• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I’ve always wondered about the fluting. Both my AXMC bolts are fluted. I think some AT and axmc308 bolts are as well but not all?

One of my AXMC308s has a fluted bolt (2015 manufacture date) my other one (2014 manufacture date) does not. The 2015 dated one also has a small firing pin.

DD305F91-B043-4BA2-81F8-2C703DE46399.png
Here is my AXMC treating me well in a local PRS match.

Well now mag issue sorted , scopes mounted . Starting to think a s&b ultra short is more in keeping with the plan of a light weight at if thats not a contradiction. I have a hardy barrel in 16” 7mm about to go on and a short proof 6.5 on order. Decisions !
8BBED1E8-2927-4D32-A3D9-D02D1C0CBC1A.jpeg
27C3A243-0C03-48F5-9C31-EDFF6004F581.jpeg

Well now mag issue sorted , scopes mounted . Starting to think a s&b ultra short is more in keeping with the plan of a light weight at if thats not a contradiction. I have a hardy barrel in 16” 7mm about to go on and a short proof 6.5 on order. Decisions !
View attachment 6884424View attachment 6884425

WOW! You did the AX butt stock conversion. That is awesome! Did you get the parts from one of the US distributors?

Thanks for sharing.

Nice taste I see a Surefire SOCOM 2 some RRS a S&B , atlas and a Sphur mount!

Thanks. It was time to re-barrel the rifle I use for work, and I had been saving my pennies for quite a while, so I bought the AX and moved the suppressor, optic, and bipod from my old rifle to the new. The AX is a little out of my league, financially. On a deputy sheriff's salary, it took my savings and my entire tax refund, but from what I've seen so far, it was worth the sacrifice.

Fellas, I'm currently in the process of selling rifles to buy an AXMC, just out of curiosity, are there any 7mm aftermarket barrel options available through the prefit manufacturers?

View attachment 6884424View attachment 6884425
Wow does this ever look good. I hope AI offers factory ATs with this stock in the future.

I just picked up an AT and have a post-14 AX 700 chassis I’m selling. Debating swapping stocks and just lowering the price, as the 700 chassis would essentially become a pre-14.

Not sure what to do.

Euro optic sells them but are out of stock. It looks like you have to unbolt/pin and debond the original from stock and then unbolt/pin epoxy the replacement on.

Link

Last edited:
I read scuttlebutt that MHS would be doing conversions for ~$1K once they had stock.

Saw this and thought it was interesting, looks like it’s an AXMC long action post 14, but with the pre 14 buttstock? I’m a sucker for thumbhole stocks and if I could get a thumbhole on my AXMC I would be in love all over again.

84F63C7F-441A-4A94-841C-16B7785C376F.png

Reactions: PBWalsh
How big a diff in feel/usability/adjustability of the post 2014 stock vs the clubfoot?

Other than folding right, the only other perk for me is that it doesn’t look like an Ugg boot.

I’m the lone shooter of my rifle, so I have no need for quick adjustments once setup for myself.

I wish there was a non QD retrofit for the cheek piece on the MC as it has come loose a couple times now.

AW has non QD screws for the cheek - set it once and forget it.

I wish there was a non QD retrofit for the cheek piece on the MC as it has come loose a couple times now.

AW has non QD screws for the cheek - set it once and forget it.

I just take the Allen in the stock and tighten the nut on the cheek piece.

Hey, I had a question about the AXMC thinking about dropping money on one in a couple months that said does anyone know if it shoots 300WM, 338LM, And 308? Or just 300WM and 338LM? On the site it says "The latest in a long and distinguished line of combat proven sniper rifles, the AX series comprises the stand-alone AX308 (.308 Win) and the multi calibre AXMC, a .338 Lap Mag which can be reconfigured to .300 Win Mag or.308 Win in minutes simply by changing the barrel, bolt and magazine/insert." So I believe it might have to be purchased separately for a conversion to .308 I'm only asking cause I wanna shoot cheaper .308 when I'm just shooting closer targets then bust out big boys with .300WM and .338LM for longer ranges.

The AXMC long action will shoot 308, 300WM, and 338LM and most calibers based on those bolt faces, you just have to buy the adapter for the 308 mags and the proper bolts.

Hey, I had a question about the AXMC thinking about dropping money on one in a couple months that said does anyone know if it shoots 300WM, 338LM, And 308? Or just 300WM and 338LM? On the site it says "The latest in a long and distinguished line of combat proven sniper rifles, the AX series comprises the stand-alone AX308 (.308 Win) and the multi calibre AXMC, a .338 Lap Mag which can be reconfigured to .300 Win Mag or.308 Win in minutes simply by changing the barrel, bolt and magazine/insert." So I believe it might have to be purchased separately for a conversion to .308 I'm only asking cause I wanna shoot cheaper .308 when I'm just shooting closer targets then bust out big boys with .300WM and .338LM for longer ranges.
Sir, yes the AXMC long action will handle all calibers you are asking about, but you will need 3 different bolts and the magazine adaptor for the 308 and some short action magazines to make it all happen.

Reactions: LastShot300
So it wouldn't require a whole nother barrel? Just adapter, bolt, and a short action magazine? This is good information I appreciate both your responses thank you!

