• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Will definitely get 300 prc as well just because of ammo cost, and also 6.5 creed and perhaps 6 creed later on.

You could get lucky with your setup and have it work. Most likely it won't. And personally I wouldn't want to have the erector bottomed all the way out when shooting at 100. Just hold a few mils if needed instead for the few times your shooting and need more then 28 mils. And then buy a Charlie tarac if your needing more.
Right, with the AXMC and AX MKIII with their 30 MOA rail, the SP-4302 would probably be the smart choice to prevent issues.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I can’t find Magnum (300WM/PRC) or standard (308/6.5) bolts for the AXSR anywhere. Is the world still waiting on those?

i-LGZrHzT.gif

So I ask this question out of curiosity and not because I’m planning on buying a carbon barrel. but why is Proof Research Carbon barrels so heavy?
300NM Steel = 4.75lbs
300NM Carbon = 3.937lbs
You save 0.813lbs and pay double price for a prefit.

Most other carbon prefit barrels for other actions are around 3lbs plus or minus 3oz(0.187lbs).

could it be the end of the barrel where the wrench slots are cut and that can account for basically 1 pound of extra weight? Surely not that alone. Maybe it’s also the fact that the barrels shank diameter is 1.5” and those two things together make about an extra pound of material.

Eh just finding something to talk about.

Just weighed my 300 NM barrel with a TBAC brake on it and its 6.4 lbs. The proof AXMC prefits are a thinner profile. The shank spec is 1.35 and not 1.5 fyi. Just measured mine and it is 1.3440. So the carbon would be about 2 lbs lighter then newer profile AXMC and AXSR barrels.

I can’t find Magnum (300WM/PRC) or standard (308/6.5) bolts for the AXSR anywhere. Is the world still waiting on those?

Pretty sure it was said a few pages back in this thread and in the axsr thread Scott said August.

Just weighed my 300 NM barrel with a TBAC brake on it and its 6.4 lbs. The proof AXMC prefits are a thinner profile. The shank spec is 1.35 and not 1.5 fyi. Just measured mine and it is 1.3440. So the carbon would be about 2 lbs lighter then newer profile AXMC and AXSR barrels.

ahh I looked at shank length. Just got off a surveillance mission so my eyes were burnt out.

I pulled the weight figures off Proofs website for a 300Norma barrel AXMC Prefit

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Put the Tangent on the AXSA 6.5 x 47 and shot it today at 200 yards. It's a sand pit with lots of wind and mirage. I'd love to get another of these Tangents on sale if I could, they are superb. Hands down best scope I have.

20200619_143932.jpg

20200619_170336.jpg

New guy here, so apologies if this is not the appropriate place to post a question. Taking my brand new AI AX308 tomorrow to the range to site in at 100 and start my log book for the rifle (and I will try to take some photos or it didn’t happen.)
Question: do I strictly use high quality ammo in the gun from the start, or is it ok to use some mil-spec ammo to get on paper and then dial it in with ascending quality match ammo?
Spidersix

The short answer is yep (y)I just came in the house from doing that very thing on a new .223 I just sighted in.

New guy here, so apologies if this is not the appropriate place to post a question. Taking my brand new AI AX308 tomorrow to the range to site in at 100 and start my log book for the rifle (and I will try to take some photos or it didn’t happen.)
Question: do I strictly use high quality ammo in the gun from the start, or is it ok to use some mil-spec ammo to get on paper and then dial it in with ascending quality match ammo?
Spidersix

FGMM 308 175gr ammo and be done with it. Under a buck a round shipped. And it usually shoots just as good as hand loads. Use the FGMM 168gr if you feel like it.

Took a brand new AIAX out this am and first 5 round group with it was under .3. So no need to hand load when that factory ammo shoots that well. For punching paper at least.

If you just have surplus 147gr m80 its not going to hurt anything. Shoot what you have and buy the FGMM 308 moving forward.

Badfinger,
Are you saying use the mil-spec first? Or start with some decent ammo and quickly work up to quality?
Spidersix

Badfinger,
Are you saying use the mil-spec first? Or start with some decent ammo and quickly work up to quality?
Spidersix

Your zero will be different just in case you were thinking you can zero with X ammo then just shoot Y ammo later

FGMM 308 175gr ammo and be done with it. Under a buck a round shipped. And it usually shoots just as good as hand loads. Use the FGMM 168gr if you feel like it.

