• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

So about colors I’ve talked to Mike High a few times. Everyone that’s seen the red in person says it’s pretty dang nice but I want it for more than just PRS so I didn’t want red. I got Dark Earth. The other colors have to be the same as what they already offer. Only big difference, the action and barrel are black. Only thing with the color is the chassis
Yeah that’s where I thought black butt pad area and grip with the colours doesn’t look as good as the AX etc which all closely matches. Have a S&B in the dark earthy colour was going to put on. I guess with a black Sphur mount may all work with the FDE AT-X.

For those waiting.... looks like May shipping to dealers.
3D0D8699-7639-4F22-9410-016BAE92AE0B.jpeg

@Heffo Order Elite Sand, it's the only color that straight up tells you it's superior to the others.

• Haha
Reactions: Heffo
They are both fantastic. I've purchased all of my Sakos from EO. Decided to spread the love to MH for this AI rig. Already have the MCO in hand, about a three day wait from order to arrival. Great service!

Reactions: JLP83
Any news on the Magnum bolt face release date ??? Can we hope to get it in 2022 ? 😁😁😁

Reactions: pineoak
specs say:
Collapsed Length: 42.75″

can I assume this is without the folding hinge and is the full length with the non-folding stock?

Is that an AT-X in elite sand?

with a burnt bronze NF?

If the AI shooting team is sponsored by NF, are they sponsored by Spuhr as well? or is it just derigueur these days that an AI has a Spuhr mount?

Last edited:
Is that an AT-X in elite sand?

with a burnt bronze NF?

If the AI shooting team is sponsored by NF, are they sponsored by Spuhr as well? or is it just derigueur these days that an AI has a Spuhr mount?

There’s like 3 colors on that rifle. But the chassis portion does look like Elite Sand.

I don’t think they’re having tryouts for the team. Lol.
They’re not the type of guys that would slap the logo on their jerseys if they weren’t. So I’m betting they are.

or is it just derigueur these days that an AI has a Spuhr mount?
Having burned through this thread looking for new ideas over the years, I’ve come to realize that 99.371% of the AI’s here have Spuhr mounts but only 6.489% have accessories mounted. Of the total Spuhr mounts observed, only .3% are the QD variant.

-Top Scientists
Holiday Inn Express
IHG Rewards Division

Thanks Pineoak! I didn’t know if it was allowed that why I didn’t. 👍🏼

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and thanks to everyone at Accuracy International and the Hide. I just released a full length video on the rifle at the range. “X-Ring” on YouTube.
Just watched those both. Very helpful like always 👍. Since you’ve had your hands on it I was interested in the results with the 6 Creedmoor barrel you threw on it. I really don’t plan on using the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel it comes with and already have a 6 Creed barrel on order to ship at the same time as the rifle. We’re the weights in barrels different or the same? You kept mentioning the weight of the 6.5CM barrel it comes with but not how that stacked up to the others (unless I missed it). What’s recoils feel like between the 6CM and the 6 Dasher out of that? Always appreciate your info, and thanks for the help

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and thanks to everyone at Accuracy International and the Hide. I just released a full length video on the rifle at the range. “X-Ring” on YouTube.
Both were great videos, as always. 🍻

...any chance we’ll get to see an AXSR video from you?

Just watched those both. Very helpful like always 👍. Since you’ve had your hands on it I was interested in the results with the 6 Creedmoor barrel you threw on it. I really don’t plan on using the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel it comes with and already have a 6 Creed barrel on order to ship at the same time as the rifle. We’re the weights in barrels different or the same? You kept mentioning the weight of the 6.5CM barrel it comes with but not how that stacked up to the others (unless I missed it). What’s recoils feel like between the 6CM and the 6 Dasher out of that? Always appreciate your info, and thanks for the help
There is a difference in weight and contour. I will weigh them and let you know.

