• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Finally got all my pieces together to start shooting my 6 Dasher barrel. Love being able to change barrels at will.

BB5A7968-DC16-4DE4-8C92-753ED70D1BC0.jpeg
5ABA1203-90D4-40FF-98A9-6D9FF77781E8.jpeg

Anyone know where a guy could get a Really Right Stuff BAI-AT2 or the first gen one,
Checked online at MHS and Eurooptics

Looking for a shorter Area Swiss rail for my AI AT, I'm not sure what the options are other than the RRS ones, all others seem too long.
Since i'm already running the Atlas Spigot for the bipod.
I just want to be able to attach it to my tripod and not have to deal with getting more shit to convert my bipod to a clamp type.

Thanks

Got my AX yesterday. Figuring out the mount height. I threw on a pair of 1.5” rings to test and they’re too low…bonking my muffs on the riser and I hate that.

So it looks like either the Anarchy lower cheek piece or higher rings.

Anyone have pics of the Spuhr 1.73" or 1.89” rings on an AI?

The 1.73 isn't going to be that much lower than the 1.89.
Yeah, just glancing at the numbers it would seem to be a difference greater than 0.16” / 4mm. I probably should use mm when thinking of this stuff.

For posterity and other people thinking about this:

Spuhr ring heights 34mm tube 0 MOA

Model
SP-
height top rail to tube centerheight top rail to ring bottom
40011.18” / 30mm13mm
40021.5” / 38mm21mm
40071.535” / 39mm22mm
40081.73” / 44mm27mm
40041.89” / 48mm31mm

(All picatinny and regular width)

Last edited:
E63F9412-94BE-4370-82FA-4BC0F0B64946.jpeg

Not as high as my bt69🤣 i opted to sell my standard one as i hate extending it out everytime to shoot prone. Now i just have to fold em down and im done, if i need to go low just shoot em out at a 45👍 Used the spuhr hunting mount. Couldnt make my self go higher than the 1.180 with the beater scopes 42mm objective. Time to load up some juggs and see how the new proof shoots!

Got my AX yesterday. Figuring out the mount height. I threw on a pair of 1.5” rings to test and they’re too low…bonking my muffs on the riser and I hate that.

Shoot suppressed and ditch the muffs obviously....

Shoot suppressed and ditch the muffs obviously....
Yeah, I have a weird ear issue. I only shoot suppressed and always double up with foamies in my left ear, and sometimes both.

The problem: I lose hearing / increased ringing in the left ear when, say, shooting a 9mm handgun outside unsuppressed even while wearing ridiculously massive 3M 32nrr muffs with foamies in both ears.

I’ve talked to my doctor and they think it’s some old injury that’s flaring up. Sound travels though your bones, that’s what’s causing it (most likely). Weird thing is it doesn’t hurt straight off like regular loud noises do when you don’t have ear pro on. The increased ringing comes on an hour or two later. Damnedest thing.

Best guess on the original injury: I was helping inflate a hot-air balloon as a 22 yr old, and I got stuck standing right next to a big old gas-powered fan. Not only was it loud, the entire fucking atmosphere vibrated all around me. I swear I felt the insides of my ears bounce around! Couldn’t drop the rope, didn’t have ear pro because nobody told me it was going to be that loud!

Didn’t have any lasting impact (until now), although through the years my docs noticed my left ear tested a bit worse than the right in the higher frequencies.

The problem started/injury resurfaced at 50 yrs old when I shot a hard kicking rifle a few times. Range was loud that day too…don’t think I doubled up as usual because I was helping a friend with that damn rifle and wanted to be able to talk easier with the electric muffs. Got a little dizzy walking to the targets and had this problem ever since. Doc says it isn’t Ménière's disease.

Bugs me because I’ve always been super careful with my ears. Even at 15 yrs old I wore ear pro when no one else did when pheasant hunting. Sure I lost some birds as I couldn’t hear them get up as fast as those without ear pro, but I didn’t care.

Good way to get hearing damage

Lol.....yea these took most of it already

Russian 82s and 50s that landed on top of us as well as a 107mmm rocket on a couple occasions.... Last one missed me by like 25 feet when I hit the ground I felt the heat of it going off..... Those 107s sound like straight shebanshees coming in....

Honestly with most bolt guns your fine in an open space. Gas guns for sure will wreck you over time

1970-01-06 00.50.23.jpg

DSC00337.JPG

IMG_0131~2.JPG

Last edited:
Lol.....yea these took most of it already

Russian 82s and 50s that landed on top of us as well as a 107mmm rocket on a couple occasions.... Last one missed me by like 25 feet when I hit the ground I felt the heat of it going off..... Those 107s sound like straight shebanshees coming in....

Honestly with most bolt guns your fine in an open space. Gas guns for sure will wreck you over time

View attachment 7864479

View attachment 7864483

View attachment 7864488

Yea, shooting hasn't done anything to my ears that F15s didn't already fuck up, but deersniper ain't wrong either.

The Anarchy cheek piece nets you about 0.350” in height reduction vs the factory cheek piece.

472664B1-DA69-4357-8828-8D7FA36DB7DB.jpeg

These work great if you ever thinking of getting rid of the muffs.

I run the EraTac on my AXSR 1.85 height.. 50 moa cant on the mount and 20 moa cant on the base. Let me know if you need pics.