Took a brand new AIAX out this am and first 5 round group with it was under .3. So no need to hand load when that factory ammo shoots that well. For punching paper at least.

If you just have surplus 147gr m80 its not going to hurt anything. Shoot what you have and buy the FGMM 308 moving forward.
I have a stock of 168 GMM and some lesser quality 168 “match” to learn with. Not a hand loader yet, although that will come.
Spidersix

ASR owners: do you feel after receiving it that the value is there for the kit? I know Nolegs24 doesn’t care for Mlok, but that point aside is the value there? When i add up what comes with it I see paying a premium of about 2k over the standard rifle and goods for the “limited edition, SOCOMness” of it all. The goods are all acquired at once vs over time but it’s pretty much all usable good stuff I think.

whats a PSR kit sell for (if you could even find one) vs the AXMC nowadays?

Any info or advice is appreciated.

Your zero will be different just in case you were thinking you can zero with X ammo then just shoot Y ammo later
Huskydriver,
Totally get that zero will be different. It’s just my first go around with a Rolls Royce, if you will. Don’t want to disrespect the weapon!
Spidersix

ASR owners: do you feel after receiving it that the value is there for the kit? I know Nolegs24 doesn’t care for Mlok, but that point aside is the value there? When i add up what comes with it I see paying a premium of about 2k over the standard rifle and goods for the “limited edition, SOCOMness” of it all. The goods are all acquired at once vs over time but it’s pretty much all usable good stuff I think.

whats a PSR kit sell for (if you could even find one) vs the AXMC nowadays?

Any info or advice is appreciated.

Gotta be the most subjective question of the day on the hide ....

Bro it's your money get what makes you happy none of us can do that for you.

Did you research this thread and the asr thread so you understand the differences?

If so then get what you want....

Will an ASR outshoot an axmc....No they use the exact same barrels

Put the Tangent on the AXSA 6.5 x 47 and shot it today at 200 yards. It's a sand pit with lots of wind and mirage. I'd love to get another of these Tangents on sale if I could, they are superb. Hands down best scope I have.

View attachment 7355113

View attachment 7355115
Nice! How do you like the eyebox and eye relief on the TT?

And you have the ERA-TAC adjustable mount right? How much elevation did you adjust it to get a zero with the 6.5x47 Lapua?

Thanks 👍🏻

Last edited:
Looking at my pic... I can see it's a tad over 9 for a 200 yard zero. Shooting at first with the brake off, I had to lower the elevation by about 6 or 7 inches when I put it back on. Eye relief is fine for me... I wear glasses and didn't really take note of the eyebox yet. I ended up putting the s&b back on it. The TT is going back on the AXMC 338 NM. Easy to move around with the Eratac.

Reactions: M289
Looking at my pic... I can see it's a tad over 9 for a 200 yard zero. Shooting at first with the brake off, I had to lower the elevation by about 6 or 7 inches when I put it back on. Eye relief is fine for me... I wear glasses and didn't really take note of the eyebox yet. I ended up putting the s&b back on it. The TT is going back on the AXMC 338 NM. Easy to move around with the Eratac.
Thanks, and how much did you adjust the ERA-TAC mount?
I think I see 10 MOA, on top of your 20 MOA AX308 rail right?
You could add 20MOA or 6MIL to get it closer at 100 right?

Badfinger,
Spidersix
What I'm saying is I will grab a few cheap or depending on the caliber surplus rounds when sighting in a scope and use them just to get on paper. Then I'll use the load I intend to run to finish sighting in the scope. The point of impact will vary with different loads so you'll want to finish with the load you're going to run.

Now there are some purist who advise against using "cheap ammo" to foul a barrel or sight it a new one as they believe the cheap ammo has a low quality jacket that does a poor job of prepping the barrel. 🤷‍♂️

Yep, base is set for zero. The rail is 20 moa and the Era-tac could be walked up to eliminate the initial elevation adjustment on the TT, but it's not going to stay on that gun and easier to just set it on the turret for now. It's already back on the AXMC anyway :)

In that picture his base is set at " 0 ".

Yep, base is set for zero. The rail is 20 moa and the Era-tac could be walked up to eliminate the initial elevation adjustment on the TT, but it's not going to stay on that gun and easier to just set it on the turret for now. It's already back on the AXMC anyway :)
Haha, I fully understand 😁

I’m trying to figure out whether to go with a 10 or 20 MOA mount on top of the AX MKIII (30MOA like AXMC, same platform) to mount my Tangent.

