• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Just picked up my first Ai atx. Couple things that I need some clarification on. First the over travel screw is not moving. I’ve tried heating it up without success. Do these come loctited in place?
The bolt that connects the qd socket towards the folder hinge arrived striped out. Is there a part number or what size is it for replacement.
Lastly the bolt lift seems overly heavy. Is that normal or does it just take time to smooth out?
Overly heavy is hard to quantify but they aren’t ever gonna be custom action smooth or light. The overtravel screw should adjust no problem. Contact mile high for questions they can help you.

Overly heavy sounds normal. My action did smooth out a lot to the point of being heavy and smooth.

Contacting MH for the stripped bolt issue is a good approach. 2nd option would be AINA. Either will be able to take care of that.

My over travel screw was easy to turn and I don't believe it had loctite on it from the factory.

that over travel grub screw is so tight to the point ever with heat I’m worried about stripping. Could that be something covered under warranty or something?

Had to move on from papa Smurf. Was fun while it lasted but needed something different. Just went to black for time being, but rest assured it will only be a base for rattlecan master race.

IMG_9337.jpeg

Also testing out a new fluting pattern on the new 6.5x47 tube. Really adds a level of eliteness to this gun IMO.

IMG_9336.jpeg

Last edited:
Had to move on from papa Smurf. Was fun while it lasted but needed something different. Just went to black for time being, but rest assured it will only be a base for rattlecan master race.

View attachment 8189860
Also testing out a new fluting pattern on the new 6.5x47 tube. Really adds a level of eliteness to this gun IMO.

View attachment 8189848
Need to match the flutes to the scope mount

Some info, a person can get the LOP way down on these if you're willing to get a lil creative. I removed the adj but pad by fully unscrewing the thumb wheel on the pad. Then removed the 2 screws holding the adj butt height capture block in place. Took a pacmeryer 0.5" pad I had laying around from and old project, and used the to ai mounting screws to put it in place. I now have a 12.25", LOP where prior the shortest I could get was over 13". I removed both the gen1 lock screws on cheek and butt, and installed single knurled screws to its tool-less adjustment. I'm average height but in positional shooting from barricades and props I've found a short LOP really helps get steady. Hope this may be helpful for some of you!
View attachment 8183940View attachment 8183941View attachment 8183942
Where did you get the knurled screws and what size. I've searched high and low and couldn't get the right ones, but I was always searching for thumb screws, not being familiar with all the terms

Where did you get the knurled screws and what size. I've searched high and low and couldn't get the right ones, but I was always searching for thumb screws, not being familiar with all the terms
Black Steel Knurl High Step Head Hand Tighten Thumb Screw M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 Curtain Wall Glass Lock Thumbscrew Adjust (M4x20mm(10pcs)) https://a.co/d/7nGWTGc

M4x20mm is the size you need.

Guys, I shot a PRS match this last weekend and the wind was howling. Lots of fine dust blowing around. I had 3 failure to fire out of the 120 rounds I fired. Just click and nothing. No marks on the primers so I am assuming the firing pin wasn't even released. I am guessing that the fine dust blowing around got inside the trigger pack? Looking back at page 99 should I flush the trigger pack with brake cleaner? Or try a different approach?

Reactions: BigSkyRF
Guys, I shot a PRS match this last weekend and the wind was howling. Lots of fine dust blowing around. I had 3 failure to fire out of the 120 rounds I fired. Just click and nothing. No marks on the primers so I am assuming the firing pin wasn't even released. I am guessing that the fine dust blowing around got inside the trigger pack? Looking back at page 99 should I flush the trigger pack with brake cleaner? Or try a different approach?
Flushing the trigger with brake clean is a good idea. I do it every time that I go out just to be safe. While spraying I pin the trigger back and slide my finger off the side allowing it to snap forward. Usually knocks some gunk out.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Anyone convert their ATX to a short mag caliber? Been looking for a second bolt for a while with no luck. Really wanting to convert my ATX to a 7 SAUM but I have a 6BRA barrel that is an absolute hammer and the factory 6.5 barrel shoots very well too. Not sure I want to give those up!