So it wouldn't require a whole nother barrel? Just adapter, bolt, and a short action magazine? This is good information I appreciate both your responses thank you!

you still need barrel in different caliber

for example you bought an AXMC in 338lm and you want to shoot 308.
you need the following
308 barrel
308 bolt
AXMC magazine adaptor
AXMC 308 magazine

If you can live with single feed 308, u can skip the magazine adaptor and magazine

Last edited:
Sorry i wasn't 100% clear, you will also need a separate barrel for the individual calibers you intend to shoot. You CAN NOT shoot 308 out of your 300 WM barrel!

Sorry was being dumb lol I just looked up barrels. One last question is there anywhere you recommend buying full conversion kits? Or just the parts I think I found em all just dunno what sites are the best for this :p

Night assassin you were clear you probably figured I knew I needed a barrel (which looking back I feel stupid about asking about XD) I was just being dumb and forgot about Google XD I appreciate all your help though man!

Reactions: Night Assassin
Sorry was being dumb lol I just looked up barrels. One last question is there anywhere you recommend buying full conversion kits? Or just the parts I think I found em all just dunno what sites are the best for this :p
Mile High, Eurooptics, MSTN here on the hide Wes Grant. All 3 are safe bets and can get you all set up!

Can someone with an AXMC do me a favor? I'm looking for a couple dimensions related to the factory cheek piece at its lowest position when the long action bolt is all the way to the rear. There is a ton of clearance with my short action AX, so I don't know how far back the LA bolt goes.

I'm working on a custom cheek piece that can go lower than the factory one, to better facilitate optics mounted in low rings. I have removed the front NV rail from my AX so I can go lower than the normal 1.5" tall rings, but I can't get the cheek piece to go any lower and still use the Wiebad cheek pad that I love. If I go through the trouble of making some replacement cheekpieces, I'd like to make sure they will work for both short action and long action AX's.

These would also be extremely useful if/when people start putting AX buttstocks on their AT's, since the AX buttstock really is designed for the tall action rail + 1.5" rings. I think many will struggle to mount their normal 1" height rings on their AT once the buttstock is swapped.

Here's a crudely photoshopped picture of what I'm looking for:
- The amount the back of the bolt protrudes beyond the front edge of the cheek piece "D"
- The amount of clearance the bolt underneath the cheekpiece "H"

Appreciate the help!

AXMC_LA_Cheekpiece.jpg

Here's a crudely photoshopped picture of what I'm looking for:
- The amount the back of the bolt protrudes beyond the front edge of the cheek piece "D"
- The amount of clearance the bolt underneath the cheekpiece "H"

Hard to measure accurately but I get
D = .260
H = .085

Hard to measure accurately but I get
D = .260
H = .085

Awesome, thanks! If anyone else wants to measure and see if they get similar numbers, that would be cool.

I'm thinking as the cheekpiece goes lower than the factory one, it will need the front end shortened a bit (something like 0.300" based on your measurement). There's really no way to lower it AND create enough clearance for the bolt to go under it.

From my experience, and from searching around for pics and videos, that front 1/2" or so of the cheekpiece is never used. With the adjustability of the AX chassis, you don't need your cheek to be that far forward on the cheekpiece. So if it gets chopped off, no harm no foul, even on the short action AX where there is about 0.300" of clearance already.

I see a LOT of space between the bottom of scope bells and top of barrels. Partially due to the factory scope rail being really high for night vision accommodation?

I get that it's not a hunting rifle with a non-adjustable stock/cheekrest and ballistic software can take into account scope height...

but are there any notable negatives to having such high scope above bore line?

-very short range shots
-lost elevation in the scope for longer distances (not sure how scope height affects elevation in the scope)
-greater/lesser force on the scope body
-?

easier to replace scope rail with a lower one or just run short rings?

I see a LOT of space between the bottom of scope bells and top of barrels. Partially due to the factory scope rail being really high for night vision accommodation?

I get that it's not a hunting rifle with a non-adjustable stock/cheekrest and ballistic software can take into account scope height...

but are there any notable negatives to having such high scope above bore line?

-very short range shots
-lost elevation in the scope for longer distances (not sure how scope height affects elevation in the scope)
-greater/lesser force on the scope body
-?

easier to replace scope rail with a lower one or just run short rings?

If the upper rail bothers you it comes off with a 4mm Allen wrench in seconds. The way I see it is, it’s a fully adjustable system and the only reason to run lower rings is for non adjustable cheek pieces. Like you said it’s taken into account with your ballistic software and doesn’t have any negatives IMO.

Side note, I may weigh my upper rail and remove it if it’s deemed a significant amount of useless weight for MY application. Your question made me think of it.....

If the upper rail bothers you it comes off with a 4mm Allen wrench in seconds. The way I see it is, it’s a fully adjustable system and the only reason to run lower rings is for non adjustable cheek pieces. Like you said it’s taken into account with your ballistic software and doesn’t have any negatives IMO.

Side note, I may weigh my upper rail and remove it if it’s deemed a significant amount of useless weight for MY application. Your question made me think of it.....

I was thinking of this last night. Don’t know how much it would save to drop a couple of rails from my setup.