But as I want a Spuhr and not an adjustable ERA-TAC, that makes it a bit more difficult than just adjusting the mount up or down 10 MOA 😂

Using my rifle for an example with the little bit over 9 mils to get on zero @ 200 yards you could get the 20 moa spuhr added to your 30 moa rail. That would put you right on with minor scope adjustment, but it also depending on what your shooting possibly not allow you to zero too. So, I would go with the 10 moa spuhr, this way you use a tiny bit of adjustment in the TT to make it 100% on.

9 mils is practically 30 moa, so in my case 50 moa total to zero, if my math is good :)

Haha, I fully understand 😁

I’m trying to figure out whether to go with a 10 or 20 MOA mount on top of the AX MKIII (30MOA like AXMC, same platform) to mount my Tangent.

But as I want a Spuhr and not an adjustable ERA-TAC, that makes it a bit more difficult than just adjusting the mount up or down 10 MOA 😂

Using my rifle for an example with the little bit over 9 mils to get on zero @ 200 yards you could get the 20 moa spuhr added to your 30 moa rail. That would put you right on with minor scope adjustment, but it also depending on what your shooting possibly not allow you to zero too. So, I would go with the 10 moa spuhr, this way you use a tiny bit of adjustment in the TT to make it 100% on.

9 mils is practically 30 moa, so in my case 50 moa total to zero, if my math is good :)
Right, 50 MOA total to zero. That is what I was thinking too.
Would a 300 or 338 Norma Magnum shoot flatter for the first 100 than a 6.5x47 Lapua?
A 308 Win will need elevation adjustment for sure.

Yes, the TT required a little under 6 mils to zero @ 200 yards with my AXMC 338 Norma Magnum. I would keep it at 40 MOA total on the rails and scope mount.

Better yet get yourself one of the Era-Tac's and get from 0 to 70 MOA adjustment. I believe they just came out with some new models that are in mils now too.

Right, 50 MOA total to zero. That is what I was thinking too.
Would a 300 or 338 Norma Magnum shoot flatter for the first 100 than a 6.5x47 Lapua?
A 308 Win will need elevation adjustment for sure.

Because someone much smarter than me once said....
i-LGZrHzT.gif

Here are 2 from my AX308 with 26" (Benchmark 1:8 MTU contour) 6.5x47 Lapua barrel, Insite Arms Heathen muzzle brake and Kahles K624i MSR-Ki in a Spuhr QDP-4002 mount. All supported by a BT Atlas CAL Gen2 and Hoptic USA Saddle Blanket (Very nice accessory 😁)

ColdBore Range, Borris, Denmark 🇩🇰
AX308-ColdBoreRange-Borris-Denmark-2019.jpeg

EXLRS Shoot near Orleans, France 🇫🇷
AX308-EXLRS-Orleans-France-2019.jpeg

Good times! 😎

i-LGZrHzT.gif

Here are 2 from my AX308 with 26" (Benchmark 1:8 MTU contour) 6.5x47 Lapua barrel, Insite Arms Heathen muzzle brake and Kahles K624i MSR-Ki in a Spuhr QDP-4002 mount. All supported by a BT Atlas CAL Gen2 and Hoptic USA Saddle Blanket (Very nice accessory 😁)

ColdBore Range, Borris, Denmark 🇩🇰
View attachment 7355617

EXLRS Shoot near Orleans, France 🇫🇷
View attachment 7355622

Good times! 😎
Dude I’m like 4hrs from Orléans. If you need a spotter, I’m more than happy to abandon my family for the weekend. My only request is that I pay for my own ammo and get to go pew too. #IMissThePewPewLifeAlready

Last edited:
  • Haha
Have you been reloading for the 6.5 x 47? If yes can you share your favorite load for it? I have some dies on order that should be here in a few weeks and could use a working start. Components, load data :)

i-LGZrHzT.gif

Have you been reloading for the 6.5 x 47? If yes can you share your favorite load for it? I have some dies on order that should be here in a few weeks and could use a working start. Components, load data :)
Yep, never got factory Lapua ammo for the 6.5x47 Lapua.