My AXMC Joined the 1 Mile Cold Bore club today. Used the 300prc barrel, 225 ELDM's, H1000. These rifles just shoot well, no bones about it. I am consistently impressed with AI's performance. And yes, went old school "savage", unsuppressed. ..lol

As a side note, are any other AI owners here shooting in the 1.13 Mile Light Gun match July 25 in Raton?
IMG_0517.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0523.jpg

My AXMC Joined the 1 Mile Cold Bore club today. Used the 300prc barrel, 225 ELDM's, H1000. These rifles just shoot well, no bones about it. I am consistently impressed with AI's performance. And yes, went old school "savage", unsuppressed. ..lol

As a side note, are any other AI owners here shooting in the 1.13 Mile Light Gun match July 25 in Raton?
View attachment 7865165View attachment 7865166View attachment 7865167View attachment 7865168
How much wind did ya hold

Found a pic of a Spuhr SP-41808, which is 1.73” high, 34mm tube (and not real importantly, 61.8 MOA mount for those that are interested).

99796AF3-C89D-455F-B6FC-C9905DDF12A1.jpeg

Actually looks fine on a gun with a full-length pic rail.

Reactions: pfl338

View attachment 7865165View attachment 7865166View attachment 7865167View attachment 7865168
What size was the target?

What size was the target?
2MOA, Kind of sad since the week before I was hammering the 1MOA, 10 times in a row with similar conditions. That being said I have never cold bore that barrel out that far so now I have some data on it.

Reactions: Btrain
AI North America is AWSOME!
A few weeks ago after a range session firing 50 rnds of 338LM I noticed a gap between the bolt handle and the bolt body. The weld had cracked and separated. Now the parent material was just fine, it was only the weld that cracked.
I called Adam at Mile High and he said (never seen that before and suggested I contact AINA). So I did, they sent me a RMA and I returned the bolt. I received word today that a BRAND NEW bolt body is shipping out tomorrow! Hell, I would have been happy with a re-weld. That is fantastic customer service! The bolt had 3000 rounds on it. Just goes to show you get what you pay for with an AI
. Also speaking of the quality and close tolerances maintained by AI, I needed the bolt for a range session using 300NM the next week so I JB Welded it back together and it performed flawlessly!
IMG_0439.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg

AI North America is AWSOME!
A few weeks ago after a range session firing 50 rnds of 338LM I noticed a gap between the bolt handle and the bolt body. The weld had cracked and separated. Now the parent material was just fine, it was only the weld that cracked.
I called Adam at Mile High and he said (never seen that before and suggested I contact AINA). So I did, they sent me a RMA and I returned the bolt. I received word today that a BRAND NEW bolt body is shipping out tomorrow! Hell, I would have been happy with a re-weld. That is fantastic customer service! The bolt had 3000 rounds on it. Just goes to show you get what you pay for with an AI
. Also speaking of the quality and close tolerances maintained by AI, I needed the bolt for a range session using 300NM the next week so I JB Welded it back together and it performed flawlessly!
View attachment 7866651View attachment 7866652
That’s wild cause the same thing just happens on my brand new AT-X bolt with only about 300 rounds on it. Sent it in last week when both Scott and Tim were out. Called today and spoke with Tim because I have a match this coming weekend and he said he was getting me a new one out tomorrow but specifically asked if the weld had broke. Seems like there may be some issues with the weld on some of these rifles.

Reactions: pfl338
2MOA, Kind of sad since the week before I was hammering the 1MOA, 10 times in a row with similar conditions. That being said I have never cold bore that barrel out that far so now I have some data on it.
That’s some fine shooting!

I’ve hit a 17.5”X24” steel target at 1776 yards, but have no idea if I hit it cold bore. Didn’t even know the target had impacts till we drove out to it. The spotter could see the misses that hit the rocks to the left and right (made some dust). Turned out the target had several hits.

Attachments

• 0B6BCA91-384E-4874-B08E-1FC1AA3BDA46.jpeg
    0B6BCA91-384E-4874-B08E-1FC1AA3BDA46.jpeg
    810.8 KB · Views: 53

I’ve hit a 17.5”X24” steel target at 1776 yards, but have no idea if I hit it cold bore. Didn’t even know the target had impacts till we drove out to it. The spotter could see the misses that hit the rocks to the left and right (made some dust). Turned out the target had several hits.
Nice shot! Spotting is tuff at that range. I have noticed that the dust that sometimes appear as misses are actual impacts. I am thinking there is not enough energy left for the bullet to fracture into tiny pieces, instead it remains more intact and then hits the surrounding dirt and it looks like a miss. I assume that's what's happening sometimes, no proof, just a guess. And that is the reason at the club I made the CB shot at , has a camera on the target and two range officers spotting the impact through spotting scopes for CB attempts.

Reactions: Gar.
That’s wild cause the same thing just happens on my brand new AT-X bolt with only about 300 rounds on it. Sent it in last week when both Scott and Tim were out. Called today and spoke with Tim because I have a match this coming weekend and he said he was getting me a new one out tomorrow but specifically asked if the weld had broke. Seems like there may be some issues with the weld on some of these rifles.
That is odd. My MC was a 2017 manufactured rifle though, not current production.

Reactions: Darkside-Six

I shot a milk jug with my 260 at 1,440 yards. Had no idea where the shot landed. Decided to shoot again. When re engaging I saw the blue cool aid I had in it was drained out 2/3. Only way I knew I hit it

Was there a price increase on ATs recently? Noticed a 6.5 AT folder is about $4900 on Eurooptic today. Bought same thing from them around $4200 in 2020.

Between my AXMC and AT its AT master race all day

Something about those thumbholes that says “true” AI

Reactions: M8541Reaper