Accuracy International AXSR's are HERE!!

Silvan

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2017
Texas
I see that 300NM barrel of the ASR kit has 1-8" twist rate, AXSR - 1-9.5".
Will be 1-8" available for AXSR in the future?

Last edited:

Kidster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2019
The adjustment procedure for the AXSR trigger is the same as for the comp trigger. It just won't go as low in total pull weight.

The 308 bolts (and 300 WIN MAG) will be available in Q3. The limited edition ASR kits already have the 308 bolt.

-Scott
@Scott Seigmund any update on when the bolt bodies will start shipping for the AXSRs?

Thanks.

earthtrekker1775

The Prodigal Gun
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
PNW
I am getting a bad case of the "gottahaveits." I love my current precision set up but the AXSR is calling my name. Perhaps a .338 LM or NM with a second 6.5 AXMC barrel. Time to have a yard sale. Of course I could wait until the chassis comes out and put my current rig in one. Decisions, decisions.

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
Naw... I'd just wait it out if I was you :)

20200601_161043.jpg

20200803_151928.jpg

I am getting a bad case of the "gottahaveits." I love my current precision set up but the AXSR is calling my name. Perhaps a .338 LM or NM with a second 6.5 AXMC barrel. Time to have a yard sale. Of course I could wait until the chassis comes out and put my current rig in one. Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: VargmatII

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
Spuhr SP-6602 1.5 Inches and 20 MOA. For a total 40 MOA with AI Rail.

I'd go with the Norma Magnum for sure.

That is just not nice, I am in the middle of buying a house and need to wait until after I move. then it is game on. I would be running my ZC 5-27 as well. What height mount are you using?

PORTSIDE_GUNNER

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Spuhr SP-6602 1.5 Inches and 20 MOA. For a total 40 MOA with AI Rail.

I'd go with the Norma Magnum for sure.
You'd go 300 Norma over 300 PRC? Curries why? Also are those your rifles pictured? Are those 300 Norma? I've built a couple AXSR but only in 338LM so far.

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
Flat Dark Earth is 300 NM, Elite Sand is 300 WM.

I got the 300 WM so that I could use the same bolt in a 300 PRC when I pick up a barrel for it.

You'd go 300 Norma over 300 PRC? Curries why? Also are those your rifles pictured? Are those 300 Norma? I've built a couple AXSR but only in 338LM so far.

Reactions: PORTSIDE_GUNNER

PORTSIDE_GUNNER

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Flat Dark Earth is 300 NM, Elite Sand is 300 WM.

I got the 300 WM so that I could use the same bolt in a 300 PRC when I pick up a barrel for it.
That's what I thought. What do you like better the 300N or 300WM? Mile High has 300 PRC barrels in-stock. Also why do you want a 300 PRC is you have the other two?

Sorry for all questions, I'm in the same boat, so trying wrap my hear around the logic why.

I think 300 PRC is a great round out to 2000 yards at a good price point and low recoil.

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
I'm not a big fan of belted cartridges, so my preference is for the 300 NM. I'm looking to add the 300 PRC for a little variety :) I'll check out MH's offerings, thanks!

That's what I thought. What do you like better the 300N or 300WM? Mile High has 300 PRC barrels in-stock. Also why do you want a 300 PRC is you have the other two?

Sorry for all questions, I'm in the same boat, so trying wrap my hear around the logic why.

I think 300 PRC is a great round out to 2000 yards at a good price point and low recoil.

gamewarden

Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Anyone know if the AXSR butt stock will work on an AXMC? Assuming they sell them...

96C

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2007
Aust
Anyone know if the AXSR butt stock will work on an AXMC? Assuming they sell them...
MY understanding is, from photos I've seen, that there are 4 screws on the hinge system of the ASR, so it's a very different design to the AXMC / AX etc.... I don't think it will be backwards compatible.

Reactions: gamewarden

TangoSierra916

Major Hide Member
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2017
    Milwaukee, WI
    MY understanding is, from photos I've seen, that there are 4 screws on the hinge system of the ASR, so it's a very different design to the AXMC / AX etc.... I don't think it will be backwards compatible.
    Correct, AXSR pic attached. It appears that the part right where the screws go into the lower now dips down vs the axmc being flat, not the designer but assuming this would cause compatibility issues as well.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: 96C and gamewarden

samb300

Accuracy Obsession, Anarchy Outdoors
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 22, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    They aren't compatible. The AX/AXMC buttstock is bonded and uses two flat head screws top and bottom. The AXSR buttstock is not bonded, and uses the 4 cap screws attached from the rear. The AXSR buttstock is also ambidextrous; the hinge mechanism can be easily flipped, and the adjustment levers on the butt and cheekpiece can be changed to the other side as well. The AX/AXMC buttstock cannot do that.

Chargerguy

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 18, 2017
    For the Canadians, just got word from Wolverine Supplies that AI is now taking orders for the AX Mk III.

Chargerguy

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 18, 2017
    From what I can see, different forend, different machining around the ARCA rail on the chassis, 3 position safety, trigger guard is rounded and that section of the chassis is thinner which is apparent when looking at the safety and the way the bottom of the tang is cut. They say the bolt is improved over the AXSR but I'm not sure what's different there. I think I read somewhere that the cheek rest is spring loaded too for adjustment....could be wrong. Butt stock also has differences. The AXSR is more appealing to my eye, but I really like the forend on the Mk3.

Also, 30 MOA rail, and no comp trigger.

Reactions: Zane777

Winston_H

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Sep 10, 2020
    Pretty slick looking rifle. I like some of the refinements made on this model versus previous gens.

One in .300NM would be badass.
    Why 300 Norma instead of 300 Win Mag? I'm a newbie and I don't know the difference. Been shooting .308 out to 1100 yards and thinking I should go farther.

Curahee19

Sergeant of the Hide
    Hessian
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Jul 24, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Can anyone help me on adjusting the trigger pull weight and more on the axsr? Can’t find any info on this thing online

Kidster

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 7, 2019
    Can anyone help me on adjusting the trigger pull weight and more on the axsr? Can’t find any info on this thing online
    I have asked that very same question here and to AINA. The best I got was you need to remove the action to get access to the trigger and adjustments are the same as the comp trigger. There is one screw that is under the mag release latch that looks like it will be a pain in the ass to remove so I have not attempted to remove the action.

Last edited:

Kidster

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 7, 2019
    I'm trying to figure this out, but the 300 WM AXSR is available. So the 300 WM bolt body should be also be available as well right?

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    NY
    No bolts are available as separate items yet. But yes 300 wm bolts are out in complete rifles.

gamewarden

Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Mar 19, 2012
    The angle throws it all off. I want to get a straight up and down grip, but which one would work with that angle they built in?
    Guessing you will have to plug and play and see what you like. Ergo has the TDX-0 that might do what you want...