• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Pffff dremel. Lol
grinder-intro-hero.jpg

Reactions: Joshf303 and BurtG
What has anyone done to drop weight on their AXSR? I usually like my rifles heavy but thinking about taking it on a trip that requires me to carry it alot
I am not being flippant when I say this, but...

When I realized that I would have trouble carrying my axmc for the mountain rifle class with Roberts, Way, and Frank, I got a personal trainer.

To be fair I needed to get in better shape anyway but that was the catalyst for finally doing it.

If the firing pin is forward/released, then you’d need to move cocking piece to the rear to engage safety.

Pretty easy though. It’s just the switch/plate, a detent ball/spring, and a plunger type piece (this is what locks the bolt with safety all the way to the rear.

Just removing the shroud cover and looking and you’ll see how it works pretty easily.

Just don’t drop the detent ball or spring.

How do you remove the shroud cover?

I see the two screws on the bottom but don't want to mess with them without instructions.

I just want to pop it off to paint it since it's sage green

Has anyone done a welfare check on the bolt welding dude? :LOL:

axiom.jpg

Curtis Custom Axiom 6.5PRC in the shorty AICS AT-X.
This is an excellent setup, would be perfect for NRL Hunter... But we don't do that fancy business here so it's been moved over to rimfire as a trainer.

Last edited:
I am not being flippant when I say this, but...

When I realized that I would have trouble carrying my axmc for the mountain rifle class with Roberts, Way, and Frank, I got a personal trainer.

To be fair I needed to get in better shape anyway but that was the catalyst for finally doing it.

Its not that i cant carry it, my dad would be using it mostly on this trip. Its not that he cant carry it either. Just looking for options to make it alittle more "enjoyable" lol

Its not that i cant carry it, my dad would be using it mostly on this trip. Its not that he cant carry it either. Just looking for options to make it alittle more "enjoyable" lol

I hear that. Someone called the MC/SR "more of a prone-only gun" and that kind of fits :)
I do find that with a 16" barrel, 13" handguard, and a 3.6-18 mk5 it is a lot handier than when it's got a 26" barrel and the 5-25 atacr. I think there's like 6lbs difference there? Still hefty but not nearly as much.

Reactions: BurtG
I hear that. Someone called the MC/SR "more of a prone-only gun" and that kind of fits :)
I do find that with a 16" barrel, 13" handguard, and a 3.6-18 mk5 it is a lot handier than when it's got a 26" barrel and the 5-25 atacr. I think there's like 6lbs difference there? Still hefty but not nearly as much.

Ew a Leupold..... I would rather suck up another lb haha

Just curious I know it was reported the AT was going away according to shot show info. But is the AX as well. Just browsing mile high site and noticed only the sage green AX is available. The others ES and DE are LE only. Just wondering if it will come down to the ATX or AXSR only?

Not sure if that’s the case but personally I like the AW/AT line the best. AX would be a second. However I truly don’t care for the ATX look wise. Which I know isn’t everything but still. I want either the thumb hole old school AI or full beefed up/handgaurd style of the AX/MC/SR.

Tom Irwin confirmed that the AT and AXSA were not being replaced.
The AT-X chassis are all made in the US whereas the AT and AX are made in the UK, so seems like it's an aditional option not a replacement.

Reactions: BurtG and hafejd30
The AT-X chassis are all made in the US whereas the AT and AX are made in the UK, so seems like it's an aditional option not a replacement.
Lets get some ai suppressors made in the usa!

All actions are still made in the UK. The AT is entirely made in the UK. The AX and ATX chassis and stocks are made in the USA and the rifle is assembled in the USA.

Reactions: hafejd30

I’ve seen @SuperBoot shoot a axsr from non prone and do well, hell it was even a 308 🤣

Last edited:
I’ve seen @SuperBoot shoot a axsr from non prone and do well, hell it was even a 308 🤣

Shooting paper from the 200yd bench is technically non-prone, right? #BATTLEPROVEN

This one time at band camp I may or may not have beat Mr. BRA himself @Krob95 through a skills barricade with my 300 PRC barrel screwed on 🤭

Me too. Live and in the flesh. A true sight to behold

Not every day you see a dude in a gimp suit yelling about "MUH ZERO SHIFTED" and "CORIOLIS EFFECT".
Takes most off guard, I get it.

I believe the early YJ was the last of the real AMC built Jeeps..
I had an 1988 jeep, which I think was the second year production of the replacement for the CJ.

Off-road-wise, a total piece of shit lol. Had maybe 2” of wheel travel upwards until the axle hit the bump stops. Unfixable (by them) carb problems. Probably a warped head from the factory. A whole bunch of small changes from my buddy’s CJ5/7’s that made the car less cool and less off-road worthy. Like 9”/9.5”w x 30” max height tires fit without mods. Christ.

One would’ve had to cut out the anti-roll bars (dremel bro?) and do a bunch of work to get that thing good at slow-ish mudding and rock crawling.

HOWEVER, it was a decent high(er) speed rally-racer! Unofficially…I never raced but I absolutely beat the piss out of that car. Stiff-ass suspension worked here. Opposite-lock turning on twisty and abandoned dirt roads…yes yes yes! Scared all of my friends except one, who was a fellow adrenaline junkie.