I had to dig a bit, but here's what I have:

Reamer: Manson Precision Reamers 6.5x47 Lapua CIP Standard, .163 freebore.
Chamber was tight, even after firing a round I could stick a bullet in the neck and it would not fall through 😂

Load data
Cartridge6.5x47 Lapua
CaseLapua 6.5x47 Lapua (Small Rifle Primers)
BulletLapua Scenar 123gr
PrimerSellier & Bellot Small Rifle Magnum
PowderReload Swiss RS60 (In the US it's Alliant Reloder 17 I believe)
Charge40,80gr
COAL69,30mm / 2,728" (approx)
CBTO55,50mm / 2,185" (approx)

MagnetoSpeed V3 data
Shots10
Min917 m/s (3008 fps)
Max925 m/s (3034 fps)
Avg920 m/s (3.018 fps)
SD2.6 m/s (8 fps)
ES8 m/s (26 fps)

This load is definitely not the best, it was a bit hot too 😎 But it got me solid hits on the 1250 meter target in Denmark (~1367 yards).
If you want to know anything else, just ask. Happy to help and I'm leaning on others for their mounting solution for the Tangent Theta too so we're all one happy messed up family 😉

From what I heard, US 🇺🇸 powders such as Hodgdon H4350 and Varget are the way to go.
Also, for primers the CCI 450 is great and for bullets the Berger Hybrid AR Tactical 130gr is pure gold!

Reference links:
6.5×47 Lapua Cartridge Guide within AccurateShooter.com
6.5x47 Lapua Load Data - What The Pros Use - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

Good shooting!

Thank you. I just got the 6.5 x 47 last Saturday, so the data will be a good start. Not sure if I have any RL-17 but I'll take a look around. I'll verify with the tables of course first :)

Chamber was tight, even after firing a round I could stick a bullet in the neck and it would not fall through 😂

Load data
Cartridge6.5x47 Lapua
BulletLapua Scenar 123gr
Charge40,80gr

MagnetoSpeed V3 data
Shots10
Min917 m/s (3008 fps)
Max925 m/s (3034 fps)
Avg920 m/s (3.018 fps)
SD2.6 m/s (8 fps)
ES8 m/s (26 fps)

This load is definitely not the best, it was a bit hot too 😎 But it got me solid hits on the 1250 meter target in Denmark (~1367 yards).
If you want to know anything else, just ask. Happy to help and I'm leaning on others for their mounting solution for the Tangent Theta too so we're all one happy messed up family 😉

From what I heard, US 🇺🇸 powders such as Hodgdon H4350 and Varget are the way to go.
Also, for primers the CCI 450 is great and for bullets the Berger Hybrid AR Tactical 130gr is pure gold!

Reference links:
6.5x47 Lapua Load Data - What The Pros Use - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

Good shooting!

Load data
Cartridge6.5x47 Lapua
BulletLapua Scenar 123gr
Charge40,80gr

MagnetoSpeed V3 data
Shots10
Min917 m/s (3008 fps)
Max925 m/s (3034 fps)
Avg920 m/s (3.018 fps)
SD2.6 m/s (8 fps)
ES8 m/s (26 fps)

Reference links:
6.5x47 Lapua Load Data - What The Pros Use - PrecisionRifleBlog.com[/URL

Good shooting!

Hodgdon powders are actually Australian.

Thank you. I just got the 6.5 x 47 last Saturday, so the data will be a good start. Not sure if I have any RL-17 but I'll take a look around. I'll verify with the tables of course first :)

Be careful with R17. Very temp unstable. I had a 150FPS swing going from winter to summer months.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
You’re right, I was not clear on that I meant that for those that are in the USA, Hodgdon H4350 and Varget are probably the best options for 6mm and 6.5x47 Lapua and Creedmoor Shooters.

RS60 or Alliant Reloder 17 are known for their temperature instabilities.
I personally didn’t suffer much from it, lucky? But if available I’d try those other powders.
Vihtavuori (from Finland) is also a great choice. They make N555 especially for the 6mm and 6.5mm cartridges.

Reactions: Surly
Anyone know the forend tube length on the AXSR? I can’t find it anywhere on the net.

So a buddy borrowed my AI this weekend. Calls me on his way home letting me know he is gonna be buying me a new bolt. Turns out he has been using Winchester primers and they were bad. Had three go in my rifle before he noticed.

Attachments

• F108942B-9F7F-4C6F-BDB4-26B1BAD1B7E5.jpeg
    F108942B-9F7F-4C6F-BDB4-26B1BAD1B7E5.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 245
  • Wow
Reactions: 96C