• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Tiktac, You can order them straight from the RRS website. Postage is a little exy. They have 2 different models; one for the AXMC (long action) and one for the AX .308 (short action - gen I and II).
will they ship to Australia

Tiktac, You can order them straight from the RRS website. Postage is a little exy. They have 2 different models; one for the AXMC (long action) and one for the AX .308 (short action - gen I and II).

The RRS plate is the same for the AX-AXMC rifles. The other version is for the AX AICS chassis

Reactions: Tiktac
The RRS plate is the same for the AX-AXMC rifles. The other version is for the AX AICS chassis

I found it very difficult to find out the difference between the bax15 and baxr15

RRS list this info

BAX15:
  • BAX15 Accuracy International Auxiliary Body Plate for AI AIAX/AXMC
  • (2) Safety Stop Screws
  • 2.5mm Hex Key
  • 4mm Hex Key

BAXR 15:
  • BAXR15 Accuracy International Auxiliary Body Plate for AX AICS Mkl&Mkll Short Action
  • (2) Safety Stop Screws
  • 2.5mm Hex Key
  • 4mm Hex Key
I have no physical experience fitting either.

On a seperate note, if you muck up the order, you can ship back to RRS at your expense for a refund or swap.

Based on the above info:

BAX15 is for AI rifles (ax short / ax MC long)
BAXR15 is for the AICS chassis (rem700 short)

Based on the above info:

BAX15 is for AI rifles (ax short / ax MC long)
BAXR15 is for the AICS chassis (rem700 short)

Thanks kRcu for the interpretation, even when you compare the images on Mile high's page, they use the AX chassis for both models.

Just got this one. Haven’t shot it yet.
119C7045-3B73-48DE-8CB5-A5F3002BD720.jpeg

According to Sporting Services it is regular black but I´m not sure.
The picture is taken with my phone in bright sunlight.
It looks darker in real life.

Reactions: winniethepooh
Probably the regular AI black as I don’t think cerakote elite is done here in the UK (yet?).
I also have a black AX, amazing rifle and the color is nice ??

Just called Mike at MHSA to get a fully packaged kit (AI, thumbhole, SPHUR, Atlas, NV mount, HRD rail mount, Borka, and am having them install my optic). He emailed me an incredible offer on my list of goodies. Looking forward to saving a bit more and purchasing an AT.

Excited that all I need to order separate is an optic, probably an SS 10x42 HD, until I can afford Tier 1 glass. More excited to be able to have everything installed and torqued correctly so all I have to do is take it out of the box, go to the range, and shoot.

Last edited:
Took mine out hunting this weekend. 300WM 20” tooley NF 7-35 ATACR. Full report to follow soon!

4946d96c8b43fbfa9748003bc0321c4d.jpg

009a8868c9981fe1f67522b110f8afa3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covertnoob5 - how do you find the 20" on the 300 win mag? What sort of ranges did/have you shot at? Im still torn on barrel length, given the factory twist is slowish on what others are using to lob heavy projectiles at distance.

I noticed the action face on my new AI has a small ding where the barrel is shouldered.
Do you all think this is something to be concerned about or am I way too picky? If I run a razor blade across the face it doesn't catch at all.

Thanks
20180509_150813.jpg

Probably the regular AI black as I don’t think cerakote elite is done here in the UK (yet?)
I sent a mail to AI and here is the answer:

The colour is our standard black – the Elite Midnight didn’t take off and is no longer a colour option.

I sent a mail to AI and here is the answer:

The colour is our standard black – the Elite Midnight didn’t take off and is no longer a colour option.

Interesting, saying it didn't take off sounds strange to me. I tried ordering an AX in Elite Sand last year but was told it would not be available until half of 2018.
Ah well, we can always have it Cerakoted somewhere. At the rate my receiver is taking hits from extracted brass that black cerakote won't last that long anyway ? It's being chipped away one shot at a time.

Ordered same rifle (Elite Sand)last summer. My dealer says AI told him it's being built this month. As I am thinking about putting a Tangent Theta with the proposed new reticle on it I can guarantee both will show up at the same time! Max cash crunch time:eek:

Hi all.

Has anyone got a picture of a dark earth AX fitted with the S&B scope in RAL 8000 colour? I have the scope and trying to decide which colour is closer to it....Pale Brown or Dark Earth......

Thanks

Reactions: Basher

The big dog looks good with the new accessories!

Here’s yours all done up.....proof in the mix, but that comes with a wait. I’ve got 200 rds loaded up to break in and do some testing and 150 prime for this weekend. 25” SAC MTU 6.5CM. It’s as heavy as the LA with the Proof ha.

05ECC399-D000-4606-958E-A0F6BD59EEA9.jpeg

They are heavy guns with steel barrels.

I ordered up a Proof .300 Norma barrel the other day for the long action.

That’s gonna be sweet man, the Proof really balances the AX LA nicely. Who’d you order through and what was the quoted wait time?

My AX needs some Cerakote work as its getting fairly dinged up and scratched. Im leaning towards a Kryptek Highlander pattern as it is already sand in color. If I wanted to keep the standard sand color, does anyone have the color name that is closest to sand in the Cerakote inventory?

Reactions: gnatmm
I'm looking to order my AX this month and wanted to ask a question on fitting a bipod. The AX rifle comes with 2 extra accessory rails, can anyone tell me if these are standard Picatinny rails that I can bolt under to the rifle to then fit an Atlas Bipod or do I need to order an extra set of picatinny rail from AI to fit their proprietary Quickloc system?

Thanks

I'm looking to order my AX this month and wanted to ask a question on fitting a bipod. The AX rifle comes with 2 extra accessory rails, can anyone tell me if these are standard Picatinny rails that I can bolt under to the rifle to then fit an Atlas Bipod or do I need to order an extra set of picatinny rail from AI to fit their proprietary Quickloc system?

Thanks

They are standard rails so no problem with an atlas.

Reactions: jim996
Gentlemen,
Ii just picked up my AX and was hoping to swap my NF ATACR from my AT using the same rings. The rings and objective cleared on the AT because there is no forward rail past the receiver. I am using NF Ultralight rings in MED height (A223) 1" in height. I have used the scope ring calculator in the past for my projects, but it does not account for the forward rail section of the hand guard on the AX. I don't want to go overly high on the rings and want to keep the bell close to the rail if possible. For a 56mm objective with a flip cap cover, what height rings should I order from NF to clear the forward hand guard rail?

You can get away with 1.375" if you're using Butler Creek's, but if you want to run Vortex Defenders or Tenebreax, you'll want the 1.5's for traditional rings, or 1.44/1.5 with the unimounts or magmounts.

Does anyone here have an AI AW L115A3 in .338LM? Is it capable of taking the AX338 double stack magazines?

Last edited:
You can get away with 1.375" if you're using Butler Creek's, but if you want to run Vortex Defenders or Tenebreax, you'll want the 1.5's for traditional rings, or 1.44/1.5 with the unimounts or magmounts.
Couldn't he also remove the top rail if he isn't going t run clip ons?

Hi all.

Has anyone got a picture of a dark earth AX fitted with the S&B scope in RAL 8000 colour? I have the scope and trying to decide which colour is closer to it....Pale Brown or Dark Earth......

Thanks

I have a AT in this configuration. PM me and I'll text you pics if you want. Haven't taken any pics worthy of the thread yet lol.

Thank you all for your information. I talked to Sonny at NF and he hooked me up with the NF Magmount A361. Ill post pics when I get it.