Anyone convert their ATX to a short mag caliber? Been looking for a second bolt for a while with no luck. Really wanting to convert my ATX to a 7 SAUM but I have a 6BRA barrel that is an absolute hammer and the factory 6.5 barrel shoots very well too. Not sure I want to give those up!
Yes, 300wsm and 6.5prc rifles so far. If you are looking I can get you one setup on a new rifle with or without a barrel. I wouldn't mess with a tac driver if yours is one in its current setup.

A second rifle is certainly easier and faster than finding a 2nd bolt. I'd like to convert a second bolt but getting a hold of the bolt is the challenge. I've had a bolt on back order for over a year now.

A second rifle is certainly easier and faster than finding a 2nd bolt. I'd like to convert a second bolt but getting a hold of the bolt is the challenge. I've had a bolt on back order for over a year now.
I even thought about buying another ATX for the bolt and then trying to sell the rest of the rifle. Maybe someone is sitting on a spare bolt and would jump on a cheap ATX?

15 more rounds down the tube today (40 total).

The first 10 inches have significantly less copper than last time (but round count is 15 and not 25). However from 12 - 23 inches it is still pretty heavy.

On the plus: including that almost new barrel CCB shot, my first 5 rounds went into .515". And my zero shifted all of .1 mil low with the barrel removal and cleaning...not shabby.

I'm still optimistic, but maybe a touch jealous of the guys who didn't have to go through this process 😄.
Do yourself a favor and toss that borescope in the trash. Seriously. You created a problem for yourself that doesn't exist. :)

Aw shit! I just pre-paid for an extra bolt last month. They did say it’s very slow to show up. Though it does come in. But goes to pre orders in queue.

Reactions: TylerN
Do yourself a favor and toss that borescope in the trash. Seriously. You created a problem for yourself that doesn't exist. :)

My problem arose from sticking a patch in the barrel after the 4th shot and ruining a cleaning rod getting it out. 😄 Fortunately it gave me an excuse to upgrade that Tipton.

But I agree that more dudes do more harm than good with a borescope.

99% of my use with one is to verify my cleaning. I don't think there's a better tool for that purpose.

Does anyone have a guide for installing the AT-X hinge? I can't find instructions and one of these screws won't budge. I have no idea what I'm missing.

Attachments

• 20230814_170019.jpg
    20230814_170019.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 66
swapping out the standard rail for the high. Does Ai use any loctite on the screws? Does anyone have torque specs as the manual doesn’t have any for the rail?

swapping out the standard rail for the high. Does Ai use any loctite on the screws? Does anyone have torque specs as the manual doesn’t have any for the rail?
They use loktite and shit pot metal, lots of heat and you MIGHT not strip any out. I know when I swapped mine I stripped out two. Luckily there are new screws with the new ai at high rails.

Reactions: BurtG
Anyone shooting 6Dasher in their AT-X? I’ve been shooting 6.5cm all year and want to switch to something 6mm and the Dasher is calling for me. Also what mag kit you guys recommend??

Anyone shooting 6Dasher in their AT-X? I’ve been shooting 6.5cm all year and want to switch to something 6mm and the Dasher is calling for me. Also what mag kit you guys recommend??
My friend is running atx dasher from ax mags utilizing hrd kits.

Yes I am with the HRD mag kit.

Dumb question and I’m lazy, what is the forend length of the ATX chassis, from front of mag well to end of forend? 16.5” bbl is too short, correct?

Use a T15 torx driver bit to remove the low rail. You'll have to tap it down into the screws, but it seems to be the best way to do it without stripping them. I may have used a little heat, but can't remember at this point. Blue loctite for the reinstall.

Dumb question and I’m lazy, what is the forend length of the ATX chassis, from front of mag well to end of forend? 16.5” bbl is too short, correct?
I wouldn’t go any shorter than 18” on the barrel

Wait a minute. You said atx chassis. If you talking the one r700s go in that changes things theee are 2 diff length handguards on that iirc

5FBFC564-4E0B-405E-8213-D3F4351DAEAC.jpeg

I can measure tonight

Reactions: JonKleman