• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AXSR's are HERE!!

How about the magazines for short action cartridges....do those come out anytime soon or will it be in 2021?

That dark earth is pretty sweet, though the elite sand is shinny it's suppose to be a bit tougher. Over time the sand might show wear a bit harder.

Go for the dark earth, who knows when the others will show up. You can always add that 300NM barrel later. :)

Im pretty impulsive when it comes to stuff like this, so I just might....
The DE doesnt look bad at all

Reactions: Btrain
Im curious, I was looking around ether Mile High or EuroOptic today and notice they have replacement barrels for the ASR platform in stock. Would the ASR barrels work on a AXSR?

How about the magazines for short action cartridges....do those come out anytime soon or will it be in 2021?

When I was talking with Mile High a few days ago I believe they said "we were told 3rd quarter so most likely it will be 4th quarter that the SA cartridge mags will be released"

I like it on my ASR :)

20200428_205516.jpg

When I was talking with Mile High a few days ago I believe they said "we were told 3rd quarter so most likely it will be 4th quarter that the SA cartridge mags will be released"

That just SUCKS elephant dick.

They release a LH bolt a year before they release a magazine solution? I'm sure Tom Irwin has a few for his LH. MHS told me 1st quarter when I bought the bolt last November.

Truth be told, no one knows the answer. More than likely, they never will be released...People bitch about H&K CS...give me a break

Reactions: Turbo0321
Looks like they went with the old school safety? Anyone know what made the army choose Barrett over AI?

My name is on the wait list for an Elite Sand AXSR in 300N, but every hour or so I check the EuroOptic Site and each time I see that 27inch 338LM in dark earth is still available the more I want it.
I have the 300WM DE 20in bbl on order and have the same thoughts but want 300prc so I am holding back 😎

Maybe... I'm making the ASR a safe queen for now... Not using any of the kit.. yet :)

It's delayed, same with the new 50 which was suppose to be out nearly 2 years ago.

Here's a link to 2017 shot show talking about the new 50.

Has there been any discussion regarding the chassis being offered for sale on its own?

Last edited:
FYI, You have to pull the rail or remove all the mlok accessories if you wish to swap out the barrel.
Well that’s unfortunate for those that mount a bunch of accessories on the hand guard. I just like the look of MLOK honestly, Is it the same way with keyslot attachments?

Well, we had one in a class today. You can remove the bbl IF the rails are not opposite each other. Top rail not relevant, the bottom rail for a bipod was no problem. As shipped, we had one long rail on the right and two short sections on the left, removing the rearmost short section let me wiggle the bbl out. We had the whole kit, so 308 mags in the box. That was the only issue, other than the trigger comes all the way forward, where an orangutan might like it, but no humans can reach properly.

I thought the comp trigger had pretty poor reviews, though? IIRC, I’ve seen a lot of people on the hide have had their comp trigger go down. And I think Frank hinted that trigger failure due to the new trigger was a big reason why AI lost to Barrett for the PSR contract. Wonder why they stuck with it?
Damn so is it a diff version of the comp trigger?
So my axmc comp and oem triggers are not compatible?
@Huskydriver Nope. I'm sure they kept it the same as the ASR

It has a considerably bigger housing as well as roll pinned, along with the two 4mm screws.

Gents,

I'll address a few of your questions and comments.

Comp Trigger: The Competition Trigger was offered as a replacement for the original AI trigger in legacy rifles. The spring set allows for adjustment under 1.0 lbs. and that trigger has a significant range of adjustment and different spring sets are available. The trigger is intended for people using their AI rifle in tactical competition. Several of those triggers have come back to us for "service". This is typically due to improper adjustment by the end-user. We have reset and cleaned them and I don't believe one has ever come back a second time. All of these low pull weight triggers require extra care and knowledge if they are expected to operate as designed. We have run the Competition Trigger on a lot of different rifles here at AI and never had an issue. We run the comp trigger on our AX50 bench rest guns which are fairly violent in terms of recoil and no problems after three seasons of use.

ASR Trigger: The trigger supplied in the ASR was made by AI. Internally it is exactly the same as the AW/AT/AX triggers with the pull weight set to 2.5 lbs. The housing design changed because the action is entirely new and overall weight and the length is different from the AXMC, and is not bonded to the chassis. This necessitated a change in the trigger housing design.

We submitted three ASR rifles to SOCOM for the trial that started in 2017. One of the three rifles had a trigger that did not maintain the adjustment range and we were eliminated from the trial. Again, that trigger was an AI trigger and that failure is on us.

AXSR Trigger: The trigger in the AXSR is unique to the new rifle, and unsurprisingly we call it the "AXSR Trigger". The pull weight is 2.5 lbs, and the spring set is different from the Competition Trigger. The AXSR trigger was put through exhaustive testing at ADG and several changes were recommended. We worked with Tom Myers at X-Treme Shooting Products to implement the changes. We also wanted greater corrosion resistance in this "production" trigger vs the Competition Trigger and the housing is made from 304 stainless steel and some of the surface treatments were changed on other parts. The workmanship on these triggers is exemplary and they have been extremely consistent in production testing. Like the AI triggers, the AXSR trigger can be adjusted but the range is higher than on the comp trigger.

