• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AX & AX AICS Photos

SRT_Supply

Sergeant
Minuteman
We've added up additional pages, info, and photos to <span style="color: #CC0000">Accuracy International SRT.com</span> on both the AX rifle system and the AX AICS. Keep an eye out for more details and information coming soon!

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">AX Rifle</span></span>
Click Here for Gallery

AX_Right.jpg

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">AX AICS</span></span>
Click Here for Gallery

AX_AICS_DE_LeftFrontAngle.jpg

Re: Accuracy International AX & AX AICS Photos

Will the AX AICS LA have a new 5rd CIP mag since it doesn't seem to share the 10rd mag from the AX338? (assuming due to double stack on the AX338)

-pd

I was on the fence when it initially came out. I'm now having second thoughts.
blush.gif

which way like or not.

I like the shift from standard nylon to glass-impregnated nylon stock parts.

Now I just want to know when I can get my paws on the new adjustable trigger.
wink.gif

Thats great but when can we the shit????

Rich

Sorry to ruin the party but I don't see here anything impresive or new I only see PGM
I'll stay with the old AI

any idea on the weight?

options?

price estimate for Remington 700 chassis?

Will there be enough clearance for heavier barreled rifles? Or is it based on production diameter barrels?

Cut

You know what the best thing going for AI at this time is????
The strong dollar......

I really like it. However, the grip looks kind of funny. I guess it is supposed to be more ergonomic.

Is there a way to remove the option of the stock folding? That would permit the use of these rifles by Australians. Currently folding stocks are prohibited.

Rath

Yep there will be a fixed stock option.

Such a beautiful rifle. I might be tempted to give up my TRG dreams for one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prbulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance for a left hand rifle? </div></div>

+1287

intersting looking - I look forward to the weight. I have an AICS stock and it is a beast. I have started a weight lifting program to keep up
eek.gif

Will the AX-AICS take a Surgeon Action and other Rem 700 clones? What is the max barrel diameter that the AX-AICS will accommodate?

Thanks
Rath

Not my cup of tea, but I would like to know the price and weight for a SA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, I'll stick with my AIAWSM. </div></div>

1+. I like the current look. I'll keep both of my AIAWs

I wonder how the ergos are compared to the current AI guns? I find my AICS kind of uncomfortable.

I don't like it... I think AI would have been a lot better off going with an AWSM using a four inch action in order to feed very long loaded .338.

10 rounds of factory ammo costs about $70. Besides having rails grafted all over it, that is the only real change. And I won't call it an improvement.

I love my AW... But it doesn't need a big brother like that.

Might get an AWM and put a .300WSM barrel on it.

I like it, ordering a 338LM AX AICS as soon as its available.

Pretty nuts!

Do they have a non-folder available or planned does anyone know?

I cant buy folders in the country

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lookabill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how the ergos are compared to the current AI guns? I find my AICS kind of uncomfortable. </div></div>

I have been behind a few: AE/AW/AWSM/AW50/AX. While I have not shot the AX I did spend some time behind it and I liked the palm swell in the pistol grip and found the butt spike on the AX superior to the AW butt spike. The AX also has a bit of a palm swell on the butt spike housing that allows the shooter to pull the AX into the pocket nicely.

BTW-I shot an AW50 today at 1700 yards and found the rear support leg excellent. Before I shot the AW50 I questioned the rear support leg's efficacy but after making minor adjustments to the rear support leg and repeatedly hitting the target at 1700 yards; I'm a believer.

yep a fixed stock option will be available

What's the weight on these things , I donot like the fact that they have removed a lot of support/protection of the magazine well , by cutting a lot of metal OUT .

Later Chris

Also RE; the full length top scope rail , I fell most civie shooters will not ever use it for the intended function of NV .

Hi although the mag well is cut away, it actually has more material in it than the original in a "I" beam section so it is as strong(stiff)if not stronger.

ChrisF, as bonneville stated, I can assure you there is plenty of support and strength here in the centerbox of the new AX. It has been running for basically 2 years prior to release and as you know the AI respect to durability. To the rail, they are removable and configurable as well, so no locked in NV function. More features and details will be released in near time, but we have a couple of high priority items to full fill first.

As for a "Left Handed model", option for later possibly, primary models first due to shear numbers and demand.

I can't be a customer because of the price range, so my opinion counts very little anyway.

All the AI offerings to date have commanded my respect. This new one looks like more than an evolution, more like a revolution. Maybe I don't really know where to look for it, but I'm having genuine trouble finding a flaw.

I think that maybe a good part of the trouble owners of prior systems are having with the new one is simply that the old ones also work so well.

Greg

To direct response to your comments:
We understand some will and some will not like the AX series, it will be hard to change some long time Legacy AI rifle owners, and we are not trying to convert anyone either. This system is a direct response and requirement for many new military request. As for the longer action vs NEW AX longer, 10rd double stack magazine and highly evolved bolt, our new .338's will accommodate all CIP and SAAMI approved ammunitions.

As for the "only real change", I will directly respond with "there is more to this new AX system than meets the eye in a simple overview". There are several improvements to the action, bolt, chassis and overall system which came from the end users, owners and front lines. So I would say, give it time and a chance both to demonstrate some of these new attributes.

Whats the weight of the AX chassis verse the Old AICS chassis ?

Also the new AX chassis may not be compatiable for using Badger actions , just looking at the metal removed around the mag well area , ok for rem700 thou .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want this one... long action please.

AX_AICS_DE_RightRear.jpg
</div></div>

+1!

To answer some more questions:
1. Weights, I am working on getting this all together but right now, it heavily depends of course on the configuration of the chassis. Will post as soon as I get some more basic and top end numbers.

2. Actions supported: Remington M700 S/A & L/A & clones.

3. Barrel OD support: well the picture of the M700 L/A has a 26" MTU barrel, and the tube is 1.4" ID, it will cover all barrel requirements I believe.

I will be offered later. The basis will be the AW short actions only will be shipped to AINA, old chassis removed, new AX chassis installed, what parts which can be swapped over will be to save the owner some money, the old chassis will remain @ AINA not returned to the customer, weapon will be shipped back completely upgraded and ready to go. Cost, I have no idea just yet, it will be worked on when we get some breathing room.

Unless I'm mistaken, they're Knight's Armament sights.

Nope not mistaken, they are the KAC BUIS for the military contracts. These were installed just like the latest M24 inputs.

I like the sound of the upgrade option for AW owners.

Has any one had a hard look at the AICS AX chassis , in reguards to the positioning of the trigger in the opening ?

It looks all wrong , ie it looks as if it is not long enough ?

Look at how the trigger looks on the AX rifle , and then look for the difference between that and the Rem700 in the AICS AX chassis stock .

Also look at the AW AX & the AICS AX chassis in reguards to the magazine cutout , both are RH rifles , yet on the AW AX the cutout is on the RH side & on the AICS AX chassis its on the RH side ?

Whats the reason ?

Also does the full lenght suppressor of the Covert actually fit under the rail ?

Later Chris