the 1.1" range. If a 1.5" is required for 56mm objective lens scopes, I'm fine with that.

2) For the guys running the AX bag rider, where did you get them? My Google-fu skills find every other bag rider except. If they are just pilfers off of other rifles, I have no problem breaking down and getting something a little fancier.

3) Aside from going into the bathroom and touching #1s together, are there any other secret handshakes that I need to know about when being a member in the AI club?

Thanks in advance.

Well, I finally went and ordered my first AI. My new AT-X shipped yesterday from EO, along with my long forend bridge. I've spent the last day reading pages 1-50 and 91-current on this thread, but still have a couple questions for the experienced:

* I should probably add here that this is a fun rifle that will see 99% informal target/steel shooting, and maybe 1% taken out hunting.

1) With the forend bridge... (no rail, just bridge, I run a thermal scope in its own dedicated QD mount on other rifles), will a mount in a 1.35" range give me enough clearance over the bridge, as well as allow me to smash my face down on the cheek piece and still get in the eyebox? I'll be running either a 50 or 56mm objective lens scope. I know 1.5" will work, but is a bit high for my personal tastes...and I think guys had issues getting behind the scopes with stuff in the 1.1" range. If a 1.5" is required for 56mm objective lens scopes, I'm fine with that.

2) For the guys running the AX bag rider, where did you get them? My Google-fu skills find every other bag rider except. If they are just pilfers off of other rifles, I have no problem breaking down and getting something a little fancier.

3) Aside from going into the bathroom and touching #1s together, are there any other secret handshakes that I need to know about when being a member in the AI club?

Thanks in advance.
I have the forend bridge and full length rail as well but you need the high action rail to correctly line up with the forend bridge. Probably would be able to clip on without it but it drives me nuts

IMG_3511.jpeg

20230507_111724.jpg

I use a Badger C1 1.30" mount, I've since added one of their levels which mounts directly in those two little holes on the mount. I also prefer a height lower than 1.5". It works great for day optic use, very solid. I think you need the high action rail if you plan on using NV or thermal.

The adjustable cheek piece does not adjust super low. Mine is adjusted two (2) clicks up from being bottomed out. 1.18" was too low for me.

20230515_175301.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Sporting services UK has some!

Reactions: diggler1833
I run a 1.35” as well, only downside is I cannot remove the bolt without raising the cheek rest. Find a folding hinge ASAP & problem solved if you need to remove the bolt & it helps with running a cleaning rod.

I'm using 1.5" mount atop a high action rail and using an anarchy outdoors low profile cheek piece at its lowest position to get the rifle closest to neck line with as little head tilt as possible. I have a wide jaw line/bone structure in face, so I always use a jaw weld with low cheek VS an actual cheek weld. I have found this best for straighter recoil pulse and keeping target in view upon recoil management in positional shooting.

Reactions: diggler1833
I run a 1.35” as well, only downside is I cannot remove the bolt without raising the cheek rest. Find a folding hinge ASAP & problem solved if you need to remove the bolt & it helps with running a cleaning rod.
Please hit me up if you locate one, I've had one on back order thru Euro Optics for a bit, was told it will be a while.

Reactions: Dendro
You guys that's are using AXSR butt stocks on the ATX, What's minum length of pull?

Something like this. I could get a quarter inch shorter if I moved my bag rider.

View attachment 8170515
Thanks. I removed the AI butt pad and installed a thin pacmeryer and removed about 1/2", I'm trying to get it closer to 12 1/4 or 12 1/2. Gonna see if I cannot somehow remove the adjustabile butt function on the existing atx butt. I have a folder already which didn't affect LOP at all.

There was supposedly only 1 in stock when I placed my order. Either I got the last, or am one of the first on backorder 😄.

Reactions: Dendro
I placed an order for one 15 mins ago, so we'll see!

I think that means you either took a number two, or got number two.

download.jpeg-35.jpg

If I missed it, then I won't be too sad. It's going to take another couple of months to afford a decent optic to put on my incoming AT-X anyway.

I ordered an AX bag rider at the same time. Definitely not as functional as some of the other aftermarket offerings, but should be serviceable for my intentions.

Man, if there were dealers that had info of such rifles on their websites with videos to go along with it…

We can disregard this thread that only has 101 pages with over 5k comments… Lol
Hey now. It’s my whole legacy now 😂

Does anyone have issues with the safety offering some resistance going from fire into second position?

I just picked up an at-x from eurooptic and it’s brand new. Probably needs some time to break in?

Got my AT-X in today. Man, is that trigger lighter than I expected. Across 10 pulls, it averaged 1lb 9oz as it came from the factory. I was somewhat expecting something closer to one of the Geissele triggers that I had in my ARs for some reason...not even close.

It feels front heavy until you balance it...then it balances perfectly just in front if the mag well. I may play with a couple weights later on down the road.

The elite sand is extremely gray indoors, but has a very slight greenish hue to it out in the sun. I'm perfectly content with the color.

Going to be a while before I get glass for it. I'm also waiting for my hinge and AX bag rider to come in.

At some point I'll take pictures, but for now it looks like every other stock photo of an AT-X in elite sand...

As someone who hadn't ever really felt a AI up, it is a relief to find out that I'm liking it. Dropping that kind of coin on something you only see photos/video of is a pretty big leap of faith.

Who do you call / email and what did you say to them ? I have 4 mags I’d like to get upgraddd.

This mag came in a Gen 3, has the updated follower & spring. It sure would be nice if AI would let us buy the parts to upgrade mags we already have 🧐

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 89
This mag came in a Gen 3, has the updated follower & spring. It sure would be nice if AI would let us buy the parts to upgrade mags we already have 🧐
I thought you email and complain and they upgrade your mags ?