AXSR 308 Mags: These will ship to our distributors in June. As you might guess, international shipping has been a challenge these past two months and we have management meetings daily to adjust to this situation.

M-LOK vs Keyslot Forends: We will offer the AXSR style forend with RRS interface as a replacement for the AXMC forend tubes. It will NOT be "years" as some have suggested, but it isn't the top priority at the moment. They will be available in 2020.

The ASR and AXSR forend tubes are asymmetric having additional width to provide greater clearance for M-LOC fasteners. Even with added width, we did some rail and barrel profile gymnastics to meet the ASR Pspec for sling attachment in front of the receiver. (see attached pic) It is not possible to install M-LOK rail over the largest diameter of the barrel on the ASR. With Keyslot, you could theoretically run a 1.335" barrel full length and put rail anywhere you want. Keyslot fasteners pull up completely flush with the interior of the tube.

Action Gas Ports: As noted by others, the red disk are dirt/dust blocks for two large gas handling ports as done on the AW/AX50 rifles. This is an operator safety enhancement and acknowledgment that if things go wrong with a 30 caliber round burning close to 90 grains of propellent the gas needs a path of least resistance away from the operator. Yes, we do test these systems to failure and the results with this action have been exemplary.

Old/Traditional vs New: We had the same complaints and misty-eyed longing for the AW when we introduced the AX and AXMC, and we expect the same with the AXSR. This doesn't change the fact that the new rifle is better in every possible way vs its predecessors. Like one of my old friends said about pickup trucks recently, "They don't make um like they use to." To which I replied, "And thank God for that!".

For those that love tradition, we still have the AT. It is a significantly improved AW and the price is in line with most of the custom builds.

ASR/AXSR Grip Interface: The grip interface is rotated 10 degrees placing ANY AR type grip in a more vertical orientation. Keep in mind, the ASR and AXSR are not focused at the competition community. These are first and foremost sniper rifles and the ability to install COTS AR grips is more important than the latest game gun grips. Also, keep in mind when this rifle was in development most of the vertical AR grips were not available.

I will try to check in on this thread and answer the questions that I can.

-Scott

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_4280 (1).jpg
    IMG_4280 (1).jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Gents,

Comp Trigger: The Competition Trigger was offered as a replacement for the original AI trigger in legacy rifles. The spring set allows for adjustment under 1.0 lbs. and that trigger has a significant range of adjustment and different spring sets are available. The trigger is intended for people using their AI rifle in tactical competition. Several of those triggers have come back to us for "service". This is typically due to improper adjustment by the end-user. We have reset and cleaned them and I don't believe one has ever come back a second time. All of these low pull weight triggers require extra care and knowledge if they are expected to operate as designed. We have run the Competition Trigger on a lot of different rifles here at AI and never had an issue. We run the comp trigger on our AX50 bench rest guns which are fairly violent in terms of recoil and no problems after three seasons of use.

ASR Trigger: The trigger supplied in the ASR was made by AI. Internally it is exactly the same as the AW/AT/AX triggers with the pull weight set to 2.5 lbs. The housing design changed because the action is entirely new and overall weight and the length is different from the AXMC, and is not bonded to the chassis. This necessitated a change in the trigger housing design.

We submitted three ASR rifles to SOCOM for the trial that started in 2017. One of the three rifles had a trigger that did not maintain the adjustment range and we were eliminated from the trial. Again, that trigger was an AI trigger and that failure is on us.

AXSR Trigger: The trigger in the AXSR is unique to the new rifle, and unsurprisingly we call it the "AXSR Trigger". The pull weight is 2.5 lbs, and the spring set is different from the Competition Trigger. The AXSR trigger was put through exhaustive testing at ADG and several changes were recommended. We worked with Tom Myers at X-Treme Shooting Products to implement the changes. We also wanted greater corrosion resistance in this "production" trigger vs the Competition Trigger and the housing is made from 304 stainless steel and some of the surface treatments were changed on other parts. The workmanship on these triggers is exemplary and they have been extremely consistent in production testing. Like the AI triggers, the AXSR trigger can be adjusted but the range is higher than on the comp trigger.

AXSR 308 Mags: These will ship to our distributors in June. As you might guess, international shipping has been a challenge these past two months and we have management meetings daily to adjust to this situation.

M-LOK vs Keyslot Forends: We will offer the AXSR style forend with RRS interface as a replacement for the AXMC forend tubes. It will be "years" as some have suggested, but it isn't the top priority at the moment. They will be available in 2020.

The ASR and AXSR asymmetric having additional width to provide greater clearance for M-LOC fasteners. Even with added width, we did some rail and barrel profile gymnastics to meet the ASR Pspec for sling attachment in from of the receiver. (see attached pic) It is not possible to install M-LOK rain over the largest diameter of the barrel on the ASR. With Keyslot, you could theoretically run a 1.335" barrel full length and put rail anywhere you want. Keyslot fasteners pull up completely flush with the interior of the tube.

