• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

My ATX with the MKM grip system with thumb shelf, and with the MDT vertical grip.
20211026_171247.jpg
20211026_165842.jpg

Last edited:
The cheek rest also adjust laterally, so you can absolutely fine tune your cheek weld and eye placement. I adjust the cheek rests on my personal guns this way going back to Anschutz/smallbore days. Try it and see you can't make it perfect.

@Scott Seigmund Can you say why AI chose a more angled grip for the AT-X than they did with the AXSR? It seems like most of the PRS style chassis are moving to a more vertical pistol grip. It seems with the AT-X that AI is going a different direction. Not complaining.... Just curious.

Reactions: deersniper
@Scott Seigmund Can you say why AI chose a more angled grip for the AT-X than they did with the AXSR? It seems like most of the PRS style chassis are moving to a more vertical pistol grip. It seems with the AT-X that AI is going a different direction. Not complaining.... Just curious.

Pretty sure at the time of the AXSR development, ergo hadn’t released their vertical grip. So to use a regular ergo and be more vertical, the interface was arranged in such a way to cant the angled grip forward.

Also, the axsr was born from a weapon system solicitation. Generally speaking, that means grips and such won’t be changed out based on user preference. The operator uses what they are given. So the need for universal fitment and customizations like people will want on the AT-X isn’t a priority.

Does the AX Stock Conversion work on this and enable the folding mechanism on the AT-X? Reference item in question:

Does the AX Stock Conversion work on this and enable the folding mechanism on the AT-X? Reference item in question:

No, different attachment method. I'm sure a custom adaptor could be created, but I don't believe one exists currently.

Reactions: Tritiumdials
AT-X and barrel contour question? I have an AT-X on order and would like to have an additional barrel chambered for the AT-X. I have two Bartlein blanks, one is a M24 and the other a Heavy Varmint contour. Will both of these contours work in the AT-X?? Any suggestion for one contour over the other?? This will be my first time having a barrel blank chambered as a pre-fit. Who would you recommend for the work to do an AT-X pre-fit?? Long time shooter but new to this level of equipment and appreciate any help.

Dthomas3523 in post 1092 did a commendable job of answering this question, but I will add some further commentary.

The AXSR/ASR grip interface is basically a standard AR15 interface rotated 10 degrees placing standard AR15 grips in a much more vertical orientation. By the time we were designing the AT-X (which was always focused towards the competition shooting community) vertical grips were being introduced to fit the standard AR15 interface and we felt it was better to stay with the standard non-rotated interface to allow use of many of these newer grip designs.

-Scott

AT-X and barrel contour question? I have an AT-X on order and would like to have an additional barrel chambered for the AT-X. I have two Bartlein blanks, one is a M24 and the other a Heavy Varmint contour. Will both of these contours work in the AT-X?? Any suggestion for one contour over the other?? This will be my first time having a barrel blank chambered as a pre-fit. Who would you recommend for the work to do an AT-X pre-fit?? Long time shooter but new to this level of equipment and appreciate any help.
The AT-X forend will accommodate a barrel of 1.250" diameter with the forend bridge installed so either of those profiles will fit without issue. With the AT-X you may find that you don't need a truck axle barrel profile. We have had amazing performance shooting some very light barrels in 6.5mm to make weight for NRL Hunter matches. You can balance the rifle with weights much more effectively vs putting all the mass in the barrel.

The two nearest rifles in the attached image have two pair of weights just forward of the magazine aperture. These weights at 1 pound per pair also provide an increased footprint when the gun is supported on a bag. The forward weights are for balance tuning. The weights are .5 inches wide and provide a good purchase for "pinching" the rifle and bag together even without a forend bridge.

Any number of reputable shops can thread and chamber you barrel blanks for an AI.

-Scott

Attachments

• IMG_8253.jpg
    IMG_8253.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 229
The AT-X forend will accommodate a barrel of 1.250" diameter with the forend bridge installed so either of those profiles will fit without issue. With the AT-X you may find that you don't need a truck axle barrel profile. We have had amazing performance shooting some very light barrels in 6.5mm to make weight for NRL Hunter matches. You can balance the rifle with weights much more effectively vs putting all the mass in the barrel.

The two nearest rifles in the attached image have two pair of weights just forward of the magazine aperture. These weights at 1 pound per pair also provide an increased footprint when the gun is supported on a bag. The forward weights are for balance tuning. The weights are .5 inches wide and provide a good purchase for "pinching" the rifle and bag together even without a forend bridge.

Any number of reputable shops can thread and chamber you barrel blanks for an AI.

-Scott
Thanks

Can you add weights to the rear of the chassis like on an MPA for example ?

Can you add weights to the rear of the chassis like on an MPA for example ?
The way the gun handles you really don’t need to. The ATX is unlike most other rifles I’ve ever shot in the balancing department. A lot of it has to do with how deep they were able to get the bore center line in the chassis. While it is a bit of a circus trick, there are plenty of videos of Rhett laying the rifle on a barricade and not touching it other than the trigger and getting consistent impacts at distance

-Scott
Keep up the excellent work, Scott. Having owned a few AI rifles in the past and patiently waiting on an AT-X, I’ve got to say thanks for educating along the journey with these rifles.

Reactions: Scott Seigmund
I broke down and sent an email today on where I am in the queue. Waiting to hear back.

Or a GFY Scrub.

Either way
If you call Euro, they will happily tell you where you are in line for the color you ordered. I’m 10th and hoping this shipment includes 10 Dark Earth rifles. 🤞

Word from CS:

The first one to go out was red. Currently we are in the process of receiving the dark earth and shipping them out to customers. The elite sand is next with the blue after that and finally the black.

Its like they know--"Hey the peon ordered black--make sure to screw him hard"

Word from CS:

The first one to go out was red. Currently we are in the process of receiving the dark earth and shipping them out to customers. The elite sand is next with the blue after that and finally the black.

Its like they know--"Hey the peon ordered black--make sure to screw him hard"
Don’t worry, AINA posted some photos of rifles in racks on their Instagram as proof they’re “shipping out to distributors”

Attachments

• 7B72F311-A4EE-4DD7-84BD-2F1F74EBED54.png
    7B72F311-A4EE-4DD7-84BD-2F1F74EBED54.png
    617 KB · Views: 116
Actually black is shipping before blue but they will be very close together regards shipping dates.

Oh boy... I thought I'd have my blue back in August when Tom posted some pics of blue parts and said they would be out by the end of August.

Actually black is shipping before blue but they will be very close together regards shipping dates.

TS customs! Travis Steven is the man he is quick too. I ordered atx in April at same time emailed Travis and bought a benchmark from him and had it chambered in 6 creedmoor and had it in 2 weeks. Still don’t have my atx.

TS customs! Travis Steven is the man he is quick too. I ordered atx in April at same time emailed Travis and bought a benchmark from him and had it chambered in 6 creedmoor and had it in 2 weeks. Still don’t have my atx.