There is a difference in weight and contour. I will weigh them and let you know.
Very interested then because I know there is a bunch of different profiles on the barrel. The video Frank with Mile High made and even yours there was a big mention of how heavy the barrel is. I talked with a gunsmith at Mile High about barrels and profiles specifically for that reason because I don’t shoot 6.5CM so I wanted one I’m 6mm Creed but trying to keep that same contour if possible. Anyways the guys at Mile High told me whatever post 2018 contour on the Win Tac barrels is the same as the factory 6.5 CM barrel. So I have a 24” WinTac 6mm Creed barrel on order. I’m sure it’s not a big deal either way but am curious because I know you have both.

I recall somewhere that the "2018" barrels for AI are a proprietary medium Palma. Curious to know more if the info I can't recall where I read or heard is accurate. (sorry, will edit and update if I remember)

BLBENNET posted this is Nov 2019
"
Pre-2018 is the standard Accuracy International profile, Sendero.

2018 is a heavier Marksman/Palma contour."

What would be a fair price for the stock 6.5 barrel coming off the ATx ?

for those that want to switch calibers and not keep the 6.5 creed

Reactions: pineoak
What would be a fair price for the stock 6.5 barrel coming off the ATx ?

for those that want to switch calibers and not keep the 6.5 creed
I mean it would be factory fired but me personally I won’t shoot it after I get it so the price of an factory barrel shipped without taxes seems fair... but could be wrong. Or I’d trade it for a 6CM or .308 Win Barrel, something I’d use more

Easy enough to watch the classifieds here. I would guess $500-$600'ish. It's a lot of supply and demand. There will probably be a bunch of new/used 6.5cm barrels for sale when the ATX starts getting out there. I picked up a new AI barrel for $600 and was happy to pay that, but seen some go for less.

It depends on if you want it priced to sell quick or wait for the most potential return and hope you get a buyer.

I am in the boat of currently looking to purchase an AT which can only be found with 308 barrels at the moment, so a "new" 6.5 barrel is something I will be likely to pick up.

It depends on if you want it priced to sell quick or wait for the most potential return and hope you get a buyer.

I am in the boat of currently looking to purchase an AT which can only be found with 308 barrels at the moment, so a "new" 6.5 barrel is something I will be likely to pick up.
Well you get that .308 Win Barrel and I’d straight up swap you. A lot of these $600 barrels I’m seeing have 200-300 rounds on them. Which sometimes isn’t a big deal but on some barrel burner calibers I’d say that’s a lot. Idk, anything is worth what someone is willing to pay, but it’s a good barrel at least. I just want to keep balance the same as designed

I don't know him personally, but Krob95 has a .308 barrel for sale at a good price if anyone is interested in picking one up

His Feedback rating is 39 positive

Reactions: Krob95
given the lower bore height, will there be any issues as far as scope rings/scope body needing to be higher to clear the bolt handle or is this a non-issue?

given the lower bore height, will there be any issues as far as scope rings/scope body needing to be higher to clear the bolt handle or is this a non-issue?

Uhm, you do know this is still an AT action with their low rail right? 60 degrees... there’s no mount or rings that are low enough that would have clearance issues with the bolt handle.

Also, if you’re still asking questions on barrel contour and weight, I only gave out specs of the barrel on mine, even Scott chime’d in too.
Page 2...

The action is the same, so the only difference would be pic rail selection. Probably not an issue, but maybe someone can chime in if the story is more complex. In general, the AT-X is working on getting the action (thus the bore height) lower inside the chassis, but IIRC the action itself is unchanged as a stanadlone part.

Edit: poster above beat me to it...

Last edited:
Uhm, you do know this is still an AT action with their low rail right? 60 degrees... there’s no mount or rings that are low enough that would have clearance issues with the bolt handle.

Also, if you’re still asking questions on barrel contour and weight, I only gave out specs of the barrel on mine, even Scott chime’d in too.
Page 2...
But won’t it cause issues running the bolt if it’s lower in the chassis? How is a 60 degree bolt supposed to be able to be moved rearward if it’s lower in the chassis. Won’t the chassis get in the way?

What's with the hole in the scope cover in the X-Ring video at 2:30 mins ?