The best rally road we nicknamed The Road. As in, “Hey man wanna do The Road this weekend at the lake?”

Jumped it on Pismo beach and got lucky with a perfect and soft four-point landing. I have no idea how that happened with that crap suspension. Man it would have been bad if it would’ve been a one or two point landing. I think that’s where I broke off a rear Ranchero shock lol, discovered that back home.

Ah youth.

Rallying is what I discovered I really liked anyway.

Last edited:
I had an 1988 jeep, which I think was the second year production of the replacement for the CJ.

Off-road-wise, a total piece of shit lol. Had maybe 2” of wheel travel upwards until the axle hit the bump stops. Unfixable (by them) carb problems. Probably a warped head from the factory. A whole bunch of small changes from my buddy’s CJ5/7’s that made the car less cool and less off-road worthy. Like 9”/9.5”w x 30” max height tires fit without mods. Christ.

One would’ve had to cut out the anti-roll bars (dremel bro?) and do a bunch of work to get that thing good at slow-ish mudding and rock crawling.

HOWEVER, it was a decent high(er) speed rally-racer! Unofficially…I never raced but I absolutely beat the piss out of that car. Stiff-ass suspension worked here. Opposite-lock turning on twisty and abandoned dirt roads…yes yes yes! Scared all of my friends except one, who was a fellow adrenaline junkie.

The best rally road we nicknamed The Road. As in, “Hey man wanna do The Road this weekend at the lake?”

Jumped it on Pismo beach and got lucky with a perfect and soft four-point landing. I have no idea how that happened with that crap suspension. Man it would have been bad if it would’ve been a one or two point landing. I think that’s where I broke off a rear Ranchero shock lol, discovered that back home.

Ah youth.

Rallying is what I discovered I really liked anyway.

I have had a bunch of jeeps. Sold my last 05 tj lj and got a 21 julr.... I would never go back to any other jeep

I believe the early YJ was the last of the real AMC built Jeeps..
Yep, the '87 YJ was the cross over year (I had one). Half the bolts were SAE, the other half metric (oil pan for example was 10mm bolts). And it had the then new torx head bolts (and torx sockets were $75 for a set of 6 at the time). She was a weird one, for sure, but still had the old carbureted (carter single barrel) inline six engine that could pull stumps in double nuts.

I have had a bunch of jeeps. Sold my last 05 tj lj and got a 21 julr.... I would never go back to any other jeep
Yeah, the newer ones are for sure better offroad from the factory and safer with those (electric?) disconnectable anti-roll bars. I’ve lost touch of jeep tech many moons ago.

From a cool and looks perspective the CJ, to me anyway, was the ne plus ultra of jeeps, though.

Edit: sorta like a thumbhole AI

Last edited:
Reactions: BCX
So I really wanted to run aics mags in my axsr so I thought I would give the axmc adapter a go. Looks like I need to drill a 5.5mm hole like the Mac has to position the adapter but beyond that it seems to do the trick and get me the ability to run 12rd mags. I’m 3d scanning everything now to establish that position but I think we are in business fellas!
B1EED6E6-2ECB-466A-90F2-EB5633FCE75F.jpeg

Why not just run the AW or the ASR SA mags? AICS feels like shit compared to that of the double stacks
I have a box of probably 40 aics mags and as far as I know those stop at 10rds. I'm hoping to swing this in a prs match or two to spice things up from my typical rig. Worse case is I go back to it being a dedicated 338nm platform and I only have a small hole in the side.

Reactions: Huskydriver
People don't like mag changes
3 of my AW mags I can run 11 rounds in them while most of the others hold 10. I have heard people jamming 12 in a AW mag before. No clue which iteration AW mags they were as I have a variety of AW mags over the years.

Reactions: BurtG
Pretty sure AI or maybe MDT was talking about making 12 rd AW mags at some point, but that was a couple years ago...

Reactions: RS14
Pretty sure AI or maybe MDT was talking about making 12 rd AW mags at some point, but that was a couple years ago...
MDT has 12rd aics magazines and they run great. You can also put an extended base on them and stretch it to 14.

3 of my AW mags I can run 11 rounds in them while most of the others hold 10. I have heard people jamming 12 in a AW mag before. No clue which iteration AW mags they were as I have a variety of AW mags over the years.

I personally think it's retarded

Only reason high rd mags is because the prs was dumb and instead of writing in mandatory mag changes they put rd counts on stages. People too dumb to believe the market wouldn't find a product for that.

That said... the 12rd mdt mags are great. And size as my 10rd AI AICS but hold more and feed just as good.

Reactions: BurtG and samb300
Yep, the '87 YJ was the cross over year (I had one). Half the bolts were SAE, the other half metric (oil pan for example was 10mm bolts). And it had the then new torx head bolts (and torx sockets were $75 for a set of 6 at the time). She was a weird one, for sure, but still had the old carbureted (carter single barrel) inline six engine that could pull stumps in double nuts.
Yeah, my 87 YJ rolled out w the the front diff on the wrong side 😉.
EB6FF789-D812-4DAC-B83E-2924FE8AD071.jpeg