Action Gas Ports: As noted by others, the red disk are dirt/dust blocks for two large has handling ports as we have done on the AW/AX50 rifles. This is an operator safety enhancement and acknowledgment that if things go wrong with a 30 caliber round burning close to 90 grains of propellent the gas needs a path of least resistance away from the operator. Yes, we do test these systems to failure and results with this action have been exemplary.

Old/Traditional vs New: We had the same complaints and misty-eyed longing for the AW when we introduced the AX and AXMC, and we expect the same with the AXSR. This doesn't change the fact that the new rifle is better in every possible way vs it's predecessors. Like one of my old friends said about pickup trucks recently, "They don't make um like they use to." To with I replied, "And thank God for that!".

For those that love tradition, we still have the AT. It is a significantly improved AW and the price is in line with most of the custom builds.

ASR/AXSR Grip Interface: The grip interface is rotated 10 degrees placing ANY AR type grip in a more vertical orientation. Keep in mind, the ASR and AXSR are not focused at the competition community. These are first and foremost sniper rifles and the ability to install many COTS AR grips is more important than the latest game gun grips. Also, keep in mind when this rifle was in development most of the vertical AR grips were not available.

-Scott

Thank you Scott

ASR/AXSR Grip Interface: The grip interface is rotated 10 degrees placing ANY AR type grip in a more vertical orientation. Keep in mind, the ASR and AXSR are not focused at the competition community. These are first and foremost sniper rifles and the ability to install COTS AR grips is more important than the latest game gun grips. Also, keep in mind when this rifle was in development most of the vertical AR grips were not available.

?? Forgive me I still just dont understand. Having grip modularity was just not a priority as this is first and foremost a "sniper rifle?"
Im certainly not a sniper so I cant speak for sniper's, but even the USMC M40A6 Remington RACS system has this. Its certainly a "Sniper Rifle." Not a game gun grip.

Last edited:
took the words out of my mouth. or just end up like the AX bipod and never happen in the US.

its a good thing

i bought one and had it shipped over a few years ago, wanted to see if it was any better etc

expensive, a mixture of a knock off atlus with the build materials of a knock off harris without the springs

light and pops off easy but for a range day...not the best

Gents,

M-LOK vs Keyslot Forends: We will offer the AXSR style forend with RRS interface as a replacement for the AXMC forend tubes. It will NOT be "years" as some have suggested, but it isn't the top priority at the moment. They will be available in 2020.

The ASR and AXSR forend tubes are asymmetric having additional width to provide greater clearance for M-LOC fasteners. Even with added width, we did some rail and barrel profile gymnastics to meet the ASR Pspec for sling attachment in front of the receiver. (see attached pic) It is not possible to install M-LOK rail over the largest diameter of the barrel on the ASR. With Keyslot, you could theoretically run a 1.335" barrel full length and put rail anywhere you want. Keyslot fasteners pull up completely flush with the interior of the tube.

Action Gas Ports: As noted by others, the red disk are dirt/dust blocks for two large gas handling ports as done on the AW/AX50 rifles. This is an operator safety enhancement and acknowledgment that if things go wrong with a 30 caliber round burning close to 90 grains of propellent the gas needs a path of least resistance away from the operator. Yes, we do test these systems to failure and the results with this action have been exemplary.

Old/Traditional vs New: We had the same complaints and misty-eyed longing for the AW when we introduced the AX and AXMC, and we expect the same with the AXSR. This doesn't change the fact that the new rifle is better in every possible way vs its predecessors. Like one of my old friends said about pickup trucks recently, "They don't make um like they use to." To which I replied, "And thank God for that!".

-Scott

@Scott Seigmund thank you for the information, but I have some additional questions.

1 - You state the AXSR trigger is unique to the new rifle, but are the adjustment procedures on AXSR trigger the same as the Comp trigger?
2 - Do you know when the bolt body for the AXSR will be available for the 308?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Does AI plan on releasing the AXSR in Pale Brown and Sage Green, or will the path forward be with the current 3. Thanks.

@Scott Seigmund thank you for the information, but I have some additional questions.

1 - You state the AXSR trigger is unique to the new rifle, but are the adjustment procedures on AXSR trigger the same as the Comp trigger?
2 - Do you know when the bolt body for the AXSR will be available for the 308?

Thanks.

The adjustment procedure for the AXSR trigger is the same as for the comp trigger. It just won't go as low in total pull weight.

The 308 bolts (and 300 WIN MAG) will be available in Q3. The limited edition ASR kits already have the 308 bolt.

-Scott

Functionally I like the asr's improvements, but why they and some other companies keep machining in an angle to make ar style grips more vertical when they have vertical grips already on the market is beyond me. Engineering around the problem rather than fixing the problem. A.I. should have made their own ar style grips. It could have been epic, guys would be buying their grips to put on their matching AR's. I'm sticking with my AX. Most accurate gun I own.

I'm with you on that. Like the PGW chassis, I can't stand looking at those, the engineers who designed it just seemed lazy. Looks so unprofessional and unrefined. At least this AI looks better then this:

9EE5D8F8-2779-4FF7-9992-C49942CDCC87.jpeg