• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

NAS_2953Sml.jpg

That's a factory AI suitcase made by Samsonite for the AW Covert. The foam looks to be cut on a CNC router like the AI Explorer cases.
Thanks MT, been looking at different cases and possible custom inserts and yours was the best I’ve seen, makes sense it is factory.

Reactions: MACHTECH
I also made one attached to the buttstock but did not like it. It causing the buttstock came to lose after a few dozen rounds.
IMG_0721.jpg

Reactions: Trek and PBWalsh
Any public land where you live to shoot in the woods?

You need permission to shoot over land here, unless you own it - there will also be specific requirements before you could shoot on it I am sure i.e so far from the road, no houses, certified by police, owners permission, etc, etc... I am a target shooter therefore I need to be a member of a club to shoot and possess a firearm (its the law in the UK). Unfortunately, in the UK we have some of the strictest firearms laws in the world :(

You need permission to shoot over land here, unless you own it - there will also be specific requirements before you could shoot on it I am sure i.e so far from the road, no houses, certified by police, owners permission, etc, etc... I am a target shooter therefore I need to be a member of a club to shoot and possess a firearm (its the law in the UK). Unfortunately, in the UK we have some of the strictest firearms laws in the world :(

Well, they did get a good taste of public gun ownership way back. I guess they didn't like how that turned out for them.

How far can you shoot at the ranges you go to?

Does your MPA folder capture the bolt when it's folded? I have an AT in an MPA as well, but mine isn't a folder, and I don't want to spend the money on the folder if it doesn't work as intended.

No, it folds to the left side of the rifle. But it would be cool if it did...

Hi, guys, I just ordered my first axsr.

Wondering what's the mount height for an s&b 5x25.

Thanks

Nice! Has anyone heard when we can expect the AXSR rifles to start showing up?

What caliber did you get?

I was going to order .338 LM but I'm starting to think .300 WM instead, but an 11" twist?! for the AX MkIII. 10 twist for the AXSR. I'll have to wait and see what we're going to get in Canada.

Last edited:
300 Norma Magnum. I have a PSR kit as well, which I'll keep as a safe queen for a while. Probably get a 338 Norma Magnum barrel down the line. I'm not sure if the PSR kit barrels will work on the AXSR.

No earlier then May. I have one of them and the new 50 on order.
I also have one on order. Went with the 300wm, but plan on shooting 300prc. Ordered a 1:8 proof 300prc. Now just to figure out if I am going to do 6.5cm or 6.5prc for a mid cartridge. Will probably get a 6creed as well, but have to wait for the bolt body if I go with th 6.5cm. Last time I talked to AI US they said by the end of the year.

Sequestered in Michigan, just putting the parts together for a play at F-Tr this summer up in Ontario Canada. AIAX is such a flexible platform! At 17.3 lbs, I’m carrying a Proof 26” 308 (1:10), Comp trigger, joy-pod (thanks Ernie) and a bag rider from the Shooting Shed (thanks David... great folks). Might be another month before I get out... any thoughts on “bullet choice” (ideally with Varget/BR2 primers)... thanks!

Attachments

• 6B77B409-84FE-415D-BAE0-B8F9E9356EC8.jpeg
    6B77B409-84FE-415D-BAE0-B8F9E9356EC8.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 213
Anyone have any leads on some AW short action legacy skins? Please Pm me need to get a set if it’s possible!
Edited “short action”

Last edited:
Out in Kansas for our "stay home on the prairie" order with @tnester1 and @jwknutson17 . Took the .300 Norma out to 2640 w/o the charlie tarac. Used up all of the turret adjustment and used the gen3xr reticle for the balance. 35.5 mils total elevation. What an awesome day to be out shooting!
View attachment 7301519
View attachment 7301520
So jealous that you have a place like that to shoot. I have to go to my dads ranch about an hour away. Have about 400 to 600 yards to play with. Not bad but that’s insane

Reactions: MACHTECH